test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for CC build advice

roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
I am trying to make a new CC build work. My previous CCer, Sleight of Mind, works great, and is a CC tank.

I would like my new character to stay with Int primary, and not use Ego Sprites.

Requirements:
* AoAC passive
* Manipulator form
* Team rez and self-rez
* Have some interesting powers/utility buff or debuff
* Magic theme would be best

Current issues:
* too squishy (though I have around 10K health)
* hard time surviving third bar at Kiga from storms and unblockable DoT
* cannot always maintain dog aggro at Kiga

The current build works great with Ape and Eido, just can't make Kiga work very well.

thanks for advice

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    I take it you tried some of the other builds in this thread, since you replied there, but there was some advice w/ regards to AoAC:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/comment/12768163
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Two reasonably plausible alternate candidates for healing and threat, that don't break Sleep, are Mental Leech (may seem unduly similar to Ego Sprites) and Life Essence (single target threat only).
  • Options

Two reasonably plausible alternate candidates for healing and threat, that don't break Sleep, are Mental Leech (may seem unduly similar to Ego Sprites) and Life Essence (single target threat only).

I forgot about Mental Leech--might be okay, but I don't care for mentalist/head animations. I will give it a try.

I was using Life Essence with Challenge!, but without damage, it seems to add very little threat (if any).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I was using Life Essence with Challenge!, but without damage, it seems to add very little threat (if any).

Does it apply the challenge debuff to the target? It might be bugged.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

I am trying to make a new CC build work. My previous CCer, Sleight of Mind, works great, and is a CC tank.

I would like my new character to stay with Int primary, and not use Ego Sprites.

Requirements:
    * AoAC passive
    * Manipulator form
    * Team rez and self-rez
    * Have some interesting powers/utility buff or debuff
    * Magic theme would be best

Current issues:
    * too squishy (though I have around 10K health)
    * hard time surviving third bar at Kiga from storms and unblockable DoT
    * cannot always maintain dog aggro at Kiga

The current build works great with Ape and Eido, just can't make Kiga work very well.

thanks for advice

I run a dual passive setup with AoAC and Invuln. That's the easy way out. Build threat with Invuln / Tank Role, then swap to AoAC. Swap back to Invuln when your survival is threatened. The build is in the Control Tanks thread flow linked before. You can definitely run it with INT primary instead of PRE.

Options for building threat without sprites also include:
    - Mental Leech
    - Shadow of Doubt....check this one out it has a great debuff that's useful in settings outside of dog CC.
    - Mental Storm

If you don't want to go the dual passive route, another way to survive the 3rd bar on Kiga is to have some kind of DoT healing you while you use a rank 3 block in between the times you need to refresh manipulator.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for additional advice.

I also have to admit that I need practice with the Stun/Sleep strategy, which I can build for. I'm just so used to the all-Sleep strategy.

EDIT: Mahoff gave me one more power suggestion: Ego Storm. You step away from dogs and use this power, and gain two stacks of Manip, even if it doesnt hit anything.

Post edited by roughbearmattach on