Options

Release Notes 4/6/2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    avianos said:

guyhumual wrote: »

Okay, this is a new one to me, my internet connection died in the middle of the cybermind fight, and when I logged back in I was in the start/end zone with no way to get back into the fight.

Edit: I still managed to get credit though!

Due to the limited spawn points in the alert's map, this is bound to happen

If you get disconected you will be locked in Dr.Silverback's room

its bad alert design​​

Cybermind in general is a poorly designed alert. There is a reason before the Vigilance mission was introduced few ran it.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Really glad the auras are bind on equip + character bound. Hooray for having something to get and then be able to sell if I don't need it myself. More to obtain for more of my characters, woot!
    Post edited by kamokami on
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Really disappointing that auras are bind on Pick-up and to character from event stores. Means I'm less motivated to do the events. Oh well, more time for non CO stuff I suppose.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I am disappointed also.
    Of the 'Cartoon hands' costume piece from the event vendor.
    It's just Dino Suit Hands....
    What i was kind of expecting them to be:

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,041 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    BUG: Cartoon Fenny AF is tagged as "NEW POWER" in the AF list and not with his proper name
    OFyp7BO.png

flyingfinn wrote: »
    I am disappointed also.
    Of the 'Cartoon hands' costume piece from the event vendor.
    It's just Dino Suit Hands....
    I know right? what a sell off, its just a reskin, and a really boring reskin
    Really disappointing that auras are bind on Pick-up and to character from event stores. Means I'm less motivated to do the events. Oh well, more time for non CO stuff I suppose.

To be honest, none of those 2 Auras worth it beyond silly jokes and novelty gags
    You get a huge head and huge YAOI hands auras, not many uses out of them if you want to keep a serious profile for your characters and not a TROLL Costume like some people exploit those auras for...
    kamokami wrote: »
    Really glad the auras are bind on equip + character bound. Hooray for having something to get and then be able to sell if I don't need it myself. More to obtain for more of my characters, woot!
    But again, you play the game for the power and endgame mechanic than costumes, I can see where your opinion comes from, despite being a little too selfish​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    @avianos Cause. Business.
    @gradii Yeah, not sure if it's sarcastic remark or not.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Well, it's Wednesday. FoxbatCon will be ending soon, didn't go crazy with it but I did buy some things from it. Maybe I'll buy more before it's over. Here's hoping tomorrow's update doesn't utterly ruin something else about the game.

*fingers crossed*
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

To be honest, none of those 2 Auras worth it beyond silly jokes and novelty gags.
    You get a huge head and huge hands auras, not many uses out of them if you want to keep a serious profile for your characters and not a TROLL Costume like some people ​​

Actually there are uses for these auras beyond the reasons you stated. It's entirely possible to use them in many ways other than the "silly jokes", "novelty gags" (not that there's anything wrong with using them for that) and "troll costumes". Just takes some creativity and tailor work.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Actually there are uses for these auras beyond the reasons you stated. It's entirely possible to use them in many ways other than the "silly jokes", "novelty gags" (not that there's anything wrong with using them for that) and "troll costumes". Just takes some creativity and tailor work.
    True, i have seen rare occasions where the auras enchantthe costume and the theme

most noticeable was a Robot fella last year who had been using Variable Robot costume parts (most noticeable the head) with a short character. The Huge head aura made it look like it was a natural design. I really liked it, I dont know If I have any pictures saved to share

but most of the time it's just being used for "LOL SO RANDOM" case, so Im not really inspired to take any usage of them

The hand auras have potential with Mechassassin or Warlord gun gloves, I wish there were Left and Right versions so we can archieve asymmetrical hands, which would provide creative usages of gloves, bracers e.t.c

BTW i still hand the head aura from 2 Years ago in my Hideout, it's still bound on account​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

BTW i still hand the head aura from 2 Years ago in my Hideout, it's still bound on account​​

Nice!

I wasn't able to get it then due to moving house and lack of internet :(

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    gradii said:

That's selfish and disgusting. "I don't care how crappy the design is as long as I can profit from it"

It's no more selfish than wanting to have the auras unlock for every single toon you own. What's disgusting is the level of vehemence your replies take on to anyone that disagrees with you.
    gradii said:

Guess what not many people are going to even spend globals on auras they cant swap from character to character, you're better off selling things which are DESIREABLE such as account unlocks.​​

The auras are selling quite well.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

But again, you play the game for the power and endgame mechanic than costumes, I can see where your opinion comes from, despite being a little too selfish​​

I can also see where those who want all auras to be account-wide unlocks are coming from, despite that being a little too selfish.
  • Options
    NO, YOU ARE!

(Is that what we're doing now?)
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options

NO, YOU ARE!

(Is that what we're doing now?)

Not sure what you're trying to do
  • Options
    kamokami wrote: »
    I can also see where those who want all auras to be account-wide unlocks are coming from, despite that being a little too selfish.
    If I being selfish for wanting back the Account Wide FEATURE for auras which was working fine and allowed us to experiment with auras on different characters in order to see what combos we can archieve

Then yes, for the sake of flexibility and creativity, I'm the most Selfish man​​
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Well-meaning people may disagree, and still be well-meaning.

For some folks, account-bound is great (swap auras around, don't need to buy a few on the AH, don't need to farm/grind so much), and character-bound isn't.

For some folks, character-bound is great (selling drops for Gs, prices remain high, worth farming), and account-bound isn't.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    kamokami said:

Not sure what you're trying to do

It was a simple comment about "You are!/No, You are!" arguments in a thread that tar whole portions of the player-base with the same brush.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,456 Arc User
    Eh, I've mostly given up on the bind to character aspects of the game. If I happen to already have a character who could use really one of those emotes or auras I may go for it, otherwise I skip the event. E.g. didn't do either Nighthawk or Foxbat because there was nothing compelling in their stores.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

Eh, I've mostly given up on the bind to character aspects of the game. If I happen to already have a character who could use really one of those emotes or auras I may go for it, otherwise I skip the event. E.g. didn't do either Nighthawk or Foxbat because there was nothing compelling in their stores.

My new characters didn't have Foxbat bags. Also, the Practical Joke defense mod looked useful.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,395 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I see no value in auras that change a characters appearance that are also bind on pick up. It's a pointless addition to the store as far as I'm concerned. If I want a character with a big head, or now big hands, I want those auras when I build my character, not some 4 levels later. If I have no way of getting an aura to build a new toon with, if not the event store, or even through the zen or Q store, then these items might as well not exist.
  • Options
    We were discussing, I think, the new Bind on Equip auras. They are character-bound, but can be sold/traded/stored.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,395 Arc User

We were discussing, I think, the new Bind on Equip auras. They are character-bound, but can be sold/traded/stored.

The auras sold by the vendor are bind on pick up. They were not bind to account like previous years. That means if you wanted a toon with a big head you needed to make him with an average sized noggin, get to level 10 so you can do the foxbat Con dailies (as there's no way you can grind 150 on swag bags) and then once you can afford that get your aura. Previous years you could get the aura with another toon and put it in your hide out vault and then get that for your new toon.

Same amount of grinding but without the end convince. I guess they don't want people to have nice things for costume contests and the like.
  • Options
    Oh, I see what you are talking about.

We were discussing the new auras dropped from Cybermind.

• Options

We were discussing the new auras dropped from Cybermind.

We also were discussing the event auras that @guyhumual is talking about too.
    zrdRBy8.png