test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DJ Jester's Cavalcade of Craziness

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
edited October 2022 in Costumes and Concepts
Figured I'm long over due for starting a page for my menagerie, so here it goes.

We'll start with the character I considered my first main character. He's not the first character I've made, hell he's not even the first I got to 40, but he is the one I played the most early on. His name is "The Arachnid"

His real name is Robert Mason. He does not hide his identity, and has made it known to the public. Once an archaeologist, he led a team that discovered a lost, underground city of spider worshipers. While exploring the halls, he found a treasure room. The room had many treasures, ravaged by time, but one piece in particular stood out. The back wall had a mural, depicting a spider goddess imbuing a worshiper with power. At the center of the mural was a golden spider idol, encrusted with gems unlike any ever seen before. When attempting to remove the idol from the wall, an explosion of energy knocked him unconscious. Robert had a vision he was stuck ins a cosmic spider web, floating through space. The spider goddess from the mural came down and spoke, telepathically, with him. He had been chosen to be her new warrior on Earth. Her arachnid champion to help bring balance back to the chaotic world. He was then struck with a beam of cosmic energy, and awoke in a hospital. From that day on, he had super human strength, speed, agility, and healing. He could turn his finger tips into razor sharp claws, and shoot webbing made of cosmic energy from his hands. Being a fan of Spider-Man comics as a kid, he used them as inspiration for making a super hero suit, and became The Arachnid.

Here's a few action shots with a couple of his side costumes. Will post more costumes at a later date.

Post edited by dialamx on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Here are some of Arachnid's other costumes

The main picture above I call the Stalker Spider costume, and it has become the default costume for him.

This costume was the Original suit I had him in.

This is the Future Arachnid armor, or Arachnid 2099

This is the Dark Future suit, or the Multifaria Suit

This is his Anit-Electric, Rubber suit for when he fights his nemesis Gigavolt

Probably not the best pic, but this is his Urban Spider costume

Here is his Qliphothic Horror costume

The Space Arachnid suit

His Armored Spider suit, for going up against heavy fire

The Victorian Era Arachnid

Arachnid works closely with the MCPD

Bad things happen when the Spider Creature emerges

Arachnid shows his patriotism as the American Spider (Originally called it the Star Spangled Spider costume, until I saw someone running around with that name)

And finally, a little collage of his Halloween costume I call "Arachula the Vampider"

• Options
    Now, in my head cannon, a lot of my characters know, and interact, with each other. Currently Arachnid is the money behind one super hero team that was started as a heroes for hire type organization.

The man behind this idea was "The Gold Bullet"

Johnny West was once a petty criminal. Known in the criminal underground as Johnny "Fingers", because he was the fastest man alive at picking locks. His reputation caught the eye of The mafioso group, The New Purple Gang. Seeing it as his big break, Johnny jumped at the chance to work with them. The job was simple enough. Break into a government official's office, plant incriminating evidence, and his competitor (in league with the New Purple Gang) would win the election. However, interference by a local hero caused the plan to go south. The New Purple Gang went with the more drastic Plan B. They killed the government official, and used Johnny as their fall guy.

Framed for a murder he didn't commit, Johnny went on the run. He took refuge in an abandoned warehouse. Turns out it was once a secret ARGENT laboratory. While fumbling through the dark, Johnny knocked over a shelf a volatile chemicals, which cause a massive explosion, sending Johnny through the walls and into the Detroit River. He was presumed dead, and the cops ended their search. However, Johnny was far from dead. After getting back to shore, Johnny discovered the chemical mixture gave him super human speed and agility. Noticing a strange, golden pulse of energy when using his speed, he took on the super hero identity of "The Gold Bullet" in order to clear his name, and make up for his past crimes.

Here are some of Gold Bullet's alternate costumes.

The costume that started it all. This is my take on the original sketch the spawned Gold Bullet

Alternate version of his traditional Tights costume, pictured above.

His "Young Punk" costume

The "Future Speedster" armor

And the modern take on the classic Bullet armor, the "Millennial Bullet"

• Options
    Of course Gold Bullet didn't start the business alone. His partner was also his best friend.

The super hero, "Johnny Rocket"

Johnathan Lancaster, a cocky young guy with the power to generate explosive energy. He can use this energy to propel powerful energy blasts, or store the energy into his fists for explosive melee combat. He also uses the energy to blast off like a rocket and fly at incredible speeds, thus giving him the name Johnny Rocket

His powers first manifested shortly out of college. His father, Richard, was an accomplished pilot. Looking to earn some extra money, Richard took a job as a stunt pilot for an air show. A freak accident caused the plane's engine to burst into flames mid-flight. A piece of the engine broke off, striking Richard and knocking him unconscious. Witnessing his father's plane crashing towards the ground caused Johnny's latent mutant power to manifest. Taking off like a rocket, he blew open the hatch to the cockpit and puled his father out before the plane hit the ground.

He has since dedicated his life towards being a hero. He has turned it into a career, marketing himself for commercial and movie deals as he fights crime. He does not try to hide his identity.

Haven't really done a lot as far as costumes go. Besides his default one up top, we have the original design

His traditional super hero costume

And a classic aviator costume

• Options
    The final member of this particular team, and still a work-in-progress character, is "Blackjack"

Action movie star, compulsive gambler, and well known heartthrob, Kirk Lazner was the definition of cool, charisma, and swagger.

Some people considered him the luckiest man in the world. He was rich, famous, he never lost in a game of cards, and he could woo anyone with his trademark smile... Well almost anyone. After beating the son of a local mob boss (though he didn't know it at the time) in a game of Blackjack, he was dragged into a back alley and beaten near to death. A passer-by saw the the severely beaten Lazner and called the police. He used his massive wealth to hire the best doctors in the world to perform an experimental laser surgery to reconstruct his famous face.

During the surgery, a power surge in the laser sent a jolt of energy straight to his brain, causing an explosive overcharge of kinetic energy. After that fateful day, Lazner had the power to absorb and control kinetic energy. Taking up the name, Blackjack, he hunts down the criminals that tried to kill him. All while continuing his acting career.

As he is still a work-in-progress, I don't have any other costumes for him.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Now here is my account namesake. The first superhero I've ever created. This is "Dialam"

Given that I first created this character when I was a kid, his backstory isn't that great. I won't go into detail about it, but the basic idea was that he is the fusion of a dragon and an angel, and is meant to be the ultimate warrior for fighting the armies of Hell. An opposing dragon took some of his blood and used it when fusing with a demon to become his arch-nemesis, Cyrxx (pronounced Sigh-Rix). Cyrxx became a major influence in my creation of a number of different heroes and villains over the years, as he had some involvement in them becoming what they are, due to his lust to cause as much chaos as possible in the universe.

Dialam's powers consist of super human strength, speed, and regeneration. He is near invulnerable, can generate a personal force field, and can blast energy from his hands, eyes, and the gem in his forehead. He can also survive in any environment, and does not need to breath. His current "hero" look is derived from him taking on a human like form when moving from the Ethereal Realm (where Heaven, Hell, and the Dragon World exist) to the Corporeal Realm (where Earth is).

The forehead gem is the source of his power in the Corporeal Realm.

Here are his other costumes.
    First is the Original costume, based off the very first drawing I ever made of him

Next is a recreation of his CoH look

This is the newest version of his costume that I call the Apocalyptic costume

Here is a look at the his Angel form

And finally, his Dragon form

There is a final form I'm working on. It's a Dragon/Angel hybrid look, but I haven't perfected it, so I won't be posting any pics yet.
  • Options
    Next up is one of the characters affected by Cyrxx's reign of chaos.

It's the heavily armed android "OverKill"

In an alternate universe, Cyrxx manipulated the governments of Earth to kickstart World War III. The war lasted for so long, countries began merging with each other to survive. I wasn't long before the war was no longer about countries, but more about the companies profiting from it. Eventually the war boiled down to two factions, both controlled by corporate warlords. A third, hidden faction took to living underground, trying to avoid the war on the surface. A young boy, with a brilliant mind, was born in this underground society. He grew up despising the war, and wanted nothing more than to put an end to it. The planet was suffering greatly, and could not sustain the damage the war was causing for much longer. This boy grew up to be a brilliant engineer named Adrian Mathews.

