test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deathray Demolition? (Return of the Bug)

daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
edited May 2017 in Missions and Content
I am actually experiencing this https://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/191767/deathray-demolition-final-nemesis-mish-broken seven-year-old bug currently with my Inferno AT. I've successfully completed the thing twice with my Soldier*, but I can't remember if there's a trick to getting past the first confrontation with the Nemesis (e.g. clear the room before overloading the deathray or something.) Sometimes the door to the next room opens; sometimes it doesn't. In both cases, though, the Nemesis just disappears and there's no way to advance. I've left the lair and re-entered, starting the mission over, and it's exactly the same.

I just want to ask if anyone else is experiencing this problem or if there's some kind of workaround before I submit it as a bug. I really want to finish this Nemesis off so I can start a new one I'll hopefully like better.

*I haven't tried recently with my Soldier; all the preceding missions are a bit to work through just to test this one mission.
Post edited by daderganonumbers on

Best Answer

• Options
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    OK, I worked it out for myself a few months ago. Thanks, everyone. I had to change the Nemesis' archetype and the mobs' powers. That finally allowed me to complete the mission.

It's not REALLY a solution, though, is it? I signed on for an ice villain, and in our final showdown, had to fight a darkness one.

I'm hoping the recent renewed interest in the Nemesis system will lead the Devs to...in Strongbad's words...do sum bout dis.
    Post edited by daderganonumbers on

Answers

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I ran into this bug recently as well. But I didn't have to change anything about my nemesis, I just left the instance and went back in and it worked the second time.​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Well, I'm glad it's not just me.

Unfortunately, I did try leaving and re-entering as you did several times. But my nemesis just kept disappearing at random intervals in the mission until I changed her powers.

I appreciate the input. Who knows...maybe it's changed since I had the problem? They do seem to be paying attention to the Nemesis stuff again.