test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Krieg, The Unstoppable Beast

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Builds and Roles
Decided to share one of my builds to other bestial-users who want to stay dps and have better chances of surviving.
This build was also inspired by @gentlegiantvexx 's VEXX - The Gentle Giant PvE Support Tank His use of Sentinel Mastery for tanking intrigued me. Then I thought...how about using it in DPS role?
Take note: THIS IS NOT A LEVELING BUILD

Krieg - Freeform

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Behemoth (Con: 10, End: 8, Str: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Mighty (Str: 8)
Level 9: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 12: Tireless (Rec: 8)
Level 15: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Boomerang Toss
Level 1: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
Level 8: Enrage (Endorphin Rush, Giant Growth)
Level 11: Pounce (Furious Rush, Nailed to the Ground)
Level 14: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Masterful Dodge
Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 23: Supernatural Power
Level 26: Imbue (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Massacre (Rank 2, Bloody Mess)
Level 32: Aggressor (Rank 2)
Level 35: Lacerating Cyclone (Vortex Technique)
Level 38: Thunderclap (Collateral Damage)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Rejuvenated (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Gear
Primary:
  • Justice Gloves of Precision (R7Con x2/R7Gambler Gem/Depleted Uranium Core)
  • Justice Tights of Fitness (R7Con x2/R7Impact Prism x2)
  • Justice Mask of Efficiency (R7Con x2/R7Gambler Gem/R7Teleiosaurus Rage)
Secondary:
  • Onslaught Gloves of Slicer (R5 Str)
  • Onslaught Tights of Fitness (R5 Con)
  • Onslaught Mask of Speed (R5 Con)
Devices:
  • Neuroelectric Pulse Generator
  • Punji Stick Trap/Ice Grenade
  • Psionic Accelerator
  • Primus Spark Shield
  • Any healing device
The concept of this build was to make a dps with regen abilities. Much like a werewolf's healing factor.
With this build, you'll be able to dps while healing yourself and others. As long as you apply a hold to proc Sentinel Mastery(e.g. Thunderclap, Psionic Accelerator). It has the potential to Off-Tank IF-and only IF-one decides to sacrifice 1 adv point for Challenge. (Onslaught Defender Gloves isn't quite enough to hold aggro apparently)

What's nice about this build is that it makes doing Q-warzone(Or Event) dailies a breeze. (as long as you know what you're doing)
The Lacerating Cyclone+Thunderclap combo gives you 2% of your max hp for EVERY mob affected by Sentinel Mastery. Bleeds from Lacerating Cyclone will proc SM's heal(because you have to hit the mob for heals), and with Primus Spark Shield whenever mobs attack you, they will be healing you when they have SM on them. So there's always a guarantee that you get heals from SM.

Damage of this build is just about average of 12-14k crit w/ Massacre+Shredded+Bleed. I onced parsed it around 4-4.5k dps. Which I think is passable for Cosmic DPS checks. You can swap Lacerating Cyclone with Eviscerate(don't forget Messy adv) if you want more DoT. You can get by with just ice 'nades, Psionic Accelerator and NPG for AoE. Plus, Ice 'Nades and Psionic Accelerator proc SM. Be careful when using Psionic Accelerator. It's wide range is prone to accidentally aggroing neighboring mobs.
I chose Unstoppable passive instead of Night Warrior/Way of the Warrior because Massacre is an energy-hungry power. Plus, it's also the reason why I named this build after.
Aggressor is there just in case you have trouble keeping up your Enrage form (because I do, sometimes. it's frustrating getting it back again.) I also like to use Punji Stick Trap after activating Aggressor for some more dps. If you don't have trouble maintaining Enrage, you can swap it for a Rank 3 block.

Now let's talk Specs:
This build uses STR/Brawler/Sentinel spec trees.
STR because of Brutality and Juggernaut which lets you stack CON for more survivability. More CON = More Crit Severity+Defense

Brawler because Flanking and Finishing Blow is a nice dmg boost for melee dps. However, you can swap to Warden if you would like to have more defense(via The Best Defense). If one does plan on taking Warden, might want to place the points of Swole into Aggression in the STR Spec Tree to feed the Off/Def loop.

