test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I use the ADIS transporter to get to the Gateway space station?

I want to play the Mechanon specific content, but could not figure out how.
I got some info about the Gateway Station and the ADIS transporter.

But when I went to UNTIL HQ to use it, I couldn't find out how to activate it.

Is there anything specific you have to do to unlock use of the ADIS transporter?

Or am I missing something really obvious?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    The Mechanon content is a series of missions; you don't get access to Gateway Station until you've unlocked the very last mission.

Talk to Defender; he should have the breadcrumb mission for starting the Steel Crusade mission chain. If he doesn't, then you probably already started this - head up to the north-west region of City Center, where all the burning civilians are, and do the missions up there; that'll eventually lead you back to the teleporter in UNTIL HQ.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    The ADIS transporter is also a bit bugged, especially if you're trying to access it as part of a team to do the final Mechanon mission (one of the reasons why no-one does it).

But yes, what you have to do is to complete the series of missions in City Centre (worth doing, as they give generous rewards, SCR and Questionite) and then get the final mission to go up to Gateway. If you're thinking of taking a team, make sure they also have this mission as the ADIS will refuse to let them up (intermittently) if they don't.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the information.

I assume that the unlock is on a invididual character basis, that each character who goes there has to go through the chain.

I've only been to the final location once (the one that says recommended team of 3) and didn't get very far solo, so I assumed you either go with a team or you don't go at all.

As an aside, I think needing a spacesuit device is a bit redundant for some of my characters.
    The only two have unlocked it either wear powered armor with it's own oxygen supply or don't breathe air at all (mechanoid).

And yes, I do appreciate the irony in a mechanoid declaring war on Mechanon.
    What's even funnier is she's taken control of one of his spiderbots and will use it to attack him (Mechanized Monstrosity, Ultimate Power).

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Yes, it unlocks per-character.

The final mission is roughly lair-level content; a tanky build with good self-heals can solo it without much trouble, but most ATs won't stand a chance on their own. (I have soloed it with semi-tanky dps builds, but that involves a lot of blocking and healing, and the boss is rather annoying with spam knockback effects.)

While it's not very popular content anymore, there are still people that regularly run that last mission, and asking in MC zone chat will probably turn up someone willing to do help out.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Glad to hear people are still running it, although not so many in the EU time zones, as always. IIRC the pressure suit isn't really relevant (I don't think that they insist you have it, any more than they insist you need one if you step outside of the moon hideout). The stabilisation belt is useful, though.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    The trick is to let him pin you in the corner.
  • Options
    tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    tilarta said:

As an aside, I think needing a spacesuit device is a bit redundant for some of my characters.
    The only two have unlocked it either wear powered armor with it's own oxygen supply or don't breathe air at all (mechanoid).

You do not have to wear the space suit provided. If it does not make sense for a particular character, do not put it on. If it makes sense for another, put it on. Not required either way.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User