test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

P A L A D I N, Ultimate All-Roles-in-one Freeform

gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
edited April 2019 in Builds and Roles
EDIT: Presentation is under construction, I will add More to explain properly. Even use as an ultimate freeform guide

Yo folks,

I definitely got even more bored spendin' time in ren cen, but alas I've always kept busy in the lovely aesica.net/co/ builder makin' too many builds my notepad would hold!
I figured to put them in use now to keep busy and have a goal! My first one being to become a healer, a tank, A DPS,and a Cosmic CCer at the same time.. and I accomplished just that!
Granted, you have to already be level 40 and respec into this, I found it worth it!

All Role Paladin - Freeform
v2.3.2-28

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Intimidating (Pre: 8)
Level 9: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 12: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Tireless (Rec: 8)

Powers
Level 1: Bludgeon
Level 1: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
Level 8: Manipulator
Level 11: Compassion
Level 14: Aura of Ebon Destruction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Annihilate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 26: Ego Sprites (Challenge!)
Level 29: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Thunderclap (Rank 2, Collateral Damage)
Level 35: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Masterful Dodge
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics
Level 35: Flight

Specializations
Presence: Repurpose (1/3)
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Dominion (2/2)
Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
Protector: Defensive Expertise (3/3)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (1/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (1/2)
Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Devices needed:

Primus Spark Shield- Gotta keep the damage ticks flowing, and healing you as you're hit when sentinel mastery is active!
Become Doomlord/Celestial - Mostly to have a resurrection, and look cool doin' it!
Psionic Accelerator - Especially needed for Paralyzing a big crowd or hearts.
Phoenix Tear - Self Ressurection is important for a healer, or anyone if something happens.
Post edited by gentlegiantvexx on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    No need to have two spammable AoE heals (Justice Iniquity and Arcane Vit). Also, there's no need to rank up Defiance here.

The multi-build can work, though ofc its stretched a bit thin. Hopefully R3 Cleave w/ Challenge gives enough threat gen to tank with, as ur base dps is pretty low even for non-dps roles.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    I figured as much actually, I did figure putting the note to just R3 Inequity, unless there's a better single target heal, yeah?
    Either that or replace a heal for Arc of Ruin with the advantages to help with the tank side more?

And indeed I do have low damage with this build, but It can definitely get by as long as I've the defender gloves and my sentinel mastery constantly proccing to help. Sure i'd lose threat to other tankers with DPS, but I'm a support tanker that can keep threat from DPS at the very least.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yeah, if there's a more specialized tank in the group you mine as well let them main tank and you can soak or off-tank (or provide relief if MT goes down). Just making sure stuff isn't hitting squishy dps or healers is good enough imo.

Iniquity is a strong-hps heal, for allies only ofc, and even if you take Justice and are only hitting one target that's still true. I may just mix Iniquity w/ Conviction (though that means ur main self-heal is on a cd). Whether you want AoE ally healing or longer-range ST healing w/ Iniquity is up to you. The only other issue may be w/ Defiance not being a great passive for healing, but I don't think you have the ability to compact the build much further to make a 2-passive setup. You could just take R3 Invuln in Tank_Hybrid role for everything, I suppose, but then you also lose Defiance's energy (may not be much an issue w/ Cleave).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    You don't seem to have a good way of stacking manipulator against sleeping dogs, which will cause problems, and getting enough presence to be effective as healer or cc will mean you have rather low con and hp for a tank.

Most CC/tank setups are designed as add tanks rather than main tanks, but in that case invulnerability is quite substantially better than defiance.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Jolly good show. I have an offtank/healer/CCer myself.

As flowcyto pointed out, you might not generate that much threat, and likely won't main tank if others are around.

You can definitely be a successful offtank with this build.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Yeah, if there's a more specialized tank in the group you mine as well let them main tank and you can soak or off-tank (or provide relief if MT goes down). Just making sure stuff isn't hitting squishy dps or healers is good enough imo.

Iniquity is a strong-hps heal, for allies only ofc, and even if you take Justice and are only hitting one target that's still true. I may just mix Iniquity w/ Conviction (though that means ur main self-heal is on a cd). Whether you want AoE ally healing or longer-range ST healing w/ Iniquity is up to you. The only other issue may be w/ Defiance not being a great passive for healing, but I don't think you have the ability to compact the build much further to make a 2-passive setup. You could just take R3 Invuln in Tank_Hybrid role for everything, I suppose, but then you also lose Defiance's energy (may not be much an issue w/ Cleave).

You feel my dilemma too! I'm not sure as far as what heal to have, you can heal yourself with arcane vitality right? I see conviction helping quite a bit too. I just want to be all around useful.

You don't seem to have a good way of stacking manipulator against sleeping dogs, which will cause problems, and getting enough presence to be effective as healer or cc will mean you have rather low con and hp for a tank.

Most CC/tank setups are designed as add tanks rather than main tanks, but in that case invulnerability is quite substantially better than defiance.

Well I can CC dogs without needing to stack manipulator, I've enough presence to make it work. As far as stacking manipulator, thunderclap is my manipulator stacker as I hit enemies every 4 seconds, specifically the ape as I walk on by and CC the hearts. As far as healing, I hit up to 1.6k inequity justice heals with compassion. I'm not a well experienced healer, so I'm not sure if that's good at all.

Indeed they are mostly Invulnerability, however I chose defiance for the energy return when hit in case, plus with sentinel mastery, it's like invulnerability on it's own with the amount of healing based on my Maxed health.

Jolly good show. I have an offtank/healer/CCer myself.

As flowcyto pointed out, you might not generate that much threat, and likely won't main tank if others are around.

You can definitely be a successful offtank with this build.

Thank ya'! Yeah, definitely meant to be a support tank/last tank resort/safety net for the rest. It's just that healing is my worst subject so far and I may not be doing that well with either.

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

As far as healing, I hit up to 1.6k inequity justice heals with compassion. I'm not a well experienced healer, so I'm not sure if that's good at all.

It's quite a lot less than an optimized healer, but it's not bad. Oh, if you have arcane vitality, taking Justice on Iniquity doesn't make sense, since it means you have two cone 50' heals (which scale somewhat differently with number of targets).