test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online VR Support?

Hay hay fokes!

So in a few weeks, I'll be getting myself a Molest Rift, VR.....wait....I mean the Oculus Rift for myself, as my father already brought one, and I wish to try the experience myself.

So, now I wonder, does CO support or can it be used for VR, Cuz I kinder wanna be in FPS mode, within the live action of what ever happens in the clubs and such.

So, has anyone tried VR on CO?, let me kown!

Thanks

Legion
Psi.

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    No, not that I am aware of.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Not tried CO in VR but I have tried Saints Row IV with a Playstation VR in cinematic mode. It was a pile of piss. Not the game the PS VR.

VR needs to be kicked into a very deep dark hole. VR was not great in the 1990s its even worse now.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Well, if an oculus rift can be forced to emulate a conventional screen and controller you could likely do a bad job of VR with it, but it's certainly not written with VR in mind so anything you do will be a horrible hack job.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It was tried , but powers like Roomsweeper broke testers necks and Flight tp only achieved 3/4inch lift from the floor.
    It was abandoned.
    In 2008.
    You should wait for the likes of CoT and Valiance with full support of VR. And kentaurs.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    Also, Google Cardboard
    https://vr.google.com/cardboard/
    It's literally a cardboard box that you put your phone in and then hold it up to your face. What's next? A potato with a screen on it that you jam gameboy cartridges into? Just stab it into any part of the potato to play o3o
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    spinnytop said:

Also, Google Cardboard
    https://vr.google.com/cardboard/
    It's literally a cardboard box that you put your phone in and then hold it up to your face. What's next? A potato with a screen on it that you jam gameboy cartridges into? Just stab it into any part of the potato to play o3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBxeCi5SRE

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Pretty sure the Oculus Rift works, it's just another display device after all. Question is why would you want to? The game can be played with a controller but what are you going to do with chatting and using functions that need the keyboard? Also since the Oculus Rift is made to work with games optimized for VR, CO would look really terrible on it anyway.
  • Options
    sDKHsjlMnyLgek21mQXK-A2sW-c4HHs1LGtE2uXlBJTBS2E8fy41Aw6pBi6fbyJqPRc=h900​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    ^
    I see that VO have improved their Alpha by about 1000%
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Uhm, thanks guys, I'll give it a shot to see if it works or not

this topic blew up
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Pretty sure the Oculus Rift works, it's just another display device after all. Question is why would you want to? The game can be played with a controller but what are you going to do with chatting and using functions that need the keyboard? Also since the Oculus Rift is made to work with games optimized for VR, CO would look really terrible on it anyway.

I just wanna be in a club full of....wait...

Tho, if I have to break into files and such, big fat nope
    Psi.
  • Options
    well I got my VR and don;t seem to work, nor can I find out how yet
    Psi.
  • Options

sDKHsjlMnyLgek21mQXK-A2sW-c4HHs1LGtE2uXlBJTBS2E8fy41Aw6pBi6fbyJqPRc=h900​​

That man has no anus.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    He's a superhero. They're missing their junk also.
    ...​​
  • Options
    Just because you can't see something does not mean it doesn't exist. There a lot of people in Club Caprice claiming they have gigantic something or others and you can't see them either!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    “He had a penis eight hundred miles long and two hundred and ten miles in diameter, but practically all of it was in the fourth dimension.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions

:D
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    If CO works with VR I double dare someone to go into the club.

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nepht said:

If CO works with VR I double dare someone to go into the club.

I am curious why? To see a bunch of people standing around like mannequins, most of the females in vixen pose in badly put together outfits and horrible body sliders or men with chests bulkier than the joke character made for those fake energy drinks most of whom are either in tells or team speak and rarely publicly chit chatting, and those that are publicly chatting using very bad grammar and sentence structure to write out novels in their ideological way to basically sum up saying they take a drink from their glass of whatever mountain piss water their character is suppose to be drinking at the moment. And a majority of the time it's usually a few wandering around "looking" for RP and getting upset because people don't instantly want to get to know their "life is pain and misery" character that they've probably seen for the 80th time that day.

As much as people claim happens, publicly, in Caprice, those looking around will rarely see it as much as they claim, and the ones they do see it's impossible to tell if they are sincere or just trolling, hence Poe's Law comes into effect. Most RP scenarios that people claim are "that bad" are a result of trolls making a mockery as much as sincere players. So you have a Poe situation, unable to tell if it's just trolling or actually sincere situation. Like Goldshire in WoW.

RP in CO is dead to me to begin with, but that's not because of a bad community, it's bad tools and theme park MMOs just aren't a good environment and since the tools don't exist for it, and everyone has to be a special snowflake (don't get me started on the pantheon of millennial old gods that exist in Champions that are only level 6 and couldn't stand up to a stiff breeze let alone Foxbat) it gets maddening at times the idea of their RP is that amounts to wannabe Tolkien class writing of over explanation of everything with bad tense, grammatical structure and not even using words correctly, on top of the fact that we have to endure their character is perfect and omniscient and omnipresent in every possible way. It breeds and atmosphere that just isn't conducive to RP.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Well I cant complain about bad grammer but wut would bad grammer look like in VR *D*
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    nepht said:

Well I cant complain about bad grammer but wut would bad grammer look like in VR *D*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFpwEluWab0

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    VR in the club would be like VR anywhere else in the game, just with a PC monitor strapped to your face. Nothing visually is going to be radically different because you're using a VR headset in the club (yeah I get why it's being jabbed at). The game isn't optimized for it.
  • Options
    Only the fellow cat knew I was taking the piss.

• Options
    nepht said:

I dunno, she's your grammer, you tell me. :)

Psst..."grammar". :p

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

nepht said:

I dunno, she's your grammer, you tell me. :)

Psst..."grammar". :p

• Options
    **snickers**
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

VR in the club would be like VR anywhere else in the game, just with a PC monitor strapped to your face. Nothing visually is going to be radically different because you're using a VR headset in the club (yeah I get why it's being jabbed at). The game isn't optimized for it.

awww
    Psi.
  • Options
    Maybe CO is 3D optimized. Because 3D existed prior CO release.​​
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm sure if you look long enough you'll find something in Caprice with 3 Ds... or triple Ds...