What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20170112.0058d.34 - Misc Changes

2»

Comments

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Nerfing the Unity rewards while increasing the cost of recog prices didn't help, at least my, desire to do the Unity missions.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    draogn said:

Nerfing the Unity rewards while increasing the cost of recog prices didn't help, at least my, desire to do the Unity missions.

To be fair, the 'regular' unity missions are trash, mostly notable for 'hunt through the reefs in Lemuria for which cave entrance corresponds to the quest indicator'.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    To be fair, the 'regular' unity missions are trash, mostly notable for 'hunt through the reefs in Lemuria for which cave entrance corresponds to the quest indicator'.
    It's true, they are not worth the trouble anymore except for completition sake
    They are a waste of time for the rewards they give​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUG:The four part daily cosmic mission still keeps handing back.
    maybe change the name on the other, so it wipes instead or let us hand it in.
    still%20there_zpskf4vyiv8.png​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    12770142" wrote:

- Lezard -Easy. Leave Nemcon as is. Create Epic Nemcon with Epic rewards for the cool kids to farm and get rich \o/

"gradii;Even easier DONT create an epic nemcon with epic rewards just for the so called "Cool Kids".

from the person who suggested level 40 crafting with the best items in Elite difficulty.​​

• Options
    edited March 2017
    avianos said:

I wasn't talking about the rewards. The missions are just straight-up terrible 'go through a generic warehouse/cave complex and beat up X critters and/or interact with Y glowies', and of course the critters are utter trash mobs.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Nemesis Can Be Easily Knocked & Mez
    I'm not expecting this to be addressed anytime soon. However, Nemesis seem to be vulnerable to mezzes and knocks. I ran this with friends and it was kind of sad to watch. Nemi's should be immune to mez and knocks. Also, they may need some buffing up in terms of damage resistance. They died in seconds and didn't put up much of a fight. It would be nice to see them use the full range of their abilities during a battle.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

avianos said:

I wasn't talking about the rewards. The missions are just straight-up terrible 'go through a generic warehouse/cave complex and beat up X critters and/or interact with Y glowies', and of course the critters are utter trash mobs.
    Which is why nerfing the rewards was a mistake. They may have been boring, but the reward made doing them tolerable.
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    kyastral said:

n8mcd said:

kyastral said:

kaizerin said:

High Noon

• Added a handoff mission to Belle Steele that points you towards Toy Master.

Queues
    • Added Nemesis Confrontation to the queue window.
    • Nemesis now drop a Nemesis box. This box auto opens upon picking up and drops the following items: Star Refill, Nemesis Tokens, UNTIL Tokens.
    • Has a chance to drop these items: Nemesis Action Figures, 5 or 7% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, Healing Item, R3 or R4 mods.
    • Shadow Destroyer now drops his own rewardbox which drops the following items: Star Refill, Healing Device, Nemesis Tokens, SCR Tokens.
    • Has a chance to drop the following items: (Mythic Rare) Armor Gladiator 2 Bracers, (Mythic Rare) Armor Spiked 2 shoulders, (Mythic Rare) Gladiator belt, Nemesis Gear (similar to Bronze King gear), 7 or 10% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, R4 Mods.
    • Added daily Nemcon mission for Nemcon to Lt. Patil. Removed from Mentiac*.
    • There will be no further revisions made to nemcon this patch cycle.
    • Removed mission requirement for Lem/Mon Crisis daily missions.

Powers
    • Fixed a bug where Svengalis Guile didn't refresh its stated effects.
    • Fixed a bug where Smoke Grenade wasn't wiping threat at range.

Vendors
    • Added a exchange vendor in the recognition area that will take various items in exchange for titles. Currently it features lockbox items, but it will branch out over time.
    • Added a exchange vendor to the lockbox vendor that will take current lockbox items in exchange for titles.

New titles:
    • Cybernetic Cowboy
    • Steam Engine
    • Analytical Engine
    • Showdown
    • Plague Doctor
    • By Hook or Crook
    • Magnetic
    • Short Circuit
    • Retro
    • Experienced
    • Crafty
    • Resourceful
    • Special Butterfly
    • Organized Chaos
    • Candelight
    • Mystic
    • Translucent
    • Geared Up
    • Steampunk
    • Steamed
    • Will-O'-The-Wisp
    • Amped
    • Battery
    ​​
    Wow... nice things to look foward to! The nemcom changes are nice ( I will run them more often now). I think we are quite overstuffed with Star Refill drops as a reward. Nemcom is not difficult to complete; there is little reason to have star refills to help your character.