And finally, Sentinel . Obviously, it is only because of Sentinel Mastery. Which gives 2% of max hp back to you(and your team) whenever a held(or attempted) target/s get hit. It happens every 1 sec, so it's like a mini-Regeneration Passive if you think about it.

Final Words:
I hope this build will help those dps who are struggling with endgame stuff. This build has been my favorite thus far. I have tried other builds, but this one is what I became comfortable with. Sure, it's not one of those extreme high-end 6k(or higher?) dps builds. It's around 5k dps. But when I apply SM, I'd like to think that I'm helping the team. Even if I technically heal them for just 2% of their hp. It's also quite perfect for soloing stuff.

EDIT:
-Changed Ego Surge with Imbue because of the changes. Chose Imbue since it gives some crit chance and sev.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter
Post edited by chaosdrgnz43 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Its a good build, but that's mostly cause its like a standard Massacre-based Bestial one, but throwing in TC for Sentinel-related stuff. It should work well even if not being optimal for personal dps.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Its a good build, but that's mostly cause its like a standard Massacre-based Bestial one, but throwing in TC for Sentinel-related stuff. It should work well even if not being optimal for personal dps.

Of course. Massacre is Bestial's hardest hitting power. Unless you count Thrash, which takes a while to setup to make it count.There are ways to optimize the dps, but those methods will require removing SM. Making it squishy. I can't stand being squishy and/or not have around 10k+ HP...
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Yeah its a pretty good way to squeak in a significant amount of support w/o taking too much away from a high-dps build, and cause ur also boosting team dps a bit w/ Wither to help make up for it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    flowcyto said:

Yeah its a pretty good way to squeak in a significant amount of support w/o taking too much away from a high-dps build, and cause ur also boosting team dps a bit w/ Wither to help make up for it.

Tbh, I'm not entirely sure Wither works. This build's holds don't last long enough for the spec. I just took it because i had nowhere else to put points.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Wither still has no debuff icon, afaik, but it def does work as stated. From a dps standpoint, its the main reason to take Sentinel spec if you have a stun or other hold-CC. The debuff works even on CC-immune targets.
    flowcyto said:

Wither still has no debuff icon, afaik, but it def does work as stated. From a dps standpoint, its the main reason to take Sentinel spec if you have a stun or other hold-CC. The debuff works even on CC-immune targets.

Neat. Here I thought it was a waste of points. But I read somewhere that Wither only applies when using Hold maintains or Hold Duration. I never knew it worked like you said. How long does it last though, 5 secs? 10 secs?
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    I think its pretty brief- like 5 sec or less. You prob won't get very high uptime on it, but in a team setting it can still be significant.
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    From what i gathered it's villain rank dependen!
    Like sentinel mastery with wither on bosses n' cosmics, it's 4 seconds.
    (I've forgotten villain ranks at the time) Master villain is around 6 and below were 8 (unsure of 10)

Tested by Thunderclap -> Defensive Combo spam.

Also really glad that you could DPS with sentinel! DPS ain't my style for the life of me haha!
  • DPS ain't my style for the life of me haha!

but we all love you anyway, puppy!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited May 2017

From what i gathered it's villain rank dependen!

Like sentinel mastery with wither on bosses n' cosmics, it's 4 seconds.

(I've forgotten villain ranks at the time) Master villain is around 6 and below were 8 (unsure of 10)

Tested by Thunderclap -> Defensive Combo spam.

Also really glad that you could DPS with sentinel! DPS ain't my style for the life of me haha!

Guess I'll add TC for my rotation during Dino check. Also, don't worry. Everyone has something they're good at. I'm terrible at tanking whereas you excel at. :D
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited May 2017

1286645095343.jpg
    Really now?

You had to use the out of theme, ugly overused energy builder with spine breaking animation on a Melee build?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited May 2017
    avianos said:

1286645095343.jpg

Really now?

You had to use the out of theme, ugly overused energy builder with spine breaking animation on a Melee build?​​

Well, my character IS a bounty hunter. It's not bad to choose a ranged eb. I could have used guns, but took Boomerang Toss because it knocks.

Wield Earth is possible too, but I already gave that on a diff character.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter