test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to make Howl useful?

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
I really want to use this power, but it is just not good enough. The cooldown is too long to even refresh/stack Furious.

So, what if we make Howl something like Thunderclap? 5 sec cd and applies Furious. The Knock Down adv applies/refreshes enrage if you knock 3 targets.

Maybe even put a Restoration adv?
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The only reason I don't put howl on builds is the cooldown. Being able to stack furious isn't needed, just being able to apply furious to all your teammates is a significant buff (less for the 1% crit rate than for the healing).
  • Options
    gradii said:

Howl is nice for tanking adds without doing any damage to them since it carries challenge.

I was also thinking that maybe Howl could stun so it can be cced a bit. Could be good for sentinel mastery users.

The only reason I don't put howl on builds is the cooldown. Being able to stack furious isn't needed, just being able to apply furious to all your teammates is a significant buff (less for the 1% crit rate than for the healing).

I don't get why it still has 25sec cd even though the enrage refresh has been removed. Furious buff doesn't seem to be that op too.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Wait--Howl is a zero damage power that can apply Challenge!?

That is pretty cool, and useful for controllers. *wheels turn*

A self-heal like restoration would be great.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User

Bestial needs more improvements

• Options

Bestial needs more improvements

It's just one power suggestion, not the whole powerset mind you. Other powersets gonna have revamps anyway.

Just have to be patient.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I don't get why it still has 25sec cd even though the enrage refresh has been removed. Furious buff doesn't seem to be that op too.

Especially since it's CD was only ever increased to 25sec because of the enrage stacking mechanic it had was being abused to full stack & maintain enraged out of combat... and was set that high due to the old enraged duration... it should have been reduced when enraged was reduced to a shorter static duration and reduced further when it was swapped to Furious.​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    If it had a shorter cooldown, it'd probably be more worthwhile again.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    kallethen said:

Rank it up.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    rtma said:

kallethen said:

Rank it up.
    Cd is still too long. Plus, ranking Howl doesn't seem ideal.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2017

rtma said:

kallethen said:

Rank it up.
    Cd is still too long. Plus, ranking Howl doesn't seem ideal.
    Maybe they can give it the New Telepathy treatment by removing Ranks cool-down and increase it's potency, maybe more buffs/Debuffs? like Fear/Disorient/Stagger/Paralyze.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    > @chaosdrgnz43 said:
    > Bestial needs more improvements
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's just one power suggestion, not the whole powerset mind you. Other powersets gonna have revamps anyway.
    >
    > Just have to be patient.

I've been waiting for a PFF revamp for literal years.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    We can all agree than Bestial got too much attention, but again some more new powers won't hurt anyone as well as a Bestial Ultimate (waiting for that Tail Slap move to become available)

Honestly Howl could use some adjustment, i feel 4 points just for the reduced CD (and the nice visuals) are a waste

I actually use it on my Manticore character (Defiant-Single Blade Tank) just for... theme, rank 3 theme
    cyrone wrote: »
    I've been waiting for a PFF revamp for literal years.

My Force DPS has been waiting for a Force Revamp 2 years now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!