test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keyboard command delay

Something really bizarre have been plauging me for about a week now and I am at my wits end as to how to resolve it. Lest it can be solved, CO is effectively unplayable to me for the time being.

So, the heart of the of problem is that whenever I issue a command ingame through my keyboard like pushing a button to use a power, an action which should be instantly carried out now takes several seconds before it is recognized and excuted, making the gameplay of CO utterly disorganized to me. However, when using the mouse, commands, like using right and left button in unison to run or pushing a button in the power tray are registered and executed instantly.

I am currently using a A4 Tech wireless keyboard and this keyboard, although old, is in fine working condition. I use it while playing other online games, such as Warframe, and there the keyboard functions perfectly, responding to commands as it should. I even purchased a wired, PS/2 keyboard shortly before writing this, hoping a direct connection to my computer would remedy the issue, but the delay still remains, present as ever.

It could neither be a connection error as I have not experienced any lack of server response or diconnetions. I tried switching to a closer proxy server but it did nothing to lessen the problem.

I like to play CO intesively but this issue is testing my patience to near breaking point and as I've said, I am runing out of ideas as to how one can crush this pest. Thus, I hope the community has some insight as to what can be the culprit.

Sincerely, a digruntled player
"Thumbs up for the triumph of the human spirit, or thumbs down to summon a day of holocaust that will never end?" - Glorious Godfrey