test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rotundo's Champions

sooperjoesooperjoe Posts: 31 Arc User
So I forgot all the credentials to my old account. Since I had to make a new one, I might as well recreate this costume thread for continuing designs and new ideas if I get any. You can still find the old thread, but the roster is outdated, so I might as well showcase them all over again.

The Vigil - I decided to keep it simple for the undead vigilante, and went with a trench coat rather than tights and pants. The most recent piece is really the neck cowl from the cyber cowboy set - I feel it connects well with the capes and, given the character hides his rotting face, also works with the masked mouth piece. I credit MG/themightyzenith for inspiring me with the color palette for old school heroes, used here since he's from the pulp/golden age in the blue and red.

Dr. Smolder - One of my current three villains, Smolder has undergone many changes. His current iteration sees more armor, namely the spiked shoulder pads for a post-apocalyptic warlord look. The main thing is his head. Still bare with swirl pattern for burnt skin, but now featuring steampunk goggles combined with the awesome masks from the inmate set. All that's missing is crotch armor, perhaps to be added later.

Funk - Previously with a tribal outfit, Funk the skunk now sports more urban gear, with leg shackles I unlocked and part of the inmate gauntlets for an uncaged beast/punk look. That with the shorts is a more overt homage to all those mutated animal cartoons from previous decades, from TMNT to all their imitators. The tooth necklace is the one reference to the character's Monster Island tribal roots.

Catch me as @Rotundo in game!

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    sooperjoe said:

I credit MG/themightyzenith for inspiring me with the color palette for old school heroes, used here since he's from the pulp/golden age in the blue and red.

Heh, there's no school like the old school B)

Glad to see you posting costumes again and keep them coming mate!

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • sooperjoesooperjoe Posts: 31 Arc User

Heh, there's no school like the old school B)

Glad to see you posting costumes again and keep them coming mate!

Thanks! Here's my next three.

Fulminis - Only big difference with Fulminis is that he now has an exposed face, since due to his ego he'd want everyone to know exactly who he is. Firewing for open mask design, eye aura, and a few more armor additions (namely the belt and the holoforce collar to act as an attachment piece for the mantle) are what is left. I kept the cape simple to not distract from the tights.

Robo Hood - Robo is back in her original incarnation with some changes. I added the space scoundrel belt, an extra quiver, and the cyborg chest piece - I wanted to expose a little more flesh to show she's a cyborg and not a robot, but cover up the neck area so the transition from flesh to metal isn't awkward. Long glove on the right hand has been replaced by the archer gauntlet.

Rubble Rouser - Formerly Sandy Stone, I haven't tweaked her too much; space scoundrel boots have been added (I love that set), jacket removed, bandana and bracers added. My attempt at an earth user who isn't made of rocks, I went with an adventurer archaeologist look using browns and yellows.
    Frobot MK. 2 - Frobot hasn't changed that much, just some color switches. One of my black redders.

SonuvaGUN - My nineties antihero type got a few more metal bits on him, namely the jaw, a military haircut, and some color palette changes.

Underboss - The latest iteration of my previous ice based mage, Luciano Calighieri, here he's a summoner type with some of the new sorcery powers for going solo. Nothing particularly new in terms of parts, just an eye aura over the nephilim mask.
    Lobotomatron - Haven't changed Loboto much, still an evil psychic schoolmarm. Hair is from the mad scientist set, added visible bracers and back piece for her 'battle' look.

La Huesuda - The daughter of a travelling mariachi musician, La Huesuda is more than just a guitar player; she is also empowered by the patron saint of the dead, Santa Muerte. Bestowed with enhanced durability and strength, as well as the power to heal others via her music, La Huesuda protects the weak and the outcast.

New character, finally. I wanted to make a Western style character that didn't use guns, so I opted to make a build using Power Chord and some HW powers - not seen is her skull guitar weapon. The Day of the Dead style was easy to do with the skeleton set, and the costume is modeled after the charro outfits associated with modern mariachi.