Suggestion: Remove the Star Refill from the Nemesis Box and replace it with a Questionite Bag. You can remove the Questionite Bag from the RNG Nemesis drop. Remove the Star Refill from the Shadow Destroyer Box and replace it with a Questionite Bag.

The Lockbox Exchange Vendor is an interesting concept; turn in your unused lockbox items for a title. I guess this will help some players who have a lot of lockbox items to lighten up their storage space. It won't help me, though! :lol:
    A lot of people actually appreciate the star-refills as loot.

Not everybody is as cool as you.
    Who me? Cool? Naaah, not even in the slightest.
    From my observations, it seems that many players ask or are concerned about how to obtain more Questionite; I have never heard any player ask about farming for Star Refills. *shrugs*
    Hmm.. I guess that could be a question for another thread: "If you had a choice between Star Refills and Questionite as a loot drop, which would you choose?"
    I am down for more Q-drops, but I appreciate star-refills at Cosmics and other especially deathy events.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Guys please, don't quote the WHOLE posts which quote the WHOLE originals, it's flooding the screen
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    BUG : nemcon
    Queue

you can have someone go in , then get booted and another put in
    you can have 2 people put in the same cell and both booted​​

• Options
    theigmotheigmo Posts: 21 Arc User

I would hope they would do some reworking on UNITY at some point this year, as there's an opportunity to make it a good routine thing to do for Level 40 characters. Adding NemCon and MI/Lemuria to the queue is a good thing on the same theme, too... hope to see more of that sort of thing.

I feel like the UNITY missions could be made worthwhile by doing something simple like:

1. Add a weekly mission (Complete 7 Special Assignments [the final missions]) with a reward of a single cosmic key (or maybe a small GCR cache, instead -- heck, it could be a choice)
    2. Beef up the end bosses on the special assignment missions and give a mission completion reward that includes 1 - 3 GCR. That would give a way for people who can't reliably participate in Cosmics (or Telios Ascendant) to slowly gear up.
    3. For standard UNITY missions, rewarding some sort of reward box (akin to the new nemesis boxes from nemcon) would be a decent bonus, but long-term, it would be interesting to have some UNITY-themed core mods that could only be obtained by doing UNITY content.

For the UNITY mods I suggested, I feel like mods that alter powers or function as a passive-type effect would be kind of neat. Some ideas:

Offense:
    UNITY Burner Module - Your offensive abilities have a (rank dependent)% chance to apply Clinging Flames to your primary target (versions of this could be made for nearly any of the debuff/EU stuff).
    UNITY Reconstruction Matrix - Your healing abilities have a (rank dependent)% chance to heal 10% of that amount in a 10-ft sphere around your primary target.
    UNITY Nano Tether - Your offensive abilities have a (rank dependent)% to snare your primary target reducing movement by 10%. Can stack up to 3 times.

Defense:
    UNITY Adaptive Shield - Being struck increases your damage resistance to that type of damage (major group: energy, magic, physical) by (rank dependent - 2% to 10%). Stacks up to 3 times, being struck by another type of damage will remove all stacks of resistance that are not for that damage type (so if I had 3 stacks of Energy damage resistance, and go hit by Magic damage, I'd lose the energy resistance and gain one stack of Magic resistance)
    UNITY Bio-Energy Relay - Receiving healing while in combat restores (rank dependent)% of your power. 5 second internal cooldown.
    UNITY Kinetic Battery - Taking damage provides a buff that causes your next attack to deal (rank dependent)% additional damage. 3 second internal cooldown.

Utility:
    UNITY Targeting Laser - Attacking an enemy places a debuff on it that increases its chance to be critically hit by (rank dependent - 1% to 5%).
    UNITY Wireless Charger - When your energy raises above 50% in combat, restore (rank dependent)% energy to allies within 25 ft.
    UNITY Tactical Computer - When you critically hit, you gain a buff that reduces the energy cost of your next ability by (rank dependent)%

I may have gone a bit overboard with this suggestion in hind-sight.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    UNITY/Rampages giving GCR? Never gonna happen (unless they increase the difficulty to Qzone levels, which would be a mistake). SCR and Questionite are still there, still valid, and the rewards should be around those, plus the ability to get some UNITY-unique stuff (devices and mods, as you suggest.... those are SG perks). Use all the existing stuff to create a mid-end game and then keep adding Cosmics, etc to the top.

