test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove aura from Aspect of the Infernal

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
Can we please have the aura split from Aspect of the Infernal already?
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Yes please +1

I picked Chilled Form in my Infernal DPS to complety avoid the forced aura from the toggle

It's ugly, annoying and aesthetically displeasing, it should have been removed long time ago and put the aura in the aura vendor

not to mention that if you are silver you are stuck with the default Green colours​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

Yes please +1

I picked Chilled Form in my Infernal DPS to complety avoid the forced aura from the toggle

It's ugly, annoying and aesthetically displeasing, it should have been removed long time ago and put the aura in the aura vendor

not to mention that if you are silver you are stuck with the default Green colours​​

Indeed... I've got a few character's I'd like to have the aura on but can't use AotI on... and even a character who uses AotI as it's the best form for her, but I really don't like having the aura on her...

Also... still waiting on them to add the old AotB aura to that vendor...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    You know it makes me happy that all the new Toggled Forms we are getting (Particle Accelerator, Spellcaster, Sharp Shooter) are complety aura-free

and the only aura from toggle i like is from rank 3 Inertial Dampering Field... which I never use but I want the darn aura (I think one of the Digital auras in Z store emulates it)
    raighn wrote: »
    Also... still waiting on them to add the old AotB aura to that vendor...

Oh I remember that.
    I also remember people complaining a LOT about how obnoxious the aura was in rank 3, their character models were flooded with the visuals , and the devs simply removed it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

Oh I remember that.
    I also remember people complaining a LOT about how obnoxious the aura was in rank 3, their character models were flooded with the visuals , and the devs simply removed it​​

Personally I loved the AotB aura... it was great for characters with fur...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I wonder what's preventing them from removing it. Maybe removing the auras from Passives was something they could do, but removing them from forms isn't? It seems strange that they removed auras from passives so long ago, and in all this time haven't removed them from forms - there would have to be a technical reason behind it.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    It's on the todo list.

Typically we try to optimize any old auras before giving them to players. (A lot of those old passive auras need a optimization pass as well).​​
  • Options
    they aren't the only thing that needs optimization...the graphics engine does too, since it keeps crashing on me while trying to create 2D textures​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »
    It's on the todo list.

Typically we try to optimize any old auras before giving them to players. (A lot of those old passive auras need a optimization pass as well).

YAY~ onion-7.gif​​
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

It's on the todo list.

Typically we try to optimize any old auras before giving them to players. (A lot of those old passive auras need a optimization pass as well).​​

That is nice to hear. When I was a silver, I had a Cursed AT and I hated that aura on the form and the second I became a Gold Member, I switch out that form for concentration. Glad to see that the aura is going to get remove soon.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people will appreciate the ability to have "Stinky Smelly Aura" without having to take AotI:'3
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Some take the form for the aura with out having to buy/use up one of the limited aura slots. So hopefully there can be a middle ground.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Comment on that: Due to fx taking up memory/total fx draw calls (only so many fx can run on screen before things that to vanish), we really don't want auras on things like passives, toggles, etc as it causes players to take up more resources than intended. The slot cap is there for a reason, and any power/device that has a 'always on' aura will likely see it removed and converted into a aura at some point.​​
  • Options
    you can only have one passive and one toggle active at a time, which is 2 possible FX...how is that worse than 4 aura slots?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    That's extra fx calls, it's not like they're stopping you from using all 8 aura slots in addition.

The team has been trying to reign in excess memory use. Auras were stripped from passives, forms, etc to cut back on fx calls when the aura system was introduced, it wasn't just because players didn't want them on. Anything missed was an oversight.​​
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

That's extra fx calls, it's not like they're stopping you from using all 8 aura slots in addition.

The team has been trying to reign in excess memory use. Auras were stripped from passives, forms, etc to cut back on fx calls when the aura system was introduced, it wasn't just because players didn't want them on. Anything missed was an oversight.​​

Good to know, would really love to see more communication like this in the future as time permits.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

Good to know, would really love to see more communication like this in the future as time permits.

You should read the forums more, this isn't unusual u3u