Boreas Boreas was once a man named Gary Rickards, who was imbued with power over frost and wind. His stint as a hero didn't last long, as his power began to overwhelm his physical body until it destroyed him. However, his spirit lived on as an elemental being, and he know seeks a way to cure his condition.

A remake of an older character, Smokeout. Now that the tailor has partial limb options, I decided to play more with it, running with the concept of an elemental trying to assume the shape of a man using scraps of clothing and ice formations, resulting in what you see now.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Love your skunk toon ^_^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited June 2017

Run Amok -Benjamin Fujimura was always plagued by a short temper. After an altercation that got him fired from his job, he volunteered to be tested with an experimental pre-workout formula for cash - and winded up with more than he bargained for. Ben was granted with the power to increase his speed the angrier he gets - which he now uses as a hero for hire under the name Run Amok. Petty and prone to flying off the handle, controlling himself is a Herculean effort some days when the whole world seems to want to irritate you; on top of that, he risks a heart attack if works himself up too much.

Finally made a speedster character, trying to limit to tights and only a few accessories. Run Amok is an homage to an old /co/ creation, Rage Racer. Here he uses the fire hair aura which I've never used until now, with his 'off mode' shown below. Parts are also used from steel shadow and inmate.

edited June 2017

Cerebrawl - The recent costume parts have spurred me to create an alien again, borrowing a dumb pun name from previous attempts at telekinesis characters for a third attempt at using the powerset. This guy uses a lot of futuristic and alien armor parts, plus regular tech tights, some project clockwork, and cybernetic shoulders - with the psychic force tinted orange. I have him as a ranged telekinetic, but since I won a 'mech pilot' category with him, I could feasibly see him having his own power armor, or even just a laser blade guy.

This is also my second tights-oriented character, that is, attempting a simpler superhero look with a few accessories like Run Amok above, though Cerebrawl obviously has a lot more extra stuff. I hope to make a good third to round it out.

I'm also probably going to update Fulminis' look again, sticking to tights but making him 'pop' a little more.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    These are all amazeballs!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    Good stuff! Really digging La Huesuda and Cerebrawl.
    Thanks river! And thanks presto, La Huesuda and Cerebrawl both really leapt out once I had the idea in mind. Now here's some costume updates.

Fulminis has undergone a redesign, for more intimidating colors and a modern look, and a little less glow. Simply using scifi soldier, project clockwork and cybernetic pieces with change to gold I think really makes things pop out more. Also, a new designer cape for a fashion conscious hero.

Here I changed the texture of Smolder's armor for a matte look which I do for most of my guys in armor. Leg hoses removed, belt of grenades added since he now is flowcyto's flamethrower build for tanking, which uses incendiary grenades. The jetpack is inspired by another fire character you may have seen, Torch (player handle to be added when I find it). We could stand to have the Viper/Warlord/Black Talon rocket packs given matte finishes.

Rubble Rouser now has a proper tights outfit, the square patterns and hard lines fitting her earth-wielding powers. New hair plus turquoise for her neckerchief completes the look. Now if only I could decide between having her as ranged Earth or HW with Earth flavor...

No real change, just wanted to show that SonuvaGUN has big stupid gatling pistols, fitting for his ridiculous 90's antihero style.

edited September 2017

Underboss (Corrupted) Just a small costume addition, since Halloween is coming up. This is Underboss when the demonic power he wields starts to corrupt his physical form. I make use of the Sweetland Jacket pattern, unfortunately losing the pinstripes in the process.

(stereotypical demon in caprice)
    Time for a big post! Apologies in the advance for the slapdash cropping, I don't pretty up my screenshots.

Anoshiruvan - A wanderer from an alternate dimension where Persia remained a great empire, Anoshurivan comes from a world where laser swords are the preferred weapon and imperial politics are the norm. He was once the strongest bodyguard of the current Sultan before being selected as part of the empire's interdimensional operations team. Quiet, confident, he brings the fight to evil with grace and advanced technology.

