test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mind Control Power question

Does anyone know if the purchasable power: Mind Control can be affected or improved by any stats, powers or specializations? It looks like it's labelled as a curse, so may proc the Conjuring unlock. And it looks like it doesn't interact with Manipulator.

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    It is correctly labelled as a "CURSE". Take that how you will.

Mind Control (and in turn Corruption effects) cannot be improved, modified or anything else via any in game statistic or specialization.

During design this was pointed out but this was ignored, so it does not really serve any purpose.

It's also the only power (Telepathy Power I might add) in Champions Online which is locked behind a direct purchase in the Z Store.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 749 Arc User
    Somewhere I read the devs intended to make it compatible with Manipulator but this hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will.​​
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

Somewhere I read the devs intended to make it compatible with Manipulator but this hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will.​​

Would still be worthless. Manipulator is so easy to build, adding one long-CD power to the powers that do so would make no difference whatsoever.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I have a couple toons with Manipulator. If you have a stun power you rotate through a combat, Manipulator is easy to stack and maintain.

For both my manipulative toons, Psionic Accelerator is part of their attack power rotation, and it triggers Manipulator, too. That plus TK Maelstrom (which stuns even on tap) gets me to 8 stacks in a minute or so, and maintains 8 stacks. This toon can solo farm QWZ, using stuns, paralyzes, and sleeps.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    gradii said:

I have a couple toons with Manipulator. If you have a stun power you rotate through a combat, Manipulator is easy to stack and maintain.

For both my manipulative toons, Psionic Accelerator is part of their attack power rotation, and it triggers Manipulator, too. That plus TK Maelstrom (which stuns even on tap) gets me to 8 stacks in a minute or so, and maintains 8 stacks. This toon can solo farm QWZ, using stuns, paralyzes, and sleeps.

Unless they fixed it manipulator will only stack if the stun is actually applied. which means it wont stack at all if the target is immune.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I mean, I haven't really checked per se but I think I would've noticed if my energy gains suddenly tanked in boss fights.

The way that particular change to Manip was described in the patch notes made it sound like immunity would shut it down, but I'm pretty sure that it just means that powers with a chance to proc a control effect only trigger Manip when that proc happens (which is independent of immunity). Before, Manipulator only checked if a power was flagged as a crowd control power, not if a control effect was actually being used.

-Ogre
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Just tested with Eldritch Bolts energy builder w/adv. Stuns proc Manip, even on stun-immune bosses.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,749 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Yea, Manip stacks on successful CC attempt, and regardless of whether the CC effect can actually work on the target or not- so it can stack vs. bosses or CC immune targets just fine.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,749 Arc User
    *shrug* Seems to be working against CC immune targets for me.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Manipulator has always stacked against CC immune targets, I would hope not even now, Manipulator would be made totally useless (:wink:).

There is a noticeable delay in stacking at times due to the 4 second internal cooldown, so you have to carefully cycle your CC abilities if you aren't stunlocking etc.