test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CCer and Team Rezzer

roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
edited February 2017 in Builds and Roles
This is my current CC build. The character can switch roles and passive to Invulnerability to be a reasonably good off-tank, and can function as an effective team rezzer, while providing minor AoE healing and AoPM.

This build has helped my CCer to contribute meaningfully vs. Teleiosaurus and Eidolon (when not CCing orbs).

You could swap out the confuse (Mind Lock) for an energy unlock like telepathic reverb. I like Mind Lock for building Manipulator stacks, and I don't have energy management issues, but that could vary with play style.

Also, it is important to note that my character uses Psionic Accelerator as an additional CC power. Really helps when CCing ape hearts or red orbs.

Link: http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=18&n=&d=1436DijYh7P7064G000G40LG703MB03FA07GA00GC00FM09EO009A03OQ00KB04ON04GH052Jtn0rWq2u3h

Name: Sleight of Mind
Archetype: Freeform

6 Intelligence (Primary)
10 Constitution (Secondary)
15 Presence (Secondary)

1 Inhuman (Con: 12, Rec: 12)
6 Field Ops Training (Con: 3, Int: 3, Ego: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
9 Jack of All Trades (All: 2)
12 Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
15 Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
18 Tireless (Rec: 8)
21 Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

6 Teleportation (advantages)
35 Athletics (Versatility)

1 Psi Lash (advantages)
1 Ego Sprites (Rank 2, Slave Mentality, Challenge!)
6 Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Rank 3)
8 Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
11 Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
14 Manipulator (advantages)
17 Mind Lock (advantages)
20 Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Inner Peace)
23 Masterful Dodge (advantages)
26 Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
29 Rebirth (advantages)
32 Redemption (Salvation)
35 Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
38 Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete)

Advantage points: 36 / 36

Intelligence Tree (10/10)
Enlightened (3/3)
Tactician (2/2)
Battle of Wits (3/3)
Expertise (2/2)

Protector Tree (10/10)
Fortified Gear (3/3)
Unrelenting (2/2)
Bulwark (2/2)
Defensive Expertise (3/3)

Sentinel Tree (10/10)
Torment (2/2)
Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Moment of Need (1/3)
Wither (2/2)
Genesis (2/2)

Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Well, ally resing isn't really any more than devoting one extra power slot to it, but it can be nice for non-tanks to help Support with. I am not sure why a r1 confuse was taken, and iirc Mind Drain's special adv only triggers w/ Mental Leech's debuff (dependency). The build is okay for filling various gaps, though I wouldn't want to use it much outside of CC.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    @roughbearmattach

Interesting. Though I had thought your build was PRE PSS.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I use Int PSS with the Int spec to get plenty good holds, Int mastery for overall survivability and energy management. The short CDs are nice, since I use Ego Sleep and Psionic Accelerator.
    flowcyto said:

Well, ally resing isn't really any more than devoting one extra power slot to it, but it can be nice for non-tanks to help Support with. I am not sure why a r1 confuse was taken, and iirc Mind Drain's special adv only triggers w/ Mental Leech's debuff (dependency). The build is okay for filling various gaps, though I wouldn't want to use it much outside of CC.

Ally rezzing does only require one power, plus 2 advantage points, though my AoE helps folks I've just rezzed.
    I took the the confuse because I like starting off with 8 stacks of Manipulator when CCing the dogs. It is also how I maintain Manipulator stacks while they are sleeping. Confuse doesn't trigger CC resist, nor does it aggro the dogs, and it has 100' range. Since I prefer sleep-only while controlling dogs, this works out great, since I only have to reapply sleep every 90 seconds or so.

Though this build isn't great outside of CC, it is also a capable off-tank. That being said, I want GCR, I want gear that requires perks, so I have to take this toon to all the various Cosmics. I made these changes to at least be useful.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    I took the the confuse because I like starting off with 8 stacks of Manipulator when CCing the dogs. It is also how I maintain Manipulator stacks while they are sleeping. Confuse doesn't trigger CC resist, nor does it aggro the dogs, and it has 100' range. Since I prefer sleep-only while controlling dogs, this works out great, since I only have to reapply sleep every 90 seconds or so.
    Okay, well that makes some sense, then. Pity these things only get mileage in a narrow sense, but at least some use is better than none.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Also, this build is definitely NOT an ultimate CCer. The idea was to make an Int-based controller who could bring something to non-CC team content.