When one of the corporate warlords heard rumors of a genius engineer living underground, he sent men to capture him. Using Adrian's family as leverage, the warlord forced him to build a war machine that could be mass produced, and capable of bringing down the rival faction. Adrian begrudgingly began work on the prototype machine. However, when he found out his family had already been killed, and he was being tricked, he started editing the programming of the machine to turn against both factions, once all the machines were sent into battle. The warlord discovered what Adrian had planned, and decided to scrap the project. He sent his men to destroy the lab, with Adrian and the prototype inside.

With the lab exploding around him, Adrian knew he wouldn't survive, but the machine he built would be. He uploaded his consciousness into the machine body, broke free from the rubble, and used the massive armaments built into the machine to take down both Factions, being dubbed OverKill in the process. In his quest for vengeance, the Earth could no longer take the fighting, and the planet ripped itself apart. Left drifting through space, and with most of his new body's power drained, he was powerless to prevent himself from being sucked into a worm hole. The worm hole sent him to an alternate Earth, where World War III had not yet started, and heroes and villains roamed rampant. He has taken it upon himself to insure this new world does not suffer the safe fate as his old one.

The story needs work, I know, but this was another of many characters I created as a kid. His "powers" are just the weapons built into the body itself, which he constantly upgrades. This mechanical body also uses a combination of nano-transformative technology, and self-replicating synthetic skin, allowing him to shift from a human appearance to any armored cobat form he designs. The image above is his Police Assault armor, as he works very closely with any police official. Here are some of his other looks.

First, his human appearance, based on what he looked like as a human.

Next is a recreation of his CoH design.

This is a recreation of the first drawing I made of him, when he was just a living head attached to a robotic body.

And this one I call the Tactical Armor

There are many other costumes I've made for him, but they were all early costumes that I'm not a huge fan of anymore, and need reworking.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    The Spider Creature and Q-Horror versions of The Arachnid are very creepy (I assume that was the intention). Like those two a lot. I also like your use of the thin stripes pattern for the hands and feet on his main costume, works well with the tights.

I like Dialam's basic costume the best, it's pretty clean despite using several colors/textures.

Overkill's main costume looks like a great power armor, but to me it does read more as "police bot" than the scenario you described in the write-up. The Tactical Armor is pretty awesome, I might like it even more than the main.

Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    jonesing4 said:

The Spider Creature and Q-Horror versions of The Arachnid are very creepy (I assume that was the intention). Like those two a lot. I also like your use of the thin stripes pattern for the hands and feet on his main costume, works well with the tights.

I like Dialam's basic costume the best, it's pretty clean despite using several colors/textures.

Overkill's main costume looks like a great power armor, but to me it does read more as "police bot" than the scenario you described in the write-up. The Tactical Armor is pretty awesome, I might like it even more than the main.

Keep 'em coming!

Yeah, the main costume is meant to be more police force like, for OverKill, because he works closely with the MCPD. The tactical armor is more like an advanced version of his prototype design. The actual prototype costume is one of many that needs serious reworking.
  • Options
    My next addition will be a 2-for-1, because these to characters are very closely tied to each other. They are the ninja "Shinomaru" and the bounty hunter "Dorian Cain"

Shinomaru was born into a ninja clan in the mountains of Japan. He was always destined to be the next grand master of his clan. The current master, growing too old to lead the clan, wanted to make a sword worthy of Shinomaru's ascension, has his master once did for him. He spent a year carefully forging, and folding the metals, in the clan's sacred fires. The result was a sword of immense power. The old grand master felt the sword may be too powerful, and felt a corrupting force emanating from it. He realized the darker parts of his own soul bled through into his creation, so he shattered the sword into two pieces, creating two separate swords. He gave the good sword to Shinomaru, before sending him off into the mountains for his meditations. All new grand masters must speed one week meditating in the mountains, before they can return to lead the clan. The old grand master took the evil sword to the tombs, a cave like structure where all grand masters go to die when their time has come. He told Shinomaru he would permanently seal the tomb, with the evil sword inside, so it's corruptive power could never harm anyone.

Shinomaru returned from his meditations to find the village in flames, and his entire clan dead. He followed a trail of destruction that seemed to start from the sacred tombs. There he found his old master, bloodied and dying. The evil sword was gone and his master's last words were "Oni... Kage..."

Oni Kage, the Demon Shadow. The evil sword had reached out to the dark parts of the old master's soul, turning his shadow into a living incarnation of evil. Taking up his master's old sword, and the good sword given to him by his master, Shinomaru set out to destroy Oni Kage, and insure the evil sword would never hurt anyone again. He followed Oni Kage all over the world, having many battles, but could never defeat his foe. However, there was one fateful night that brought him face to face with the bounty hunter, Dorian Cain.

Dorian Cain was once a cop in Brooklyn, New York. He was the best shot on the force, some even thinking he might be a mutant as he never missed a shot. He and his best friend, Michael Connolly, were partners on the force. They got a call about a break-in at a warehouse. Turns out it was an organized crime hit on a rival family's warehouse, sparking a mob war, with Dorian and Michael caught in the shootout. Both gangs were arrested once back-up finally arrived. However, they came too late for Michael. He has been fatally wounded in the shootout. Dorian set his focus on gathering all the info he can to bring these to crime families down, and managed to single-handedly arrest the heads of both families. Unfortunately, corruption in the police force, and city hall, allowed for the heads of these families to walk. It was at this point Dorian turned in his badge, becoming a self-proclaimed bounty hunter with his sights set on putting an end to the families, and the corruption in the system.

Once he successfully brought down all the corrupt officials, and the organized crime families, he was labeled a hero in the city. He met, and married, a woman named Lora, and they had a son, Michael, named after his fallen partner and friend. With a family, he gave up bounty hunting, and became a private eye.

Shinomaru's search led him to New York. One night, he heard a horrifying scream coming from a house. Shinomaru went to investigate, and found Oni Kage standing over the slain bodies of a woman and her son. They fought, and Shinomaru managed to slice Oni Kage, before he escaped out a window. Shinomaru checked the bodies, but realized there was nothing he could do. Before he had a chance to follow after Oni Kage, the front door opened. Dorian Cain saw Shinomaru standing by the bodies of his wife and son, holding a bloodied sword. Without hesitation, Dorian pulled out his guns and began firing. Shinomaru's speed, agility, and focused training made guns a trivial matter. He had been shot at many times before, and could easily dodge and deflect the bullets like they were nothing. However, Dorian accuracy and precision were higher than anyone Shinomaru had ever faced before. He barely managed to dodge the shots, one even clipping his shoulder, before he escaped out the window.

Dorian tried to follow, but the ninja had vanished in the shadows of the night. With his family dead, Dorian had only one thing on his mind, vengeance. He gathered up what he was going to need to track down and kill the ninja, buried his family, then burned his house to the ground. There was nothing left for him now, accept this mission. One he fully accepted as being his possible last mission. He would get his vengeance, or die trying.
  • Options
    Here are the other costumes I have for both. We'll start with Shinomaru.

First is the recreation of my first drawing of him.

Next is a costume inspired by his CoH look

This is Young Shinomaru (didn't realize I caught the picture mid-blink)

Here is his Cowboy Ninja costume

Here are his Desert and Snow Ninja costumes

The Persian Assassin costume

And finally, his Blade Bearer Ninja costume

Now we move on to Dorian Cain's costumes.
    First is the original one. Based on the first drawing I made for him, and his primary look in every incarnation, until I changed his main costume to the one in the Story post.

This is his Pulp Vigilante costume

This is a more militaristic vigilante costume.

And his Steampunk Cowboy costume

• Options
    Out of convenience, and laziness on my part, I'm going to deviate from the order I had planned to post characters in, and bring this next guy up early. He is the mighty Sorcerer known as "Dr. Midnight"

Malcolm Knight was a brilliant, and successful, psychiatrist. He was born into a wealthy family, but always felt like a black sheep. His parents always looked down on anyone less fortunate than they. Malcolm, however, pitied them, and always wanted to do something to help. As he grew, he became interested in studying the behaviors of the human mind, and how a person's way of thinking can truly change what kind of person they are. His parents were less than thrilled when they learned he was going to study to be a psychiatrist, they felt he should try to be a "real doctor" like a surgeon, because that's where the real money is.

Despite his parents instance on changing professions, he went on to become a very well known, and high priced, psychiatrist. His secret, however, was that he only charged the rich for his services, providing free service for the poor, and the downtrodden. Everything changed the day a homeless man came begging him for help. Once just an average, middle class joe, this man lost everything the night he started suffering horrible nightmares. He told Dr. Knight about how he eventually started seeing the nightmares while he was wide awake. He begged Malcolm to help him, the terrors he sees were driving him mad. The man stopped, mid sentence, seemingly looking behind the doctor. He then started screaming the nightmares were there, in the office. Malcolm looked behind him and saw nothing. He turned back and tried to calm the man, when he was suddenly struck by an invisible force, sending him flying across the room, his head slamming hard into the wall.

As he shook off the stunned feeling, his vision still slightly blurred, he noticed something strange standing over the screaming man. As his vision came back into focus, Malcolm's skin went pale. The thing standing over the man was a creature of indescribable horror. A true walking nightmare. It began ripping into the man, tearing him apart, until it found a glowing orb. As it touched the orb, a rift opened in the office. Two men, in very ornate clothing, came through chanting some unintelligible words, then striking the creature down with a force of mystical energy. They collected what was left of the creature, the man, and the orb, then looked back at Malcolm. Seeing the shock in his face, they knew he could see them. He was taken through the rift to a strange place, seemingly floating through space. He learned this was a mystical realm where sorcerers are taken to hone their skills. Because Malcolm could see them, they knew he had the ability to tap into the energies of the mystical realm, so he was brought there to train.

It wasn't until he mastered his talents, and became a member of the high council of sorcerers (that ruled over the mystic realm), that he was allowed the knowledge of what happened in his office. The orb was a conduit. A mystical object that allows the energies of the realm to flow into other realms. These conduits form randomly in various worlds, and help stabilize the mystic realm. Without them, the realm's energies would build up to catastrophic levels and rip the realm apart in a violent explosion of energy. Because the conduits form randomly, they can take form inside a living being's body. If that being has no mystical talents, or capabilities, they would never know the conduit is within them. It would, however, allow them to see things hidden by magical means. The creature that attacked the man comes from a dark realm, and they feed on mystical energy. Because they cannot enter the mystic realm, they enter the realms where conduits have formed, and feed on them.

Malcolm pleaded with the council to create an outpost on Earth. The rise of superheroes and supervillains was proof that Earth had become a focal point for conduits to form. This not only makes Earth a prime target for the dark realm's creatures, but many horrible people could use the conduits to do terrible things. The council denied his request, stating they have no concern anyone not a part of their order. The only threat to the conduits are the creatures of the dark realm, and the order can handle them easily enough, should they show. The petty squabbles of the mortals of Earth are beneath them. Reminding him of how his parents treated "lesser people", Malcolm became disgusted with the mystic order, resigned from the council, and returned to Earth, becoming it's newest protector and taking on the name Dr. Midnight.
  • Options
    I don't have much as far as costumes go. But here's what I do have.

The original costume

His "Sorcerer Supreme" costume (obviously an homage to Dr. Strange)

And a joke costume I made, attempting to make a costume that resembled Daedolon, the Mage of Archanum from the game HeXen.

This last one was made back when the costume creator was still limited on what could be combined together.
  • Options
    Another old character directly connected to my namesake, and his nemesis, is the alien vampire known as "Darkholme"

This character has been a work in progress for some time, and has gone through multiple changes over the years.

Born from a vampiric like alien race who live on a wandering planet covered in shadow. Every 10,000 years, three great heroes were to be born and act as guardians for the race. Legend says that the planet's mightiest hero would be reborn as one of these three great guardians. The legend also tells of how his greatest enemy will too be reborn as a guardian. Though these prophesies were lost in time, time did not stop them from coming true. Three great heroes were born: Kael Darkholme, Mordran Shadowborne, and Talos Ravencroft.

When Mordran learned of the old prophesies, and learned Kael was the reborn hero of legend, he became bitterly jealous and extremely furious. Feeling he was the strongest of the trio, he attacked his brothers to prove his strength. Talos was killed and Kael locked Mordran away in a dimensional prison. The evil entity known as Cyrxx has let Mordran loose. Now Kael must stop his old friend at all costs.

I have shifted him from a shadow wielder, to a sword and shadow wielder. Now I'm giving him a more vampiric feel, giving him the appearance of more traditional vampires, and making his shadow powers look like blood magic.

This costume is based on the first drawing I made of him. It shows the influence of his old, pure shadow, power base.

I made this costume based on the old Castlevania version of Dracula.

These next two are more modern takes on his look. Trying to give a more traditional vampire feel.

• Options
    Well, this is extremely annoying. I just posted a write up for 2 characters, and for some reason it's now gone.
    Since I'm frustrated I just lost an hours worth of writing, I'm just going to post the costumes for the characters and move on.

Long story short, Starshot and Inferno are aliens. Starshot founded an intergalactic police force called Star Brigade. He saved Inferno's life and now trains and takes care of him. Here's the costumes

Starshot:

Inferno:

• Options
    So I've learned that editing my post actually deletes it completely when I hit save. Luckily I made a copy of this one so I could just repost it.

The next duo are also members of the Star Brigade, but they are heroes in their own right as well. The are "Captain Galaxy" and his loyal sidekick, "Kid Nebula"

Both hail from the planet Galaxia.

Thousands of years ago, Galaxia was inhabited by two races, the mighty Umbral and the mystic Ebonoids. These two races fought for many years, for control of the planet. However, a forbidden love burned between one Ebonoid female and an Umbral male. They spawned a hybrid baby, the first of what would later be the Galaxian race. This baby grew into a great warrior, with the might of the Umbrals, but wielding the mysterious Ebon power. Tired of all the fighting between the races, he used every bit of his amazing powers to fuse both races into one race, the Galaxian race. The merging was such a strain, his physical body gave out. Before fading away, he said his spirit, and power, would one day awaken in a new body, to act as a protector of his world. That day came, the day Captain Galaxy was born.

With his incredible power, he saved his world countless times. His greatest enemy, however, came in the form of a mysterious stranger, calling himself Darkstar. Darkstar sought to bring every planet in the universe under his tyrannical rule. His power to manipulate dark matter, and his strange control over magnetic fields, gave him the means to bring most worlds to their knees. However, Galaxia proved to be an issue, thanks to it's guardian.

The deeds of Captain Galaxy caught the eye of a young Galaxian, named Kaelyn. Kaelyn was born with the power to absorb energy, and he felt he could use this to fulfill his dream of being Captain Galaxy's sidekick. However, the Captain always refused the boy's requests. One day, he learned Galaxy was heading off on another confrontation with Darkstar. Wanting to see the fight in person, and find an opportunity to prove himself, Kaelyn secretly followed the Captain to the fight. During the battle, Darkstar saw the boy watching from the shadows, and attempted to use the boy to his advantage. Their fights usually ending in a draw, Darkstar sought to distract Captain Galaxy by attacking Kaelyn, giving him the opening for a killing blow.

Darkstar shot his blast at Kaelyn, and though Galaxy attempted to save the boy, he couldn't reach him in time. Much to the surprise of both combatants, Kaelyn survived. He had absorbed the full force of the blast, but the dark matter energy had a strange effect on Kaelyn. It altered his body's make-up, giving gravity controlling powers. Kaelyn's new powers allowed him to launch a counter attack on Darkstar. Already weakened from his fight with Captain Galaxy, Darkstar could not stand up to Kaelyn's assault, and was forced to flee. After that day Captain Galaxy took Kaelyn under his wing, naming him Kid Nebula.

They eventually met Starshot, and his adopted son Inferno, and joined the Star Brigade. Inferno and Kid Nebula have since become best friends. The four have come to Earth seeking the nefarious Darkstar, and the one who murdered Inferno's real father. Darkholme's former brother, Talos. Now calling himself General Talos, he has become a twisted shell of his former self, and may be working with Darkstar, or some other evil force.

We'll start with Captain Galaxy's costumes. Up first, his "Cosmic" costume.

Here is the classic Captain Galaxy costume, and the one he wore in CoH.

Here is his Star Brigade armor

And a recreation of his "High Society Order" costume (the SG he was a part of in CoH).

Two more CoH costumes. The Void Stalker enemy npc, and the Black Dwarf form for Warshades.

Now for Kid Nebula. First we have his CoH costume

Next is his Star Brigade armor.

I call this one his Gravity Armor

And finally, a more Retro Hero style costume.

• Options
    Another duo of heroes that work closely with each other are "Psi-Blade" and "Cy-Clone"

Alex Kincaid worked as a research assistant for an R&D company. He never knew he was a mutant until the day he came in contact with an experimental chemical compound. It not only activated the mutant genome in his body, but accelerated it's growth to an alarming rate. The result was a massive explosion of psionic energy from Alex, that destroyed half the building. The scientist he assisted found him unconscious in the rumble, and threw him in a containment box before Alex's psionic powers could manifest and erupt again. The scientist immediately went to work building a suit that would help Alex contain, and control, his massive psionic energy. Using this suit, Alex could form blades of pure psionic energy. He decided to to use his powers to become a superhero, naming himself Psi-Blade.

During Psi-Blade's heroic career, he came face to face with a man who would become him greatest enemy. The nefarious Dr. Victor Reinhardt. Dr. Reinhardt was once a German scientist during WWII. He had no love for the Fuhrer or his petty ideals, but the Reich's Science Division had promising research on genetic manipulation. Reinhardt was obsessed with the idea of extending his life and becoming immortal, and devoted most of his life to Biology, Chemistry, and Genetics. However, as the world's technology began to evolve, Victor saw potential in engineering and robotics. The Fuhrer, however, was too focused on his own vision for purifying the world, and refused to change to Science Division's focus to technology. Furious, Dr. Reinhardt helped to ensure the Axis' fall through careful manipulation, and tricked the Fuhrer into drinking poison, saying he finally made the perfect concoction for eternal life. Then made his death seem like a suicide. With the war now coming to an end, Reinhardt was able to easily steal away with much of the Science Division's notes and equipment. He set up his own lab, and began building all manner of robots and cyborgs, in his attempt to create a perfect, everlasting body. Over the years he extended his own life through cybernetic enhancements, and genetic manipulation.

Psi-Blade became a thorn in Reinhardt's side by constantly foiling the doctor's schemes to steal more high tech equipment. Failing to deal with the hero many times, Dr. Reinhardt decided to fight fire with fire. He began genetically engineering a clones, attempting to make an evil Psi-Blade that he could control. However, he ran into issues. Every clone he made kept the heroic ideals of Psi-Blade, but had none of his psionic powers. So Victor built Cy-Clone, a cybernetic clone with a programmed computer built into his brain, so the doctor could control him. To get around the psionic problem, Reinhardt gave the clone cybernetic arms with retractable blades. The first test run for Cy-Clone was almost a success. The clone nearly defeated Psi-Blade, but ran out of power before finishing the job. The doctor installed an experimental self replicating power source into Cy-Clone. It would only need to be charged once, and the power supply could last forever. No one would ever expect his downfall to come from a simple rodent. A rat got into the lab and chewed on the charging cable, causing a massive surge that led to an explosion, bringing down the doctor's lab.

The surge fried the computer implant in Cy-Clone's brain, allowing his organic brain to retake control. The lab was destroyed, and Dr. Victor Reinhardt was presumed dead. Cy-Clone now works with Psi-Blade as a duo of heroes. But they both believe Dr. Reinhardt will one day emerge and take his revenge.

Cy-Clone it actually my newest hero in CO, since there haven't been any single blade claw costume pieces until recently. Because he's brand new, he only has the one costume. However, he and Psi-Blade have been around since I was a kid, as some of my earlier hero characters. He has blades coming out of his hands because the original idea for Psi-Blade was he would create psionic blades from his hands, like single bladed claws. However, Psi-Blade in CO uses TK blades, as that's the only option available for his power.

Here are Psi-Blades other costumes. Fist the original based on my first drawing of him.

And here we have his "Superhero Tights" costume, both with and without Psionic Armor.

• Options
    Looking through my roster, I have only one hero from my childhood left. But since I'm saving him for later, I'll move on to heroes I created while playing City of Heroes. Here's another duo, "Night Raven" and "Knight Watch"

We'll start with Knight Watch's story, since it's semi-chronological order.

Cyrus Kane was a born a simple farm boy. His father was the king's personal farmer, so unlike other farms, his was located within the castle walls. Cyrus would spend most of his days watching the knights train, dreaming of becoming one some day. He'd practice, in secret, mimicking the knights movements using a wooden sword he made himself. Sir Alexander, leader of the knights, caught Cyrus practicing.

Impressed with the boy's eagerness to learn, and passion for being a knight, he secretly trained him. When he felt the boy was ready, he brought him to the king. From that day on, Cyrus worked as a guard in the kingdom. He quickly proved himself and earned his place as a knight under the command of Alexander.

One day, a darkness came over the land. Alexander took his knights out to find the cause of this disturbance, leaving Cyrus to watch over the castle. Only one knight returned, covered in blood and screaming of a demon before falling dead. Cyrus mounted up and road out to see what happened. He found his fellow knights dead and a shadowy demon standing over them. Taking up his sword, he engaged the demon. The battle was long but Cyrus eventually won. The demon exploded with a dark energy that ripped open a worm hole and sent Cyrus flying.

After recovering, Cyrus saw he had changed. His body absorbed the brunt of the dark energy. In front of him was the dark wormhole and a strange sword. He took up the sword, realizing it was Alexander's blade infused with the shadowy energy, and leapt through the wormhole, hoping to prevent anymore demons from coming through. He landed in a strange land called Millennium City. After learning the the demon was once a hero known as Night Watch, who lost control of his power, Cyrus took the name Knight Watch and fights to save this world until he can one day return home.

Night Watch was the eldest of two orphaned brothers. Maxwell, and his younger brother, Adrian never knew who their real parents were. They didn't even know where they came from, both being found on the doorstep of an orphanage as infants. They were adopted by a couple who could not have kids of their own, the very wealthy Van Mortons. As they grew, they started noticing something strange about their bodies. They seemed to grow stronger, and more active, at night. At ages 15 and 17, the boys lost their adopted parents in a plane crash. Max, being the eldest, was given control of the family business. It was around this time the boys started noticing they were developing strange powers. They could manipulate the darkness, and shadows, around them. Max became fascinated with this power, however, it gave Adrian a strange uneasiness. Adrian had more interest in tinkering and technology, than his dark gifts. A year later, Max decided they should use their powers to be superheroes. It took some pleading, but Adrian finally agreed, so long as he could use his gadgets over his dark powers.

Since they became stronger at night, they dubbed their duo team the "Guardians of the Night" with Max taking the name Night Watch, and Adrian taking the name Night Raven. They spent many years fighting crime as a vigilante duo, until Night Watch's anger and violence started to get out of control. Night Raven stopped Night Watch from beating a mugger to death. This incited a huge argument between the two that split the team, both going off on their own as solo heroes. About a year went by, and Night Raven had not heard from Night Watch. Adrian was forced to become the head of the family company in Max's absence. Night Raven began to suspect Night Watch's anger was a result of his use of the dark powers. He was eventually proven right, when her overheard a police call about a shadowy monster attacking a squadron of cops. This shadowy monster turned out to be Night Watch, after the dark powers consumed him.

Night Raven attempted to get through to his brother, but eventually realized there was nothing left of Max within the Night Watch monster. Night Raven was forced to use a combination of his tech, and his dark powers, to defeat the monster. The collision of their powers caused a rift to tear open, sucking the Night Watch monster in, then sealing itself shut. Night Raven had no idea what happened to his brother until a month later, when the rift reopened, and Knight Watch came through.
  • Options
    We'll start the costume show with Night Raven's costumes. First are the three costumes copied from CoH.
    They are the Golden Age costume, Silver Age costume, and Modern Age costume he wore.

Next up, his Steel Raven costume

His Heavy Armored Battle Suit

His "Young Vigilante" costume

And his Future Tech, or "Raven Beyond", costume

Now we have Knight Watch. First, his young farm boy look.

Cyrus standing guard, in his traditional Guard armor.

And finally, Cyrus wearing Alexander's Paladin-like armor

• Options
    I've been super busy with work lately, and haven't had time to update with new characters. I have time right now, but the servers are down. So just for fun, I'm adding the very first Arachnid story I made, during my first attempt at creating him. This story is VERY different from the one I have now. I actually completely forgot about it, until I found a copy of it on my old external hard drive. When I get a chance, I'll recreate, and post, the costume I made for this original story.

"Herbert Munson, aka The Arachnid, was a carnival side show freak. He has suffered severe mental trauma over the years, and thus cannot remember much of his past. He was a geek, in the carnival since of the term. He got the name arachnid due to his spider like arms and legs, and his ability to secrete a sticky fluid from his body, similar to the web of a spider. Besides biting the heads off of chickens, he would be forced to use his innate agility, and web like fluid, to do spider like tricks.

He grew a disdain towards society, as the "normies" would pay money just to mock and laugh at him. One day, his anger reached its limits and he attacked a patron, and began eating them. Since then he has grown a taste for human flesh. He was locked away in the same psychiatric ward as a homicidal man known as The Jester. The Jester told Arachnid about his gang, a group of former circus freaks bent on causing havoc and destruction. Arachnid happily joined them.

That all changed, however, when he learned that there was a possibility he wasn't born this way, but rather turned by a crazed scientist. He also learned that The Jester had known the truth about Arachnid's origins but refused to tell him as "he is much more fun this way."

Now Arachnid must try to put aside his hate for humanity and work with the heroes of the world in order to find this scientist, as his only hope for a cure lies with him."

The Jester is a character I'll be posting, and talking about at a later date.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

The Spooky season is upon us, and now that I have a better place to host my screenshots, it's time to resurrect this dead thread. And the best character to do it with is my Zombie Horde toon, The Revenant!

20221010202701-1.jpg

Bio:
    "So, I'm a zombie now...

More accurately, I seem to be multiple zombies rolled into one. I was once an investigative reporter, looking into a cult worshipping an ancient, and evil, diety they called the Flesh Collector. They caught me, and sacrificed me to the elder god, so that my flesh and blood could be the host for his return.

Little did they know, some voodoo priests were using the same graveyard for their own ritual, attempting to raise zombies to serve them. To add insult to injury, and alien virus, mutated by cosmic radiation, came crashing down. This unholy mixture caused all hell to break loose, fusing my sacrificed body with the zombies the voodoo priests were attempting to raise, and entrapping the soul of the Flesh Collector within my own.

So Now I'm a rotting corpse that can shape change into other zombies, and an elder god. I wield the god's blood magic, and can control the dead with my mind. And Apparently I'm now immortal. Yay me..."

I have been toying with the idea of changing him into more of a Death Knight type character, with this look.
    20221010202351-1.jpg

And here's is the "Flesh Collector" costume I made for him.
    20221010204542-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Keeping with risen dead theme, and the Halloween season, our next hero showcase is The Frank-N-Forcer!

20221010211932-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Lt. Frank Conners of MCPD.

He got a lead on a known convict, Lawrence Fisher. Little did he know Fisher was actually the deeply twisted supervillain known as Killsaw, due to his buzz saw gauntlets and his fetish for dismembering his victims.</p>

Frank found Fisher holed up in one of the abandoned slum apartments in Westside. He was caught by surprise and brutally carved up by Killsaw. His sliced up body was found by a scientist searching the slums for dead hobos to use in his experiments. Frank was a nice find. A once sturdy body, still fresh and not yet tainted by decay.

The scientist, one Dr. Hurbert Von Kroeger, had an obsession with the theory of Dr. Frankenstien, and felt he was close to making that work of fiction a reality. He succeeded. He rebuilt Frank Conners into the hulking hero now known as Frank-N-Forcer.

Given a second chance at life, and a new found Super Strength and Nigh Invulnerability, Frank returned to his life as a crime fighter, this time as a Superhero. He is looking forward to his second meeting with Killsaw."
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    This one is an Experimental character. He is, The Phantom. Originally created to be a Moon Knight inspired vigilante, he was eventually changed to be a ghost toon, inspired by the Ghost Transformation device. He's also one of the rare characters that I have not given a backstory to, yet.

He doesn't really have a set costume either, but here are the ones that I commonly switch between.

The first I call his "Spectral Assassin" look.
    20221011175925-1.jpg

Next we have his "Ghostly Astronaut" look.
    20221011180100-1.jpg

Here is his "Headless Ghost" look, with the ghostly skull being his severed head.
    20221011180418-1.jpg

Here's his "Gentleman Skeleton" look.
    20221016173817-1.jpg

And this one I just made for fun. It's Slimer.
    20221011180839-1.jpg

Finally, this is the original costume I gave him when he was going to me a Moon Knight Inspired vigilante.
    20221011175510-1.jpg
  • Options
    Here's one that's kind of a mix between zombie and spirit. This is Funeral Pyre

20221011182302-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Danny Graves was a history teacher, with a passion for myths and legends. However, Danny was suffering from a very rare, and fatal disease. Fibronecrosis, which was causing his musculoskeletal structure to decay. Danny spent all of his time and money traveling the world in a desperate attempt for a cure, but no doctor could fix him.

With nothing left to lose, Danny dove into his books on legends, and discovered one of a mystical, ever burning flame. Called the Flame of Life, in the legends, it was said to be a magical fire capable of reviving anyone who touched it, healing all wounds and curing all ailments. It took Danny a dangerously long time to find the location he believed held the Flame of Life. Barely able to stand on his own, and filled with all manner of medicines, Danny struggled to make his way inside the chamber.

Reaching out, he touched the ghostly looking flame, only to discover this was no Flame of Life. The ghost fire rapidly engulfed him, accelerating his Fibronecrosis, causing him to look like a walking corpse. His very soul felt like it had burned away, replaced by the ghost fire. After it was done, he was still alive. He felt rejuvenated, though he looked like the walking dead. With the ghost fire now a part of him, he has become the Funeral Pyre."

Here's a look at the costume without the auras.
    20221011182331-1.jpg
  • Options
    What's a Monster Squad without a Mummy? Here's Lazarus!

20221012180117-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Rex Lazer, born Robert Lazner, was a big time action movie star in the 80's. Starring in such classics as Midnight Zombie Massacre, MZM 2: Dead and Deader, MZM 3: The Redeadening, Corpse Cop, The Burninator, Burninator 2: Heat Rising, Burninator 3: Flames of Jusitce, Burninator 4: The Return of Santiago, Righteous Fury, It Kills by Night, and Slave World.

While working on his MZM spin-off, Midnight Mummy Massacre, he refused to film on Hollywood sets. Wanting the movie to feel authentic, he demanded they shoot at actual Egyptian ruins. During a film break, Rex decided to explore one of the ruins to really get inspiration for his character. He stumbled across an undiscovered burial chamber. Messing with some of the relics, he accidentally triggered a trap, enveloping him with a toxic cloud that began to drain his life from his body, rapidly aging him.

Trying to escape, he fell threw a weak part in the floor. Falling for what felt like an eternity, he eventually landed in a pool of strange, green glowing water. The water had incredible regenerative properties, but combined with the toxic gas that already filled his body, Rex crawled out of the waters as a living mummy.

He has since learned he gained incredible powers based on the toxic gas, but could never truly die thanks to the regenerative water that flows like blood through his veins. Remembering he once played the title character in a film based on the story of Lazarus, he felt it appropriate to take on the role once more, putting his new found powers to good use as a hero."

Here's his alternate, full Mummy, look.
    20221012182600-1.jpg
  • Options
    Another spirit character, this one is actually based on a movie shown on MST3K. This is the Soul Taker.

20221012184346-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Heaven and Hell are not so cut and dry as people like to believe. When you die, you must be judged. Where you go depends on the actions you've done in life. However, there are more than two realms in the afterlife you are sent to.

Former Pastor, Marcus Graham, came home early one day to find his wife in bed with another man.. His best friend. In a fit of blind rage, he killed them both.

Realizing what he did, he committed suicide shortly before the cops arrived. His soul was sent to be judged. While he was a good man and a devout Christian his whole life, the act of killing another person in anger put his case in an interesting situation.

In the afterlife, the rules state that those who cause the death of others through their own selfish actions, shall serve as agents of death for all eternity. These agents act as Soul Takers, beings sent to the Earthly realm to collect the souls of those whose time has come.

Marcus, now one of these Soul Takers, has broken away from his bonds in an attempt to save his soul. If he can use his new found powers to save the lives of enough innocent people, he can buy his way into heaven and end this torment, or so he hopes. However, one does not simply walk away from his duties in the afterlife. He is being hunted by other Soul Takers, charged with capturing or destroying him."
  • Options
    Another corrupted Pastor, who is one of two Vampire type characters I have is Sabbath!

20211026231344-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Adrian Vahn was a devout pastor. One evening, while leaving his church, he was captured by members of DEMON. He was on the verge of being sacrificed as part of some evil occult ritual when the heroes busted in and stopped DEMON. However, the tip of the sacrificial blade managed to pierce his skin. He could not get the memory of that searing pain, as if the blade was forged in the fires of hell, out of his mind. He began having horrifying nightmares of the evils that plagued Millennium City.

His faith shaken from the incident, Adrian left MC and moved to Vibora Bay, wanting to get as far away from the accursed city as he could. He set up a new church, and hoped to start life anew. However, things did not go as planned. One evening, while the church was locked up, Adrian sat in his upstairs office doing some work, when suddenly a noise from downstairs startled him.

A group of New Shadows vampires had broken in and began trashing the church and throwing a party. They caught Adrian, and were planning on feeding on him. His cries for help caught the attention of a passing vigilante, and once again Adrian was saved from near death, but not before the tip of the vampire's fangs pierced his skin.

Struggling to hold on to his faith, his mind slipped into madness as he now had two scars from evil, and the unanswered question as to why God lets these evils continue. The madness pushed his faith into zealousness, as he thought God needed a new warrior. The ways of the bible were not working however, he needed a new way. Remembering the DEMON ritual, he captured a vampire and used the ritual to steal his essence. Now a man of God with the power of the Devil, he fights evil as Sabbath, wielder of Blood Magic in the name of his Lord!"
  • Options
    My other Vampire is my attempt to combine the Bram Stoker's Dracula lore, with the Vampire the Masquerade lore. This is Victor Van Helsing!

20221013172941-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Last in the Van Helsing Bloodline.

He is the son of Abraham Van Helsing's grandaughter, Melissa. His father was a vampire and a pureblood descendant of Cain, the father of all vampires, who came to Melissa as a man named Lucas Reinholdt. His true name, however, is still unkown, as is his whereabouts. Victor has struggled for years with his vampiric blood. The Van Helsing clan wanted his death, so his mother hid him away. He has out lived his human bloodline, but he seeks to bring honor to his family name by hunting evil creatures in his quest to find his father.

He uses the skills taught to him by his mother, combined with his natural vampiric powers, to hunt any monster who seeks to harm the human race. One day he will find his father and get the answers he seeks."
  • Options
    Here is one of my Werewolf characters. This is Saber Wolf!

20221014172619-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Dr. Victor Cain was a genetic scientist researching prehistoric animal DNA. In a breakthrough discovery, he found intact DNA strands of an unknown species of Wolf. Running the strand codes through a simulation reconstructer, he discovered this species was an offshoot of the Dire Wolves, naming it "Saber Wolf", due to it's Saber-Toothed Tusks.

So fascinated by his discover, he began the process of cloning the DNA strands, in order to study the species further. However, though the DNA was intact, it seemed very unstable. All attempts to clone it caused the cloned DNA to break down almost instantly. He attempted to use his own blood as a stabilizer, combining it with the wolf strand. This had an unexpected, and violent, reaction. The petri dish shattered, sending shards of broken glass everywhere, and piercing Victor's skin. The prehistoric DNA mixed into his blood stream, causing him to suffer violent convulsions. After hours of excruciating pain, the doctor arose to find his body had mutated into a human/wolf hybrid, with saber-toothed tusks.

Now he is trapped as a walking, talking embodiment of an extinct species. His strength has grown exponentially, however, he can feel his mind slowly turning primal. He uses his new found abilities to help people in anyway he can, while he searches for a cure. He does not know how long he has before his primitive state takes over, but he hopes to do as much good as possible before that happens."

Here's is his Christmas themed "Snow Wolf" costume.
    20221014172646-1.jpg
  • Options
    My other Werewolf character is Patient Zero!

20221014180310-1.jpg

Bio:
    "In the 1800's an unidentified transient was kidnapped and used in grotesque medical experiments. The transient had an undiscovered blood disease, which mutated during the experiments. Labeled only as "Patient Zero", he transformed into a savage, wolf-like monstrosity.

He savagely ripped apart the doctors, before escaping into the night. The remains were found with a highly deadly blood disease festering in their wounds. One doctor, still barely alive, began changing into a beastly creature before being put down. Not long after, others began reporting sightings of a monstrous beast, feeding on the flesh of humans. Those who survived transformed into savage wolf-like beast men. This brought the rise of Lycanthropy.

To this day, the creature known only as "Patient Zero" is said to roam the world. His beastly mutation giving him an unnaturally long life span, along with his supernatural strength and deadly, toxic blood."

Here's a shot of his standing straight, to get a better view of the costume.
    20221014180330-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Of course, you gotta have a Witch. Here's Granny Good Witch!

20221015113952-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Once a part of a witch's coven, Beatrice Smythe's life changed when she met the man the who won her heart. She gave up her witchy ways to start a family. She would occasionally use her dark magic in secret, to help protect her family. Not only from the rise in crime and supervillainy in the world, but also from the coven she left, as they felt betrayed by her. However, a curse managed to get past her protective spells, nearly causing the death of her grandchildren. It was at this moment Beatrice knew she could no longer hide who she really was. Embracing her magic fully, once again, she now hunts evil, and her wicked sisters that tried to harm her grandchildren, as Granny Good Witch."

Here's a better look at the full outfit.
    20221015114032-1.jpg

While the character is meant to be female, I chose the male body because I felt it gave more options for a better, more traditional, "Witch" look than the female options gave.
  • Options
    From good grannies, to grotesque children, we have my favorite monster I've made. Mommy's Little Monster!
    (Inspired by the song Mommy's Little Monsters by one of my favorite bands, Creature Feature.)

20221015121134-1.jpg

Bio:
    "A horrific abomination. An affront to God and Nature. What ghastly creature could have spawned such a thing? This monstrous toddler has only two desires.. To find it's mother, and to feed on the flesh and blood of the living. When the moon is high, and the dark shadows sweep across the land, tread carefully. For it is always hungry, and it just may come calling for you."

There are people who have said he's adorable, and others that said he'll give them nightmares.
    Here's a standing shot to get a better look at the full body.
    20221015121144-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Another abomination is my character, The Butcher!

20221015143802-1.jpg

This one is interesting. Originally created based off a friend's character. My friend made a toon inspired by Pinhead from Hellraiser, but his whole deal is that he's skinless and red. So, just for fun, I made a companion character based off of Butterball. Both being hellish entities summoned by a puzzle sphere. But then I started messing around in the tailor, and created a few looks inspired by Leatherface. Of course this would change his backstory completely. So it's now he's two characters in one. For Dawnmination (The super powered wrestling league, done as a comedic radio play, for Dawn Radio), he's the red Cenobite inspired Butcher, that works with my friend's character Threnodist, cutting people up with his giant Hacker Sword. However, outside of that, he's a deformed psycho killer, stalking the streets and carving people up with his Butcher's Cleaver.

These are the costumes I use for him outside Dawnmination. Still not sure which like the best.
    20221015143642-1.jpg
    20221015143702-1.jpg
    20221015143731-1.jpg
  • Options
    Another deformed, and deranged, serial killer type character is Carl the Creeper!

20220923201108-1.jpg

Bio:
    "No one knows exactly what Carl is, or where he came from. What is known is, he's got a fondness for rusty knives, and even rustier chains. He's also very bitey, and loves the taste of fresh meat, no matter the source. Don't let the smile fool you, it's best to keep your distance, unless you want to be his next victim."
  • Options
    The living Scarecrow, The Reaver!

20221017201519-1.jpg

Bio:
    "A practitioner of the dark art sought to cheat death. Theorizing that by creating the physical embodiment of death, and enslaving it, he would have complete control of death, thus ensuring he had eternal life.