My take on a futuristic laser knight, but not one of European origin. Using the daring visor, steel wolf and star pattern tights for the blue tabard, coupled with urban anime boots. Name is a WIP until I figure out a suitable code name or bad pun.

Corporal Punishment - Kevin Mills is a vigilante gifted with incredible strength and durability; but only when he is hurt. The more pain that is inflicted on him, the stronger and tougher he gets. This has done a number on his psyche, and has resulted in certain...eccentricities. Donning the name Corporal Punishment, he uses brute force to dish out, and receive, substantial damage to evildoers. Jury is still out on if he was ever actually in the military.

Another old character of mine getting a remake, Corporal's costume is a little more overtly gimpy, with tactical armor added to serve as sewn-in armoring.

Henbane - Hailing from backwoods Ireland, the witch known to locals as Henbane is a practitioner of classic old magic as done by ancient cunning folk, none of this lofty stargazing ivory tower garbage. She likes nothing more than to brew remedies out of disgusting ingredients or scry revelations out of leaf piles. She prefers solitude and isn't considered civilized by many, but when dark forces surface, she is known to bring out the big guns.

My infernal character involving the use of the voodoo doll stuff. I learned that the voodoo doll as most know is actually derived from old English practices, so I tried to design from that. Interestingly, in voodoo lore, Baron Samedi's wife is known as Maman Brigitte, an Irish woman.

Proto Knight - A clockwork construct created by an enigmatic inventor, Proto Knight, as the name implies, is a protoype version of a Knight unit, still used as an assassin against her creators foes. Though old not as advanced as her later siblings, she still runs with deadly precision, wielding an enormous blade hand and not needing much else.

My single blade type, this one using imaginary swords so the gladiator sword can shine. The rest of the design came after seeing some friends make clockwork knights. Lacking the mechanical horse head for a chess motif, I opted for the steampunk plague doctor.

Whirlpool - Champion swimmer and marine biologist Alyssa Keyes takes to water like a fish - almost literally, as she holds the power to manipulate water from precision cutting jets to hammering hydro blasts, as well as an ability to breathe underwater. She has used this talent to her advantage, often found exploring the oceans or taking out pirates and poachers.

After unlocking some rave stuff, I experimented with the psi texture on them and thought they'd look neat on the arms, like water flowing across them, and the fur resembling miniature whirlpools or geysers. So, I whipped this up for my own force user (if you squint it can kind of be pressurized water blasts).

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    This latest batch is really good, and Whirlpool's arms are extremely novel.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

bluhman said:

This latest batch is really good, and Whirlpool's arms are extremely novel.

Thanks bluhman! I think I've been steadily improving on making up concepts from scratch than before. Nothing like double XP to fuel the creative process.

Oh, I forgot one:

Kludge - Once a 'liberated' junk robot by Mechanon, a freak lightning strike caused its programming to scramble, keeping it self-aware but without a fanatical devotion to its former god. Steadily building its mass with random scavenged parts, it is now more content to tinker with random objects and electronics than destroy humans, though it does not remain a big fan of humanity as a whole.

My power armor build. I feel the set is sort of clunky so I ran with that into the mish-mash you see here. I wanted to experiment with different colored parts over a same colored frame, even making use of that weird tinfoil option. Seen here: the new robo claw hands.

Side note: I am having trouble figuring out how I want to build Rubble Rouser and La Huesuda; the former due to Earth's shaky foundation among the powersets (pure Earth, or HW/Earth?), and the latter due to me wanting to incorporate power chord in the build, though I'm unsure if I want to do some HW/munitions mix (guitar and revolvers maybe), or Might. Any suggestions from you guys?
  • If she were my character, I would make La Huesuda a sort of Witch/Hexslinger hybrid. She would play a Spanish lullaby to put enemies to sleep, raise the dead or spirits with her music, cast Fear on opponents with a haunting melody, maybe she could play her guitar with such passion as to immolate the ground causing villains to "dance" on the flames. Also, please tell me you gave her that ghostly flying skull as a travel power?
    edited September 2018
    If she were my character, I would make La Huesuda a sort of Witch/Hexslinger hybrid. She would play a Spanish lullaby to put enemies to sleep, raise the dead or spirits with her music, cast Fear on opponents with a haunting melody, maybe she could play her guitar with such passion as to immolate the ground causing villains to "dance" on the flames. Also, please tell me you gave her that ghostly flying skull as a travel power?

