2»

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Add Salt and Sanctuary to my list of other games I play now. Tee hee! `D`
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    spinnytop said:

Seeing quite a few dark souls players :'3

trying to do a limited shield use run now, using spears till i can finally get some claws. blew my chance at manniken claws, since i finished the bosses before i could get to the catacombs., but looking for the claws in the dlc.

also, finished bloodborne with the chalice dungeons, after that, the vanilla final boss was a bit anticlimactic. but i find that with games with heavy dlc, since its balanced to add new mechanics, or add additional challenge for players that finished the main game already, beating it first tends to put you above the power curve.

• darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Got a bunch of stuff (that I didn't need, my back catalog is insane now HALP!!!!) during the Steam Winter Sale: Ori Definitive Edition (superbly beautiful game!!!), Bastion (another great artistic-type game).

EDIT: Hotline Miami also.

Also DO play Civilization 6. That game is just epic!

EDIT2: And good lord I need to finish Skyrim. Been wanting to for ages.
    Post edited by darqaura2 on
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Interesting thread you started here, Spinny. I have not had any experience with anyone going off on people playing other games, and hopefully never will, though I don't doubt it happens.

I do have Guild Wars 2 on my computer, but in the last few months the game has been freezing on me, sometimes for as long as 10 seconds. Since you can die in that game in 2 seconds, you can understand why I haven't logged in too much of late. (Tanking in GW2 is a myth, though some builds are somewhat more survivable; I guess it really depends on how you define "tanking".)

CO occasionally freezes for a second or two (internet stuff, I imagine), but only once in a long while, never for very long. So you can guess what I've been playing online. :wink:

Offline, I occasionally play Master of Orion 2 on my computer or Champions of Norrath on PS2. In certain situations, mainly involving certain family members, Tekken 3 can be fun; I will play that by myself occasionally. If I'm really bored, card games on computer (though usually that's at my parents' house; at home it's CO).

The only bad thing here (though not that bad, life is tough or whatever) is that it reminded me how much I miss City of Heroes. I'd never have played CO if that game was still going. My current opinion on that is that I would have missed something good; whatever faults it has, CO is a fun game. (CoH wasn't perfect either; really, any game could be a little bit better.)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    MoO2? great game! :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Interesting thread you started here, Spinny. I have not had any experience with anyone going off on people playing other games, and hopefully never will, though I don't doubt it happens.

I do have Guild Wars 2 on my computer, but in the last few months the game has been freezing on me, sometimes for as long as 10 seconds. Since you can die in that game in 2 seconds, you can understand why I haven't logged in too much of late. (Tanking in GW2 is a myth, though some builds are somewhat more survivable; I guess it really depends on how you define "tanking".)

CO occasionally freezes for a second or two (internet stuff, I imagine), but only once in a long while, never for very long. So you can guess what I've been playing online. :wink:

Offline, I occasionally play Master of Orion 2 on my computer or Champions of Norrath on PS2. In certain situations, mainly involving certain family members, Tekken 3 can be fun; I will play that by myself occasionally. If I'm really bored, card games on computer (though usually that's at my parents' house; at home it's CO).

The only bad thing here (though not that bad, life is tough or whatever) is that it reminded me how much I miss City of Heroes. I'd never have played CO if that game was still going. My current opinion on that is that I would have missed something good; whatever faults it has, CO is a fun game. (CoH wasn't perfect either; really, any game could be a little bit better.)

The things I miss from COH was the extreme min maxing with inventions (my Warshade and Peacebringer both became godlike when cooldown was brought to nothing and defense/resistance was brought to insane levels) and the incarnate system. The rest of the game had not aged all that well by the end of it's life.

Oh and I preferred that game's version of teleport and superspeed.

EDIT: The only thing similar minmaxing-wise here is what you can do with insane levels of one stat like CON or PRE.
  • furries2furries2 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The games I currently play besides CO are.

Killer Instinct (PC Version)

Guild Wars 2 - Main Species I play is Charr. (Display Name: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169, Main Character Rathsphere Charr Gaurdian)

Warframe (PC Version)

Second Life (Virtual World while not a game it's something to sit back and relax hang out with friends or shop for items for my avatar)

The Elder Scrolls Online

WildStar (Most Times)

Neverwinter (Been to busy with Warframe to play it a lot)

Perfect World International (Love the game and spent quite a lot of money on there cash shop but find most npcs to hard even at lvl 95, I am excited when the overhaul is dropped on that game, It will change the way we see PWI it's Engine Upgrade was looooong overdue. Date of the engine upgrade isnt decided yet there still working on it.)

Star Wars the old Republic - I find the story more fun on the dlcs and gets more exciting than the base story, I had a little taste of Knights of the Fallen Empire and I am in love of the story.

