test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Favorite Speedster?

edict#8422 edict Posts: 108 Cryptic Developer
Just wanted to have a little off-topic fun. Who is your favorite Speedster (hero or villain) and why?

Comments

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Speedsters are among my favourite types of superheroes. I am a fan of most of them so it's tricky to choose my absolute favourites amongst them. If pushed tho' I'd say that the original Flash, Jay Garrick, founding member of the Justice Society of America and who debuted in comic books in 1939 is my numero uno.

He may not be as fast as other Flash family members but his level-headedness and experience make up for this. I also love the simplicity of his costume combined with that iconic winged helmet....

A close second for me is Jesse Quick. Not only is she the daughter of two Golden-Age superheroes but she has finally settled on a costume (after some really awful variations) that displays this legacy and has a great retro vibe...

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2017

My favorite speedster. Pretty much always showing off how fast he is. He could literally rip out the heart of every member of the entire hero cast in the blink of an eye but he never does it. Cocky jerk. Speedsters always seem to be a bit cocky... and hell why wouldn't they be - this guys takes it to a whole 'nother level tho. Plus dat fashion!
  • Options

If pushed tho' I'd say that the original Flash, Jay Garrick, founding member of the Justice Society of America and who debuted in comic books in 1939 is my numero uno.

How do you feel about his New 52 history?
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Plus dat fashion!

I've always been jealous of his hair.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    hmmm, putting a favorite is hard, ima choose uhm...

Quicksilver?
    5b54f559e8aa0b07be2a30f400bbc2f6.png
    He is cool c:​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    naciiito said:

hmmm, putting a favorite is hard, ima choose uhm...

Quicksilver?

5b54f559e8aa0b07be2a30f400bbc2f6.png

He is cool c:​​

I thought they did him really well in the movies. He was definitely my favorite parts of those X films.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Forums are scewing up and multiplying posts.

Please delete this post @bluhman

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited July 2017

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017

How do you feel about his New 52 history?

Well, I don't really see the newer, younger Jason Garrick as the same person as the Jay Garrick we know and love. Different person, different Earth 2, vastly different origin and costume.

I loved stories featuring the old Earth 2 when I was growing up, so back when I saw they were revamping it, AND that James Robinson was writing it, I thought I'd give it a try. I bought the first four Earth 2 hardback compilations.

Unfortunately, as soon as Mr Robinson quit writing on the book it went largely downhill for me. I did however like the new Jay Garrick's costume. It was very different from the original Flash' but still had the classic colour combination topped with a cool helmet....

I've seen recent teasers of the return of the original Jay Garrick tho'. He always comes back eventually =)

Oh, and my favourite evil Speedster is Johnny Quick from the Crime Syndicate. He looks kinda like the love child of the Flash and the Green Goblin and is a total psycho freak.....

It's a shame he had to die...

And what about you, @edict#8422 , who's your favourite speedster?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    My favorite speedster is Justice League Unlimited Wally West BARRY ALLEN cause he's totally awesome and stuff.

That's really weird, I could have sworn I'd typed in... GOSH DARNIT, BARRY NOT AGAIN!
  • Options
    prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    I'm with MG on this, it's Jay Garrick all the way. I loved the golden age of comics and the Justice Society without a doubt was my all time favorite superhero group. I loved when the Justice League would have their yearly team-ups with the Justice Society.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    My personal favorite interpretation of Quicksilver was in X-Factor. Loved the bit when Doc Samson was giving them all psych evaluations, and Piotr explained what the world was like for him...

"Imagine that you're waiting in line to use the ATM. And it's a very long line, and at the head of it is an old woman who doesn't know how to work the keypad and who wants to deposit a bag of pennies.

"Now imagine
    every moment of your life is like that."
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Despite an enormous amount of love I have for Quicksilver, (especially the quote mentioned by @jonsills ) my favorite speedster is Max Mercury. I always loved his zen approach to speed, and I can't say no to collar that popped.
  • Options

Despite an enormous amount of love I have for Quicksilver, (especially the quote mentioned by @jonsills ) my favorite speedster is Max Mercury. I always loved his zen approach to speed, and I can't say no to collar that popped.

I have a lot of time for him too. I love the Yoda of the Speed-Force =)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    jonsills said:

My personal favorite interpretation of Quicksilver was in X-Factor. Loved the bit when Doc Samson was giving them all psych evaluations, and Piotr explained what the world was like for him...

"Imagine that you're waiting in line to use the ATM. And it's a very long line, and at the head of it is an old woman who doesn't know how to work the keypad and who wants to deposit a bag of pennies.

"Now imagine
    every moment of your life is like that."

I always wondered something about that. Does that mean that he's mentally aging at super speed too? Seems realistic for all those people who see the world in slow motion.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Big the Cat. This is serious and not a lol post. This guy is $%^&ing terrifying. Almost as fast as Sonic but can barge through stuff like parked cars and trucks as if they where nothing. Think X-Men's Blob with the speed of the Flash and you can begin to understand why this guy should be launched into the Sun.

If he had half a brain he would be dangerous.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited July 2017

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    : D

I used to make them...

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

honestly, im into old school when it comes down to it

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    nepht said:

Big the Cat. This is serious and not a lol post. This guy is $%^&ing terrifying. Almost as fast as Sonic but can barge through stuff like parked cars and trucks as if they where nothing. Think X-Men's Blob with the speed of the Flash and you can begin to understand why this guy should be launched into the Sun.

If he had half a brain he would be dangerous.

To be fair, if you look at various Sonic games, a lot of people are either as fast or faster than Sonic randomly and without any sense. There are instances of Sonic talking to Amy, then racing at top speed to his next location... and meeting Amy there. You know how some speedster's talk about seeing the world in slow motion? I think Sonic has the opposite, where he walks at normal speed and sees the world whizzing by in fast forward so he just thinks he's really fast... would explain why the later Sonic games involved so many segments where you slowly walk around; they decided to turn off the Sonic Vision(tm).