Death, however, is not one single entity. Rather, it is a collection of entities, each playing a specific role in the process of death. The dark magician managed to capture the harvester of souls in his makeshift humanoid shell. The harvester was not pleased. Too weak from being forced into the corporeal realm, he was barely able to escape from the dark magician.

Slowly regaining strength, he morphed his physical shell into something more appropriate, a scarecrow. He now punishes the wicked on Earth as the dark hero, The Reaver, until he finds away to escape this world and return to Death's realm."
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    And here is is. The main man, the creepy clown with the cadaverous face. My number one character.. DJ Jester!

20221017175153-1.jpg

This character was made based off a doll I made in school many years ago.
    d5vmxqc-f4f6f3ef-4be4-453e-9cf4-28d840c3b25d.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzMThmMzQ0LTU2ZTctNGJjMi1hZWVhLWNmYzg0MmQ1Zjk3NVwvZDV2bXhxYy1mNGY2ZjNlZi00YmU0LTQ1M2UtOWNmNC0yOGQ4NDBjM2IyNWQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.EpXte8au643pyJXbp8QdHt3xfTPRndGciSp8aJlyqFk
    He was the first villain character I made in CoV, and was recreated in both DCUO and CO. He became DJ Jester when I first started DJing for Dimensional Radio, back when CO was still young and CoX was still being run by NCSoft. That radio station no longer exists, and I now DJ for Dawn Radio. I've made Jester in several games, and his madness comes from the fact he is one consciousness split between ever version that exists. Causing him to see, hear, and experience all of his existences throughout all the multiple universes all at once. He's completely deranged and will cause chaos just for the fun of it. He doesn't consider himself a hero or a villain, just the physical manifestation of chaos, working both side to disrupt any kind of order, and because he thinks its fun. He doesn't adhere to any of the natural laws, shifting his form, or breaking the laws of physics, but usually only when its funny to him, and not so much on command.

I waited so long to post this one because he's not only my main character, but my costume mule. Most of the craziest characters I have started as a costume I made on Jester, and turned into a full character. He has hundreds of costumes saved, and I regular switch between then when the mood suits me. I have stacks of Costume tokens, so it's always free for me to switch out a costume for a saved one. The ones I'm gonna post here are only a fraction of the list I have.

Since I've been posting a lot of Halloween themed characters, I'll start with some of his Halloween costumes.
    First my favorite Halloween look. The Ghost Bride.
    20201006214909-1.jpg

Zombie Jester
    20221017183003-1.jpg

Ghostbuster Jester
    20221017185029-1.jpg

Satan Jester
    20221017185317-1.jpg
    20221017185301-1.jpg

Grim Reaper
    20221017185703-1.jpg

Ash Williams Jester (Evil Dead)
    20221017185752-1.jpg
    20221017185817-1.jpg

The Giant Eye
    20221017185902-1.jpg

The Mind Flayer
    20221017185943-1.jpg

The Ghastly Head
    20221017190123-1.jpg
    This is also the head costume I used with Pandora, to create our giant monster creature for a Dev CC
    20211029174522-1.jpg
    20211029174412-1.jpg

The Death Bird
    20221017190217-1.jpg

Slenderman
    20221017190303-1.jpg

Creepypasta Shrek
    20200120212746-1.jpg

And Medusa
    20221017190713-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    That post was getting pretty long as is, so I'm putting the other Jester costumes in this post.

Since Bobb and I are friends, and I'm the voice of Bobb for all ads and radio skits done on Dawn Radio, I had to have a Jesterized Bobb costume.
    20221017175517-1.jpg
    If you're curious to what Bobb sounds like, check out some of his Dawnmination matches Here

After the Jazzercise dance was added, two costumes came to mind. The Cheerleader
    20221017175624-1.jpg

And the 80's Jazzercise outfit
    20221017175712-2.jpg

Buff Jester
    20221017175819-1.jpg

Deep Sea Jester
    20221017175935-1.jpg

Disco Jester
    20221017180028-1.jpg

Pimp Jester
    20221017180049-1.jpg

Gimp Jester
    20221017180148-1.jpg

Steampunk Doctor Jester
    20221017180210-1.jpg

Bronze Statue
    20221017180433-1.jpg

Stone Statue
    20221017180534-1.jpg

Asylum Jester
    20221017180706-1.jpg

Rubber Chicken Jester
    20221017180942-1.jpg

Burgerbot 5000
    20221017181213-1.jpg
    And Extra Large Burgerbot
    20221017181224-1.jpg

Jester Bot
    20221017181437-1.jpg

Floating Boombox
    20221017181553-1.jpg

Bobble Head Jester
    20221017182334-1.jpg

Boxing Robot Jester
    20221017182537-1.jpg

Baby Jester
    20221017181955-1.jpg

And Super Sentai Jester
    20221017182445-1.jpg
  • Options
    And one final post for some of Jester's Cosplay costumes. First up SuperJester
    20221017180121-1.jpg

Robocop Jester
    20221017180244-1.jpg

DoomSlayer Jester
    20221017180606-1.jpg

The Incredible Hulkamania
    20221017180754-1.jpg

Juggernaut Jester
    20221017180812-1.jpg

The Assembled Avenger
    20221017180839-1.jpg

Duke Nukem Jester
    20221017180923-1.jpg

Dr. Frankenfurter Jester (Rocky Horror Picture Show)
    20221017181017-1.jpg

Sapphire Jester
    20221017181048-1.jpg

Cloud Jester
    20221017181132-1.jpg

Ash Ketchum Jester
    20221017181315-1.jpg

Kamina Jester (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
    20221017181406-1.jpg
    20221017181411-1.jpg

The Night Hawk Who Laughs
    20221017181643-1.jpg

Bloodborn Jester
    20221017181742-1.jpg

Michael Jackson Jester
    20221017181855-1.jpg

MegaMan Jester
    20221017181920-1.jpg

And Super Saiyan Blue Jester
    20221017182246-1.jpg
  • Options
    Here's Jersey Devil!

20221018191833-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Contrary to it's name, Jersey Devil is not actually a devil or even a demon. Nor does it originate from Hell. Jersey Devil is actually trickster sprite from the chaos realm, able to take on many shapes, and with a pension for fire.

It got it's name when it first entered the Earth realm, in the Pine Barrens of Southern New Jersey. At the time, it's shape was something many humans considered demonic in appearance. Thus the name Jersey Devil was born.

It has no real goals, and is neither good, nor evil. It just likes to have fun, and burning things. It has learned that burning bad people is seemingly more acceptable by the denizens of this realm, so it has taken up burning bad people for fun.

It has developed quite a fondness for these "Jack-O-Lanterns" people light up for the holiday known as "Halloween", and regularly manipulates it's fire magic to resemble the flaming pumpkins.

Currently, his favorite form is based off a Pumpkin throwing character from an arachnid-based comic book he found. He wanted to blend in better with the "Superheroes" and thought this character was one."

Here's a couple of his Demonic Imp looks.
    20221018191958-1.jpg
    20221018192118-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    This is The Ice Cream Man!

screenshot-2019-12-08-16-10-16.jpg

Bio:
    "Hello boys and girls. Your friendly neighborhood Ice Cream Man is here to fill your tummy with yummy frozen treats! You can trust the Ice Cream Man. He is your friend. He's here to help you smile. He's here with all sorts of frozen goodies, beyond your wildest imagination!

Do not run from him. Do not try to hide. The Ice Cream Man is always watching. The Ice Cream Man is always waiting. The Ice Cream Man is always smiling.

When your tummy is rumbling. When your fear is rising. When your soul is filled with guilt and sorrow. When a chill runs through your body, like the icy finger of death sliding down your spine. The Ice Cream Man is there."

The Ice Cream Man was made for Dawmination, as a reoccurring villain in Season 2, and the final boss of Season 3. He's a lesser Ice Demon, accidently summoned by some wannabe Satanists who wanted to summon a demon they could turn into their slave. He quickly killed the punks, and wears their skin like a poorly made Human disguise. He travels around as an Ice Cream Man, in his demonic Ice Cream Van. He consumes the souls of the wicked, and uses his ice powers to turn their corpses into his ice cream ingredients.

