test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Celestial Cleansing

aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Suggestions Box
I'd like to see Celestial Cleansing reworked a bit. I do like the buff/debuff removal but I think that part of the power should work better, and also depend on who uses it. Healers should have a far more effective Cleansing than DPS builds for example.

A way to do this is to rework the buff/debuff removal into a -duration for buffs/debuff effect that you place on your target. The strength of that effect can then scale with heal bonus. This would mean a strong healer build could give someone a -100% duration to buff/debuff duration, effectively making them immune for a few seconds. While a dps build might do a -20% duration effect, which in effect would only reduce the durations by a few seconds since the duration just bumps back up after the -duration effect runs out.

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Making it an AoE would be wonderful, and give it an adv to add a bit of heal, too, like Light Everlasting.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    This power needs to do more indeed
    For the time being it feels super situational and a waste of a power slot​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    What about giving a CC resist buff (in addition to other effects)?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Mmh despite having 4 chartacter pages with most of them leaning towards a support role I never used cleansing...

I am not even sure what it does right now, and what are the effects for ranking it up?

The suggestions I like so far:
    -Make it PBAoE (15-20'?).
    -Have it apply Illumination (Advantage).
    -Add a cc %resistance (Advantage).
    -Sentinel Role: remove 1 additional buffs/debuffs.

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Or revamp Celestial Framework as a whole, give some DPS options along with reworking what we got, like give it's own Energy Unlock/Theme Debuff.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

I am not even sure what it does right now, and what are the effects for ranking it up?

Lower cooldown
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I think the Celestial Cleansing is already quite nice (and already have it on my healer), on top the the buff/debuff stuff it also removes travel powers and when used on an enemy places a 10% damage debuff on them. The only thing I really don't like is the buff/debuff removal part, that just picks 1 effect at random if it works at all (like... knock resist stacks on friendly targets). If that part is made to actually work properly, reliably and have scaling for support builds, in my opinion it would be a good power.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The problem with it is that there don't seem to be many instances in the game where the buff/debuff removal is actually useful. Certainly not more useful than another power would be in that slot, considering that other power can likely deal with the effects of that buff or debuff and also serve other functions when no buffs/debuffs are a concern. It's probably one of the most situational powers in the game, and that hurts it a lot.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    That is true, and that should be addressed, we need far more (and stronger) debuffs in CO. Most other games let support characters handle that to avoid support just be whack a mole with health bars, and I think that would work well in CO too.
  • Options
    Yeah, it'll likely have to be like CC where a fight basically requires a Cleanser to be on hand or we just can't do it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Or medium length (20 seconds or so) debuffs that do stuff like reduce your perception to -1000, or reduce incoming heals by 80%, or lower your damage by 75%, or lower your resistance by 100%.

If those would be added to a lair like TA (without overdoing it, so no AoE version), you can still run it without someone to remove those, but it would be far better to have them removed.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I have celestial cleansing on my healer and it has uses, but I have to agree that they're very situational.

Note that a big part of the issue is that a lot of debuffs have to be made specifically immune to celestial cleansing, because if celestial cleansing could remove, say, Teleios's genetic siphon, it would totally break that fight. This means that the debuffs that remain are mostly minor in effect; the only debuff I've made an effort to remove is the -heal and -resist debuff granted when green crystals explode in Eidolon.
  • Options
    That is a nice use, I sometimes use it for bionic shielding synergy too.