So: Yes to UNITY revamp, mission chains and Cosmics, no to more events (snooze) and twiddling around with power sets (unless you've got those water/maritime/plant/energy weapon sets we asked for in the pipeline). :)
  • Options
    theigmo said:

I would hope they would do some reworking on UNITY at some point this year, as there's an opportunity to make it a good routine thing to do for Level 40 characters. Adding NemCon and MI/Lemuria to the queue is a good thing on the same theme, too... hope to see more of that sort of thing.

I feel like the UNITY missions could be made worthwhile by doing something simple like:
    This makes the assumption that they want UNITY missions to be worthwhile. The basic problem with UNITY missions is that the Hotspot missions are bad, so you don't particularly want people doing them anyway. The UNITY special assignments are not so bad, but they've fallen far behind the power level and my understanding is that the way lairs were coded at launch is a huge PITA to maintain.

Easiest fix for UNITY would be to make the Hotspot missions unnecessary (you can get the Special Assignment without doing any hotspots), and only work on the Special Assignments.
  • Options
    theigmotheigmo Posts: 21 Arc User

This makes the assumption that they want UNITY missions to be worthwhile. The basic problem with UNITY missions is that the Hotspot missions are bad, so you don't particularly want people doing them anyway. The UNITY special assignments are not so bad, but they've fallen far behind the power level and my understanding is that the way lairs were coded at launch is a huge PITA to maintain.

Easiest fix for UNITY would be to make the Hotspot missions unnecessary (you can get the Special Assignment without doing any hotspots), and only work on the Special Assignments.

I can certainly understand the sentiment, but I'd assume that ALL content is developed with the intention of being worthwhile, regardless of if it turns out to be worthwhile in the players' eyes.

I personally would rather keep the hotspot missions in the UNITY stuff, since I feel like there's continually fewer reasons for level 40's to visit areas outside of "queue" areas (alerts, rampages, etc.), which can make areas outside of RC seem pretty empty. Now, I definitely feel like hotspot missions would need to be reworked, since most of them are pretty dull, "kill X enemies, and activate Y objects," and that would require some real thought to figure out, but here's some basic changes that I feel could help overall:

1. All hotspot missions for a day would be in a single area, focusing on a single enemy group (ex. Monday's missions are all in Canada vs. Viper, Tuesday's missions are all on Monster Island vs. Elder Worms, etc.). This keeps players from having to globe-hop to complete the dailies, but still keeps them out in the field.
    2. At least one of those missions would be open world (perhaps even related to completing a specific open mission in the zone) -- the idea behind this is that it gives incentive for high-level players to go back and assist lower-level players with content.
    3. For instanced missions, have completing these grant a stacking (up to 5) buff at the end that lasts four hours and grants a 2% damage/resist buff (per stack -- up to 10%) vs. the enemy group from that daily. This rewards players for actually running through the missions, and also provides an easy way to offset ramping up the difficulty on the special assignment.

Ramping up the "special assignments" to be a tad more difficult (maybe scaling enemy groups to either be higher in level or larger in population) and throwing in a Supervillain (maybe even using in some of the minor iconic villains) at the end would make those feel more appropriate. I still feel like making the special assignments a slow way to earn GCRs would be appropriate, but I know that idea isn't very popular.
  • Options
    theigmo said:

I can certainly understand the sentiment, but I'd assume that ALL content is developed with the intention of being worthwhile, regardless of if it turns out to be worthwhile in the players' eyes.

UNITY hotspot missions are designed as filler template missions -- it's the same thing as is used for all the help a citizen missions.
    theigmo said:

Now, I definitely feel like hotspot missions would need to be reworked, since most of them are pretty dull, "kill X enemies, and activate Y objects," and that would require some real thought to figure out

There is no real reason to rework hotspot missions as opposed to just creating new missions.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    ... Then make them the level 40 equivalent of "Help A Citizen" missions. Add a few UNITY mission-specific one-shot devices and the ability to (slowly) accumulate currency towards permanent versions and there's a reason to play them.

Too often the designers of this game worry that if they give us lots of things to do, we won't do whatever it is they've just launched or the event du jour. I don't think it works that way. Personally I get bored waiting around ... stuff to do immediately is essential.
  • Options

... Then make them the level 40 equivalent of "Help A Citizen" missions.

That's... already the case? There is no reason to do "Help A Citizen" except for feeling like doing it, the rewards are unimpressive relative to the time required to do them and there's no interesting story. Unity Hotspots are exactly the same.
This discussion has been closed.