If I ever get flying skull I'll definitely get her it. Probably be a while before I have the funds. Also settled on HW tank for now because I like the halloween event scythe.
    Post edited by sooperjoe on
    I'm still here.

vc90xQy.png
    Funk's manimal tribe outfit, which is his new default. The loincloth is from the gold/silver recog vendor. Kind of wish that and some of the other mundane parts were just regular drops.

TVwQ2EL.png
    Fulminis gets yet another tweak, can't seem to pin him down. He's back to silver and the old tights, plus a new cape design.

GUnWxkY.png
    Robo Hood has a new glove from the buccaneer set, and a few more archer parts for that 'fantasy meets tech' look.

NJCdxNH.png
    Rubble's third version, using more blocky parts and patterns to further emphasize her powerset.

GDpKkQr.png
    After getting the mechanical horse head, I put it on Proto Knight who now uses the male frame and a few different parts like the shoulders. Very satisfied with the head for this chess-themed automaton concept.

NOW FOR NEW ONES.

v43LSI4.png
    GrbHdJF.png
    Holy Roller - Abraham Harrison wields incredible power over heat and light - a gift he attributes to God. This has spurred him to start his own Bible-themed television series as well as becoming the head of a megachurch. His enthusiasm and natural charisma has attracted many followers, even if his particular zeal can be grating to other metahumans.

I got the blazing ball tp solely so I could use this pun. In game, a fire/celestial healer.

X334rgc.png
    Cold Shoulder - Emma Liebowitz never asked for this. After a freak accident involving cryogenic chemicals, she mutated the power to generate ice, but at a cost: if she goes too long without absorbing a particular amount of heat, her whole body will completely crystallize, resulting in her death. This has not improved her already irritable nature, and she takes her frustrations out on anyone that looks at her funny.

By now I have plenty of parts with the ice texture, so I decided to make use of them. I plan on making future characters using the shadow textures as well.

vhnJVf6.png
    Party Animal - You don't NEED to know his name. You only need to know that he is the one, the only, PARTY ANIMAL! A mercenary by trade, and not a particularly scrupulous one, he fights only with a set of clawed gauntlets and a lot of moxie. This blonde, overly tanned enigma only cares about two things: partying hard, and getting a hefty paycheck.

A few years ago there was a challenge to make a very unoptimized character with no passive and mostly just attack powers; Party Animal was my attempt. Now he's reborn with some new threads, as my fighting claws guy.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Nice work man, love the costumes :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    edited September 2018
    Good stuff, I really like Holy Roller and the updated look for Proto-Knight.

There's also something I missed the first time round...

sooperjoe wrote: »
    Corporal Punishment - Kevin Mills is a vigilante gifted with.....

I see what you did there ;)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited September 2018
    Good stuff, I really like Holy Roller and the updated look for Proto-Knight.

There's also something I missed the first time round...

sooperjoe wrote: »
    Corporal Punishment - Kevin Mills is a vigilante gifted with.....

I see what you did there ;)

Haha, yeah, good catch.
    Post edited by sooperjoe on
  • Your links are broken. :o
    edited September 2018
    It's the forums screwing up. It's the same post as Rotundo's last one, just with a different format for the links. He obviously edited that and fixed it and the forums have now decided to repost his pre-edited version too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited September 2018
    wow thanks forums. Well, I deleted the pre-edit posts that were regurgitated and filled in so now everything looks normal.