Digimon Masters Online - Despite its ups and downs I am a Major Digimon Fan.

Marvel Heroes 2016 (Contiuned as of 2/5/2017)

Star Trek Online (Silver Player but am LTS on CO)

Games that I used to play Or No longer is with us anymore.

The Matrix Online - A Game that always had a special place in my heart but I am still heart broken for its lost it was after its shut down I never got to say my good byes to most I am friends with leaving a hole in me that may never get filled.

nIYoW7R.png

Here is a video of what Matrix Online Offered,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1E26hBgmRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmYANCRC8c0

Bonus:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRB8m5IObM8

City of Heroes/Villains - My most played MMO after the lost of MXO, I was a Rouge was orginally a Villain, I regret not achiving everything I wanted and missing a few things I wish I had experienced I played CO along side CoH and I loved both to death, Could not live without both in my life now it's gone all I have is CO.

Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE Online - A shut down MMO that was closed due to Dev Time unable to maintain both the US and JP Version at the same time I lost all my hard work and I was on the verge to restoring and fixing up my main character beacuse I screwed up his Sharpshooter Build vary badly only to have that taken after the shut down.

DC Universe Online - Stopped playing it, My reasons is that Cryptic Studios Restrictions are better than DCs Restrictions. But I did enjoy the game for the time.

World of Warcraft (Trial Only) - Stopped playing due to trial ran out, I can only sub to 1 or 2 games at a time anymore it gets pricy.

Landmark (Daybreak Games) - Cannot keep up with the upkeep at this time to play more.

EverQuest 2 - Stopped playing for now not sure when I will play again.

And I think thats it I believe.​​
    Post edited by furries2 on
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    One thing I can't stop playing is the single player mode of Splatoon. Thats a bloody good platformer game.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    A lot of people playing GW2, we could meet there someday XD
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    I've not had much free time over the holidays but the games I've been playing while on my CO hiatus are:

- Space Engineers
    - Warframe
    - Overwatch
    - RIFT
    - MGSV
    - STO
    - ocassionally some Trove with the kids
    - All the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games​​
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    vinxbr wrote: »
    A lot of people playing GW2, we could meet there someday XD

Heh That is if people can find me. I mostly play alone in GW2 sense I rarely interact with anyone and only have a small handful of friends who play it.​​
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I played Witcher 3. It was really excellent and deserving of all of the praise it's getting.

- The story is badass. Easily one of the best stories for any game ever. It's easy to care about what happens with every major character. And your choices really matter a lot.
    - The world is massive and absolutely gorgeous. I upgraded my PC just to be able to play it on ultra settings. There is so much to do! It's taken me over 300 hours to clear every point of interest in the main map + DLC and it was super fun all the way.
    - The gameplay really shines on Death March as it makes being well prepared vital for every encounter. Combat takes a bit of getting used to, but once you're there it's really fun. And the slo-mo kills are highly satisfying.

Unfortunately Witcher 3 has spoiled me for pretty much every game I've tried afterwards except for CO. What's cool is now that I'm back to CO it's still super fun. Having tried many other games, I'm happy and confident to be spending time in CO as there's not really anything like it. Was hoping for Wildstar to be the new CO, but it fell flat.
    a1fighter said:

Forgot about the Torchlight series, those are pretty good, located here on Arc.

This times 1000% you all need to play the Torchlight games they are on most formats so theres no reason not too.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    Star Trek Online is my primary game.
    I also play the Defiance mmo.

For soloplayer games, Fallout and Mass Effect.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    tried Torchlight, didn't like it.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2017
    a1fighter said:

And if you still have doubts? Me and Nepht agreed on something, case closed, try it.

You would be surprised how much we agree on stuff and you actually remind me of myself when I first turned up on the forums in 2011. There is some actual fondness towards you happening.

Game wise and you peeps might go **** right off. But Minecraft Super Mario edition for Wii U. Its like an open world Super Mario Bros 3 its worth a look @_@

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Confirmation........ the nepht is a centaur.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Thing he doesnt know how bad I was back then and how much of an insult that is >:D

"You remind me of me, when I was a baby."

Let's see what snappy comments to try to get a jab at me people do with that :'3
    spinnytop said:

"You remind me of me, when I was a baby."

So like you when the DPS sucks at dino >:D

edited January 2017

nepht wrote: »
    Thing he doesnt know how bad I was back then and how much of an insult that is >:D

[Guild Wars 2] Human: I could outrun a centaur! - Speed Boost Buff

XD

And Quating someone sometimes screws up the post. I had to like seperate the two *sigh*​​
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    now im playing EVE online
    omg ~.~
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    naciiito said:

now im playing EVE online
    omg ~.~

I tried to play on my hubby's EVE account once while he was taking a p*** he seen me drive his ship around badly crashing into sh*t and he lost his tiny little mind grabbed me, flung me out of his man room and since then he now locks the door to it.

