test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Utility Mod for Heavy Weapons

shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
edited December 2016 in Power Discussion
A mod for utility slots that is called [Hrodegir's Glory]. It works like all other utility mods that boost damage. This would be a great mod to have since we got one for Power Armor and Laser Sword recently. Thanks for reading and I hope you including this into the game.
|| Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||

Comments

• Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    yes! IM STILL WAITING THIS
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    A lot of sets need a utility mod to boost damage. Force, heavy weapons... Does either TK or telepathy have one?
    Other sets have them, but they are much harder to come by than is reasonable. I guess the MA core drops from the Hi Pan alert? And even then it's an ultra-ultra-rare drop? And if it's over level 5 then it takes away options to be slotted in the secondaries.

Why it's a utility core when it's clearly aimed at generating more offense I do not know, but whatever.

They need to just get them out there so every framework is on semi-equal footing, and they should all be at the same level... Tier 3, I guess.
    Quit trying to be cute and waiting until they make a new AT or lockbox or whatever to add them to the game.
    Every framework, every AT, should be just as important as every other, but as it is they are giving damage advantages to people using only certain frameworks.

They can just put them in the GCR store now and if they later want to make them available in some other way that's fine. But it's just unfair to give laser sword and fire and ice and whatever potential damage advantages that other frameworks lack.

Once they get those made then they can start looking at other sorts of utility mods that people might like and save them for lockboxes or whatever.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I doubt the HW mod will be named after Hrodegir. He's a player-made nemesis.If there will be a HW mod, it would probably be named after Ironclad or Therakiel. If they are aiming for Therakiel, then the HW mod might come when they revamp Therakiel's Temple or all Lairs.

I find it unfair how Left Eye of the Ruby Dragon boosts an entire powerset(MA) while the new ones are just for one type. Well, it is an old mod but can't help but feel salty about it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Yeah, how about one for Telepathy / Telekinesis, since they actually do sucky damage. At least HW does decent damage, anyway.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Yeah, how about one for Telepathy / Telekinesis, since they actually do sucky damage. At least HW does decent damage, anyway.

LOL!

Please. :wink:

With the exception of Heavy Weapons (you could also argue Munitions)...it seems like once sets are positively reviewed and changes are made to make the set fulfill it's intended role a bit better (or perhaps expand on its uniqueness), a utility mod is created for it.

I think the long term goal is to provide every set with a utility mod, but that would require each set to be reviewed (positively, instead of nerfing different aspects of them every other month).

At this point...I'd say wait and see what is fiddled with next.

I do agree though that there should be a utility mod for Heavy Weapon Offensive Powers.

I don't see it being named Hrodegir (although it could be, if they were pressed for what to call it). Ironclad, Duratok or perhaps a Heavy Weapons wielding villain from CO lore may be the "face" of the mod instead.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

I don't see it being named Hrodegir (although it could be, if they were pressed for what to call it). Ironclad, Duratok or perhaps a Heavy Weapons wielding villain from CO lore may be the "face" of the mod instead.

Black Mace would have been the go to guy for showcasing Heavy Weapons, but he's been downgraded to a throwaway cage fighter in West Side.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Just to classify
    Hrodegir the Unoriginal and Duratok are both PLAYERS DESIGNED characters
    They are NOT canon in the Champions' Lore

Duratok is the winner of some Design Sidekick Contest (I wasn't playing back then, someone please explain)
    and Hrodegir the Zombie-Viking costume set was one of the winners of Design a Villaint Contest

the MOD should NOT be named by them​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Let's not quibble, just call the gear "Glory of Britannia"

photo BritSmaller.gif

Job done.

photo 8559359d-1c2e-4dfc-bb9b-f07c2acc96f3.png

:p
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

With the exception of Heavy Weapons (you could also argue Munitions)...it seems like once sets are positively reviewed and changes are made to make the set fulfill it's intended role a bit better (or perhaps expand on its uniqueness), a utility mod is created for it.

Well, they did a bit of fire stuff at the same time as HW, and so they came out with a fire mod. So my theory is that when they rekajigger Fire, then they'll come out with a HW mod. Cause evilpony o3o
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Apart from one or two attacks, I don't think Fire needs much changes. It has good dps, and nice in set synergies.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    #fixheatwave
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    aiqa said:

Apart from one or two attacks, I don't think Fire needs much changes. It has good dps, and nice in set synergies.

The point I was making in my previous comment wasn't about the fire set needing changes, it was that we got the Fire mod after minor changes to the fire set and big changes to HW, so we'll probably get the HW mod when they make big changes to the fire set, and minor adjustments to the HW set. It was sort of a thing I did there implying that they had some wacky plan for the order to release those mods in. It wasn't really serious and I'm not sure how it brought you to talking about how the fire set doesn't need changes...

But since you mentioned it! All projector sets are boring and one-dimensional. A common theme with the changes has been "how can we make this more interesting and versatile" and really all the projector sets need that - currently the most interesting set in that group is Force, with Ice following in second. Being able to push out the standard amount of DPS is not the only benchmark for a set being okay.
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Thanks for the comments and information about the player designed villains. All of your comments have been insightful thus far.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Posts: 81 Arc User
    It'll come eventually, I think they all will sooner or later. Just be patient. It's not like they tack on so much more damage that you are gonna be left in the dust without any.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Well, I'm sure that nobody needs me to say it, but the heavy weapon mods are here now.
  • Options