When he became the final boss of Dawnmination Season 3, he had obtained a magical stone that gave him ultimate power. This was his "Ice God" look when he was powered up.
    20221018191409-1.jpg

*Currently "Deceased"*
  • Options
    My Lovecraftian elder god, Shub Nagoth!

20221022095005-1.jpg

Bio:
    "An elder god who came to Earth from the very edge of the universe. He nearly destroyed the planet, until a group of powerful wizards used all their magic to defeat the great old one.

Weakened, and near death, the ancient being used what little power it had left to flee. Embedding his essence in the soul of a young boy, he hid for years, feeding on the boy's innocent soul for strength. Eventually becoming strong enough to alter his form, he hid among humanity as a child during the day, but feeding on the fear and life essence of sleeping victims at night.

After centuries of feeding on humans, the rise of super heroes and villains changed things. He discovered feeding on the corrupt, and evil, souls of super powered villains granted him enormous power. He now feeds on villains of the world in order to regain his full power, dominate the Earth, and enact his revenge on the humans that nearly killed him."

Here is his true form.
    20221022095111-1.jpg

And here is an old Cthulhu costume made for him.
    20221022095254-1.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the Plant Zombie, Deadwood!

20221024220403-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Former law man, killed by an angry mob for defending a tribe of innocent native Americans. The tribe honored his sacrifice by burying him in their sacred burial grounds. Two hundred years later, a group of Wiccans attempted a nature ritual in the now forgotten Indian Burial Grounds. The dead law man's corpse rose from the ground, taken over by the plants and insects. Cleaning off, and repairing, his old six-shooters, the living plant/corpse hybrid now returns to his job of keeping the peace as Deadwood."
  • Options
    My other corrupted, rotting plant monster is Grimrot!

20221025190110-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Once a peaceful being, this Treant remained dormant for thousands of years. Now the excessive pollutants of modern life, combined with the unchecked use of dark magic in the world, has altered this mystical being into a rotting shell of it's former self. No longer able to give life, it now uses the twisted energy flowing in it's body to destroy corruption, where ever it finds some."
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    One of my "Humans possessed by demonic powers" characters is, Hell Blade!

20221026181035-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Jackie Valentine was orphaned at a young age, his parents killed by Frank Zarretti. This lead him to becoming a "troubled youth". In and out of various foster homes, due to his short temper and violent tendencies, he eventually ran away, living on the streets. Forced to steal to survive, he developed impressive thieving skills. This caught the attention of the Cobra Lords. They offered him a chance to join them, if he could pass a "simple" initiation test. Seeing this as his way to get close to Zarretti, and finally get his revenge, he agreed.

The test, they said, would be a piece of cake for someone of his skills. Break into some rich schmuck's house, steal an incredibly valuable ruby, and bring it back. Of course, Zarretti had no intentions of letting Jackie join the Cobra Lords. He knew who Jackie was. This was his chance to not only get that million dollar ruby, but deal with a loose end as well. Jackie brings the ruby back, Zarretti ensures Jackie takes the fall for the crime, his Cobra Lords in the pen take care of Jackie. However, that "rich schmuck" was no ordinary guy, and that ruby was not a ruby at all.

The house actually belonged to a high ranking member of the DEMON cult, and the ruby was, in fact, a Hell Stone, said to give it's wielder incredible power at a terrible price. When Jackie grabbed it, it immediately burned a hole in his hand, liquefying the flesh and bone, and reshaping it all into the Hell Blade. The blade punishes the wielder with a searing hot pain, as it slowly burns away the wielder's soul. The only way to stop this is to use the blade to punish the wicked. Now Jackie is forced into the life of a vigilante, known as Hell Blade, hoping to one day find a way to remove the stone and be at piece. The worst part of it all, he couldn't even get his revenge on Zarretti, as that was stolen from him when Hi Pan's Death Dragon killed Frank."
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    My other "Demon possessed" character is my Ghost Rider parody character, Hell Toupee!

20221026184349-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Jerry Finesworth is a shrewd, ruthless business man. Amassing his wealth from the less fortunate in the world. Things changed the day he was sold a "Rare Toupee" for his balding head.

Being told the Toupee was made from the furs of a now extinct animal, Jerry was quick to buy it for his collection. He was not aware this was a ruse. The toupee was, in fact, cursed with a spirit from hell, that hungered for vengeance. Trying it on, the toupee latched itself to Jerry's scalp, binding his soul with the spirit inside.

Now, unable to remove it, Jerry is trapped between two worlds. That of his life and business, and that of a vigilante seeking vengeance on the wicked. When evil is about, the toupee takes control, and Jerry's body is turned into the physical embodiment of the vengeful demon trapped inside. You do not want to be the one he's after, for when he turns, there will be Hell To Pay!"
  • Options
    How about some scary bugs? Here's The Swarm!

20221027191033-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Once it was a man. It was called Dr. Thadious Varn. Dr. Varn was working on cross-species genetics, attempting to combine the DNA of multiple insects in order to create a "Super Bug".

His theory was, if he could successfully combine the DNA of multiple insects, with immunities no Human could gain naturally, he could then combine that "Super Bug" DNA with human DNA. This would not only cure humans of virtually all diseases, but make them immune to radioactive fallout as well.

So sure his work would be successful, he injected himself with the "Super Bug" DNA. This resulted in a break down of his entire genetic structure, turning what was once a man into a swarm of super insects with a hive mind."

I made this character based solely around the ability to fight while the "Scarab Flight" TP is active, so you look like a swarm of insects attacking the target. Here's the regular look I gave him.
    20221027191225-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    My other insect is Buzz Kill!

20221102192748-1.jpg

Bio:
    "The multibillion dollar conglomerate, GenTech, wanted to push out a new product, advertised as safe and effective pesticide that doubled as a plant fertilizer. Telling the world it was the best, and safest, product to use on crops, to have a healthy, bug free harvest. And, for the most part, they were right. However, one wasp didn't die, but instead mutated into a super intelligent wasp, who could manipulate the sonic vibrations of it's wings, turning them into powerful, and sometimes deadly, sonic blasts. Earning the name "Buzz Kill", it fights criminals, and tries to expose the corruption within the GenTech Corporation."

Here's the original look i made for him.
    20221027194715-1.jpg

Here's an edited version of the original look, before I got all the Moth pieces.
    20221027194734-1.jpg
  • Options
    The final Halloween themed toon is The Raggedy Man!

20221030160647-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Andy Patchford was an unassuming man. He lived a boring life, with a boring job. Working as a Property Appraiser for Bank owned properties in Vibora Bay. He was sent to check out what he was told was an abandoned house. In reality, the house was owned by an elderly woman, and Andy's boss wanted her out, so the bank could seize the land for resale. Entering the home, Andy saw incredible, and horrifying, things. Most notable were a collection of eerie, patchwork dolls, and a book on Voodoo Magic. The old woman who owned the house was actually part of the Sovereign Sons.

She attempted to steal Andy's soul, wanting to trap it in a doll to add to her collection. Andy, attempting to counter her attack, read from the book. An explosion of energy burst forth, and Andy found his body had been changed into a giant, living, patchwork doll, teeming with dark magic. He has since been labeled "The Raggedy Man", as he is forced into the life of a hero, until he finds away to undo the spell and return to normal."
  • Options
    Well, since the Halloween event is still going, and I'm waiting for it to end to get some better shots for future character uploads, here's a bonus Halloween themed costume. Originally made on Jester, thought about making it it's own character, but decided to just give it to Reaver.

20221107185129-1.jpg
  • Options
    One more, for fun!

20221107204529-1.jpg
  • Options
    Not that we're in November, and Blood Moon is officially over, it's time to get into the Thanksgiving mood. So here are some of my bird themed heroes. First up is Jet Falcon!

20221109191647-1.jpg

Bio:
    "Avon Falco, Code Named Jet Falcon, is a member of an intergalactic police force. Hailing from Animus, a planet of anthropomorphic animal species, he came to Earth hunting the dangerous fugitive, Crimson Tiger, that wiped out his entire squad. He will not rest until he has found Crimson Tiger and brought him to justice. He works with Earth's heroes and law enforcement to hunt other criminals, in his search for clues."