test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leeching in Q Realm

People have reported being able to get credit for bosses in Q Realm without fighting.

I have shown up for the last 10 seconds of a Portal Guardian fight and gotten full credit (w/rewards).
Others have gotten credit/rewards for Eidolon while doing nothing at all, just being nearby.

This should be fixed, since leechers can dramatically influence change of success with Eidolon.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Comments

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    gradii said:

No it should not. The reason it was changed is becuase the zone itself is buggy, making any kind of "threshold" cause reward bugs for anyone not in the top few.

You don't remember this? People getting way over 100k were getting zilch. this is why reward thresholds for open world content are a poor idea, especially in a game with coding worse than a thousand trainwrecks in hell.​​

I agree with Gradi on this one. I recall issues with proper crediting not just in the Q-zone, but with the other Cosmic encounters as well. Unless a way can figured out that won't hose people legitimately participating. At some point, players need to relax a bit with it comes to open world content. There's no 100% way to prevent leeching --- well there are but I'm not sure if they can be properly implemented in CO.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    hamsupfaymuihamsupfaymui Posts: 17 Arc User
    Open world content is about leeching, inadvertently or not. Sometimes, I fly over an open world battle (the low/mid tier crap in MC) and lend a hand, but I don't collect. That's the beauty of Open World missions.

Maybe an adjustment of the rewards (quantity, not drop rate or reward assignment) is warranted? That's a lot easier to do than to re-adjust drop rates based on some performance metric.