test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A very oddball hard-light build.

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
edited February 2017 in Builds and Roles
So, I've been playing around with a ranged build that runs Unstoppable with ranged knock powers. And, I've been liking it. Sure, you take a small damage hit, but the on-knock energy can be great if your rec is pretty high. Works nicely with high-cost, knockular powers like force cascade and chest beam.

Anyway... the energy you get from knocking with Unstoppable scales off of rec... and compassion can too. This seems like some decent synergy and works perfectly for a force-construct theme.

But, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to support builds... and this is starting to seem like a pseudo-support build. I'm a bit vague about compassion, and what powers can proc it. I know protection field gets a buff from compassion, but does bubbling someone give you a stack? What about redirected force?

So, yeah... the idea is a bit of a patchwork one at this point. I'm thinking ego primary, rec secondary... and then stacking up rec for Unstoppable's energy on knock, and to support Compassion. Spec-tree-wise, not sure If I should just go for guardicator, or if I should grab more support-based specs like "Honor". For powers, I want Force Cascade, Energy Wave, Protection field, and ofc Unstoppable.

I know, probably not the most effective build... but it fits the theme nicely, and kinda fits together in some strange sense.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    RF doesn't proc Compassion alone, since RF isn't a heal; same thing w/ bubbles like PF- though the latter do still scale w/ general healing bonuses (and the end-heal of MR can proc it potentially). You have to heal damage on urself or an ally for it to proc (something that's complete over-healing doesn't count), though Compassion also has an icd on procing.

Easiest way to work in Compassion is to just use Sentinel Aura to get it to proc passively in combat as you or allies take dmg. Here's an example of a build that could work around the concept you describe:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Cybernetic Warrior (Con: 10, End: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8)
    Level 6: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Force Bolts
    Level 1: Force Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 8: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Compassion
    Level 20: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Force Geyser (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Energy Wave (Reverse Polarity, Recharge)
    Level 32: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Uses Force Blast and Geyser to buildup energy (and as cheap filler), and Preemptive Strike can setup for Force Cascade at higher energy. Should prob gear well for all 3 SS's, since they all provide something good, and also some End on the side to boost max energy.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Flow, looks good. I like the sentinel aura solution, gives me one less thing to micro-manage. I still have the urge to single-stat stack rec to obscene levels tho XD
  • Options
    Some odd things I noticed while testing out this build (in the PH and some alerts).

1. My Compassion stacks sometimes fall off for no apparent reason. I have an injured team-mate, and they must be getting healing from sentinel aura... but I lose my stacks, and I don't know why.

2. Hybrid role does not boost Protection Field's shield strength. I get the same shield in DPS and Hybrid modes... at least while shielding a team-mate. Seems odd, assumed hybrid would boost shield strength. It does say it boosts healing.. so I guess shields don't count?

3. Being a dps/support is hard. I find myself constantly checking my team's healthibars like I would as a support. But, I'm simultaneously trying to maximize my dps. Probably what actual good supports do, but it was a bit much for my brain.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, I generally don't try to mix ally heals in w/ my dps builds just cause the split focus can be annoying at times, but perhaps its some player's cup of tea. If all else fails, you can be a dps that throws a shield on an ally if they are close to death, at least.

Compassion sometimes is spotty on refreshing stacks. Could be that other heals beat yours to the punch. Also, I'm not sure how its not working for you, but having for ex. ~21% bonus heal from SS's alone in Hybrid role is lost on PF when I switch away from that to a dps role (1024 -> 842) - and this is looking at the tooltip and seeing the values on me and on an ally before and after.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!