test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove self-root of Annihilate/Skewer

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
Not sure, if I mentioned this before, but can annihilate/skewer have their self-root removed? It's a death sentence during Eido's geyser phase.

If not, well, please make a new HW single target power that performs like a slash/hack that doesn't self-root.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Having run Eidolon with a HW character: it's not a 100% death sentence, but you do have to be -very- careful with positioning and react -much- faster than most other characters need to. The key is making sure you're on the outer edge of the group; if there's anyone farther out, then by the time you can move again after letting up on an annihilate charge, you'll be dead. But if it's just your own pillar of doom, you (just barely) have enough time to run. (Assuming you've got at least athletics r2 or superspeed; if your travel powers are some mix of flight/teleport/tunneling/swinging then you're probably just doomed.)

If you're really having trouble, macro up a cancel-action button for yourself, so you can abort the attack entirely rather than having to wait through its activation time once you stop charging it.

That all said? Would 100% support this suggestion; the above is meant as stopgap measures to allow survival until things get fixed, not a claim that it's not a problem. My HW character usually dies to geysers at least once every three fights; my munitions character basically never has to even worry about them.