test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP Carrie Fisher

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    :'(
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Aww.... that sucks.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    She was only 60 :C

2016 I will be glad to see the end of you U_U
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Can we please get through the last four days of 2016 without something else rotten happening? :s
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Carrie did struggle with drug addiction including coccaine, something that tends to take years away from your life and is a cause for heart problems later on.

But yeah, it's sad and shocking that it happened, so close after George Michael passed away too. 2016 has been a pretty crappy year.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    **** you 2016!!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    This has already been the year the music died, but it's taken a lot of TV and movie icons with it. Carrie was a woman who inspired a lot of little girls, she wasn't a typical princess, and in Star Wars she wasn't a passive participant, being rescued by a bunch of rag tag rogues, but once she got out of her cell and got her hands on her blaster she was fighting her way to freedom. It sucked that she was basically the only girl in Star Wars, but she was a great character, and one of the best things about Star Wars.

RIP Princess Leia
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Carrie Fisher's mother, legendary actress Debbie Reynolds, passed away at age 84, one day after Carrie, reportedly from complications from a stroke. Her son Todd Fisher reported that her last words before her stroke were, "I want to see Carrie again." I doubt she meant it this way, but at least her heartbreak is over.
    bulgarex said:

Can we please get through the last four days of 2016 without something else rotten happening? :s

You never, NEVER tempt fate by writing something like that. Idiot. :(