test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need a mentalist lvling build

See a lot of end game Mentalist builds, but with me trying the power set out for the first time i kinda need help with what is what. In time i do wanna have a kind of "Seducer" theme

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,819 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I assume by Seducer you mean more Telepathy and telekinesis. Here's a mostly TP dps build w/ some decent CC, debuff, and background healing potential:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Psi Lash
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
    Level 6: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 8: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Concentration
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Ego Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Mental Storm
    Level 32: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 29/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Uses Ego Bast as its main filler, and TK Maelstrom, Sleep, Ego Storm, and Mental Storm for a mix of CC, debuffing, and/or AoE. Can take Manip as the toggle if you want to focus on control a bit more. Gears mostly for Int and Con.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • nightdugallenightdugalle Posts: 17 Arc User
    Thanks very much, looking forward to seeing how this power set performs.
    I edited the build a touch to make Sentinel the last spec, since the healing aura is nice, but can get you healgro if you group early on. Also, I didn't give the build a good AoE till lvl 20. Although I may not keep it in the final build, you could add Ego Sprites in if you wanted a spammable AoE from TP earlier on (that, or maybe replace TK Maelstorm w/ Skarn's Bane w/ Tranced adv from Sorcery, which you can get earlier than lvl 20 here).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    To level a mentalist, go full-on melee DPS for leveling, then retcon to mentalist when 40. Take it from me...
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

To level a mentalist, go full-on melee DPS for leveling, then retcon to mentalist when 40. Take it from me...

Bah where the fun in that? besides already at lvl 27 and been enjoying it so far
    edited December 2016
    flowcyto said:

I edited the build a touch to make Sentinel the last spec, since the healing aura is nice, but can get you healgro if you group early on. Also, I didn't give the build a good AoE till lvl 20. Although I may not keep it in the final build, you could add Ego Sprites in if you wanted a spammable AoE from TP earlier on (that, or maybe replace TK Maelstorm w/ Skarn's Bane w/ Tranced adv from Sorcery, which you can get earlier than lvl 20 here).

The build has been wonderful leveling up. thank you much i think i have a new main character lol. I did do a change for the end game with replacing overseer with guardian, for the extra defense and offense options it came with and swapped concentration for manipulator as you suggested before. I also picked up the Psionic Accelerator device from Drifter which pairs perfectly with the build as a opening attack on pack mobs.
    edited December 2016
    Yeah Manip also can work well w/ the build- ur just using most of the cd attacks to keep it up (instead of relying mostly on Ego Blast to keep it up). Makes it good for trash lock-down, even if its a bit lower dps vs. Conc. I have a toon w/ a build similar to this w/ Manip, and its still good even w/ the state TP is in atm. Anyways, glad you like it.