test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q warzone creepies

chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Champions Online Discussion
I was just doing the dailies with someone and spotted a small red critter on top of a tower in the shadowcult area.
Their name was cheshire, they were a 'creepie' for type and friendly. Appropriate to a cheshire(cat) they vanished after a short while.
Has anyone spotted any others?

so Cheshire is 6
spotted teddy Bear
someone else saw Fenny PLush​​
Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by chaelk on

Comments

• Options
    salmialmisalmialmi Posts: 29 Arc User
    I noticed that critter on the first day, it is always present on that one tower on the south-western side of the cult area if no one has gone near it or it will disappear for awhile. I like that random stuff like this is in the game, makes the world feel more alive.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    There's a bunch of them scattered throughout the zone. I think there's a perk if you find all of them. They're numbered, I think.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    ok time for a creepie hunt. hmm only found the one Cheshire 6.got a picture this time, though​​
    Post edited by chaelk on

• Options
    they seem to all spawn on the same spot​​

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Meaning...

1. In succession? Like 1 will appear, and then later 2 in that same spot, then 3 there...

or

2. Each one appears in the same spot every time?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    theres a tower in the dark disciples area. they spawn on top of that. one of the ones with the flying stepping stones near it​​

• Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    Saw somekind of red wolf over there, it disappeared before I had to examine it further. I guess I asn't crazy!
  • Options
    the red wolf is cheshire​​

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    I haven't seen any, then again I don't/can't do much without team to do anything. >.-.>
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Yeah and I bet if you find all 6 some MLP eldritch horror murders you while you sleep X_X"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nepht wrote: »
    Yeah and I bet if you find all 6 some MLP eldritch horror murders you while you sleep X_X"

promises, promises​​

• Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    So @qawsada, @behemothking#9246 , @pubiwodi and I went Creepie hunting, and eventually managed to track 9 spawn points:

http://i.imgur.com/8JLgtf3.png (thanks to @behemothking#9246 for the map)

Apparently we are missing some, and @Kaiserin dropped the clue that some are more rare than others.

My guesses as to how to find the others are (from most to least):

1) The rare ones have a global respawn timer, ie. after they are triggered and vanish they don't respawn again for a couple of hours (whereas the ones marked respawn after 2 minutes more or less)

2) The rare ones spawn upon all other 9 going on cooldown (since this appears to be the theme for the warzone)

3) Some creepies spawn only during day, while some others spawn during night (cause Pokemon)

4) Some creepies spawn only during certain OMs going on cooldown (unlikely)

Bonus) Dev be trolling us :P

Happy hunting everyone
  • Options
    Adding screenshots for locations:

1-
    2-
    3-
    4- (bad quality, everyone has seen this one though)
    5-
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I now feel the urge to go hunting....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    3 different cheshires so far.....​​

• Options
    ok managed to find most of the points, and found cheshire(plain) 6 times, cheshire 6- one and teddy bear​​

• Options
    The Creepie changes if you get out of range without triggering it's dissapearing (as in, you move away from it till the target dissapears). Which Creepie shows up doesn't seem to matter.

I have further questioned @Kaiserin on the matter but received no other hints or information. Last I heard was that
    "We are still missing some" and
    "Some are more rare than others" which are both very vague clues :P
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

The Creepie changes if you get out of range without triggering it's dissapearing (as in, you move away from it till the target dissapears). Which Creepie shows up doesn't seem to matter.

I have further questioned @Kaiserin on the matter but received no other hints or information. Last I heard was that
    "We are still missing some" and
    "Some are more rare than others" which are both very vague clues :P

@Kaiserin seems to be having a lot of fun with this. =)
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

Welp there is an achievement for this now.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So from some conversations I had with Kaiserin:

- Each of the ???? corresponds to a different type of Creepy meaning there are 13 different Creepies
    - Each Creepy may spawn in more than one location
    - In order for the achivement to update, you need to stand close to the Creepie before it despawns (so you have to move fast)
    - Creepies are not restricted only to the Qliphotic Warzone
    - Some of them are "hidden" and may require some kind of trigger to cause them to spawn

The first 4 on the list correspond to the creepies found in Qliphotic Warzone: Cheshire, Fenny Doll, Teddy Bear and Sammie. There are still 9 Creepies somewhere out there I have not been able to find.

Here are the spawn points for the Qliphotic Warzone

Happy hunting!
    Post edited by lezard21 on
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    That's really fascinating, so its something more than just a cheap creepy pasta easter egg from the 2008 it's kinda like the Vibora Bay doll perk

I didn't even know there were different creeps until today, i kept finding the Red Chesire but never came across Fenny doll or Sammie until today​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    lezard21 said:

- Each of the ???? corresponds to a different type of Creepy meaning there are 13 different Creepies
    - In order for the achivement to update, you need to stand close to the Creepie before it despawns (so you have to move fast)
    - Some of them are "hidden" and may require some kind of trigger to cause them to spawn

The first 4 on the list correspond to the creepies found in Qliphotic Warzone: Cheshire, Fenny Doll, Teddy Bear and Sammie. There are still 9 Creepies somewhere out there I have not been able to find.

Happy hunting!

For those not as familiar with the hunt, it should be noted, however, that all the creepies spawn at all the points, so there really is no reason to visit all the spawn points. I camped 1 spot and got 3 creepies.

However, we do not know if this holds true in other zones, and it sounds like it does not. Also, there was some indication that the non-QWZ have been there all this time. The fact that nobody has reported accidentally spotting one makes it seem like they must be in really unusual locations.

And didn't somebody figure out the order of the first 4 (the QWZ)?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

Happy hunting!

This is awesome. I am going to get them all
  • Options
    Starting a new thread were we can keep track of all the intel gathered on creepies.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

Starting a new thread were we can keep track of all the intel gathered on creepies.

where?
  • Options
    kamokami said:

lezard21 said:

where?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1209710/creepy-perk-megathread