test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there is a command to help deterine character's existance?

So i was doing some SG maintenance the other day, purging characters that had not logged in for months and months and months, to make room for new recruits and alts for current members. As i was doing this, a lot of the characters i was bumping showed no name on the system announcement. I am theorizing that these characters have probably been deleted from their player's account, but are still showing on the SG roster. It got me thinking/wondering if there is any command(s) or process(es) which will let me know if a character is still in existence or if it has been deleted. All it shows on the SG screen is name (and @handle), level, SG rank, the last time they logged in and that they are offline (unless of course, they are online, in which case, the character is obviously not deleted, no?).

If anyone has any knowledge of such things, either that is exists and how to do it, or that it does ~not~ exist, can y'all help me out and let me know? Also, if there isn't such a command/process, would such a thing be desirable/helpful/exploitable? Please lend me your knowledge and/or your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks!
@Nimashet

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    You could use Champedia. champedia.jpg

Oh wait, they deleted it....
    You could allways send mail asking the person. If not answered, delete.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I feel your pain Piff. Cleaning up the roster can be a pain in the butt. AFAIK there is no actual command for what you are asking.

However, your theory is correct. When no name comes up when kicking a toon from the roster that toon doesn't exist anymore.

It would be a nice QOL update for toons that don't exist anymore to not show up on a SG roster.

Now get back to your cleaning! *hands feather duster*
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses. Maybe i will post a suggestion for such a command. But until then ...

Piffle_Maid_Broom_001

back to the dusting.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    photo hgytf.jpg

=)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    thedeck#1833 thedeck Posts: 3 Arc User
    That looked cool
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Perhaps the /anon flag is set for those characters and preventing the boot announcement. I'm not sure if it works that way, but I do know that the flag can be used to not show up in the sg roster when online.