Which is dumb as its my apartment and I have all the master keys >8D
    spinnytop said:

Guild Wars 2.

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    I'm into Overbotch again.
    Res 7. I got mine early since well I sell games so ima on my 3rd playthrough but you guys need that game in your life O_O
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Well, my current rotation I'm enjoying so far tends to be -
    Unreal Tournament (The First one)
    Faster Then Light (Captains Edition Mod :+1: )
    Gears Of War 3 (When My friend comes over 2 days a week, he currently doesn't have a PC for Lan so we 'Enjoy' this for now or when I feel like playing it)
    StarCraft 2 (Same as above but when my friend does have his Computer.)
    Other games I wouldn't mind playing, such as Terraria to relax with but I haven't had much motivation to play, I've also finished DOOM Campaign recently, haven't touched it since.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    I only play MMOs (and sometimes old SNES/GBA games on emulators)
    I play:
    -Guild wars 2 (lately not much, onyl when they add new content and story.)
    -Elder Scrolls Online. I've liked this one a lot!
    _The secret world, this is an AMAZING MMO, I wish more people played it, VERY story driven, and much mystery and investigations! it's probably my favorite game too, also it has a present setting, which few MMOs have,
    -DC universe online, I don't play it much to be honest, but it's nice to play another superhero MMO once in a while.

and that's pretty much it :)
    natesig.jpg

reiwulf said:

I play:

Dude if you havent you need to play Plok *D*

spinnytop said:

I'm thinking of trying Guild Wars 2.

edited January 2017
    nepht said:

Res 7. I got mine early since well I sell games so ima on my 3rd playthrough but you guys need that game in your life O_O

I'm sure I can miss out on Outlast The Evil Resident Amnesia.

• reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nepht said:

reiwulf said:

I play:

Dude if you havent you need to play Plok *D*

I'm more into oldschool RPGS, final fantasy 4,5,6 breath of fire 1,2 secret f mana 1,2, chrono trigger, etc...
    but I have to say Plok really looks like the oldschool SNES games, like the first games released on it.
    natesig.jpg

edited January 2017

nepht said:

I'm sure I can miss out on Outlast The Evil Resident Amnesia.

Yeah its nothing like those it plays like Resident Evil 1. Which if you knew the history of Resident evil 1 it actually started development out as a first person game. Also the game has been received well by actual Res fans so to those circle jerk hipsters that wanted it to fail well ...

Final thought Doom 3 started the FP horror fad not those games anyway :P
    The aesthetic of the game reminds me too much of those games for me to be interested in it. It's fine for what it is and has its audience, but it's not the kind of game I'm looking for when I think of RE.
    edited January 2017
    nepht said:

Final thought Doom 3 started the FP horror fad not those games anyway :P

What about these then?

(The AVP 1999 game marine campaign was definitely terrifying)
    edited January 2017
    Systemshock bloody good game one of my faves but thats more cerebral than the likes of Doom 3 and Res 7.

Res 7 is not scary doesn't try to be it tries to shock but not scare. The game is pure Evil Dead its actually quite funny when people are not being murdered and some of the things that happen to Ethan and the stuff he says is just pure comedy. They even get a "groovy" in.

>_> Also been playing a lot of Gravity Rush 2 my god that game is majestic.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    rtma said:

Unreal Tournament (The First one)
    Faster Then Light (Captains Edition Mod :+1: )

Holy yes. UT is the best. Although I do love the 2004+ versions, they are the best arena shooters ever. And if anyone says Quake I will punch you with my left ****.

Also FTL is amazing. Also Also just feel like mentioning Rogue Legacy. That game is a masterpiece.

Also for no reason a game I'd like to suggest to everyone? Papers, Please. That is a great game that shows you just how shitty life can be.
    biffsig.jpg
    Did I mention Clash of Clans? I've been playing Clash of Clans. I like poking the screen and then watching the things go plok o3o
  • I used to play Artix Entertainment games like Adventure Quest or Herosmash. After the latter got left behind to become abandonware, though, I didn't touch video games for a rather long time aside from some Sims.

These days I tend to play action games like God Eater or Dynasty Warriors.
    The Mechanical Armageddon

If I refer to a twin sister ingame, I'm either talking about Artisa or Atroxia Lion.
    spinnytop said:

Did I mention Clash of Clans? I've been playing Clash of Clans. I like poking the screen and then watching the things go plok o3o

Mobile games .... your just awful.
    nepht said:

spinnytop said:

Mobile games .... your just awful.
    but it's fun D:
    I mostly just swarm other people's villages with hordes of goblins and steal their resources owo
  • citizenstrangercitizenstranger Posts: 22 Arc User
    Overwatch, and sometimes Marvel Heroes