test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MOB with Super Damage

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

I went back to the desert with a level 25 tank (invulnerability, inertial dampening field) and happened to fight the Qulaar Swarmlord in Area 51. He and/or his bugs did a lot of damage considering my powers. Why does the Swarmlord damage an invulnerable character as if it ignores invulnerability?

I have fought the Swarmlord before. With another invul + IDF character, I was soundly defeated. With a defiance character (also with IDF as well as eye of the storm), I was able to beat the Swarmlord; presumably the absorption from EotS helped. In this last fight, I was 25 and the Swarmlord 24, and I stayed near the bottom of my hit points for the majority of the fight, eventually using a healing item. Also, does role make a big difference? I was hybrid in all three fights.

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There's a specific attack (something like impregnate...) used by qularr bugkeepers that, after a short delay, does a percentage of hit points (ignoring all defenses) and spawns a firebug next to you. Swarmlords may also use that power, I don't recall for certain.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    The firebugs also do a lot more damage than you think they would. If you get a bunch of them shooting you at once, HP can go down fast.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    That particular mob _also_ has a sort of an insect cloud thing it summons that does damage that's not mitigated by at least block (not sure on defense or flat damage reduction from invuln); keeping moving helps a ton for staying alive against it.

Really, it's just sortof a perfect storm of unusual things that give that one mob extreme damage output compared to anything else in the area - even Grond you can generally survive by blocking until he leaves.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I think those Firebugs debuff you, too, so a character relying on DR for defence would probably have some problems. The level 28 Destroids in Dr Destroyer's Robot Factory are good for that, too; miss yr block there and they'll wipe out you out in no time (although I haven't tried them post-Power Armour/Laser Sword tweaks, wonder if they've been buffed... : :o