test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End game content that is pet friendly

kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
Summon/pet powers are a not an insignificant part of the game. However, it seems that quite a bit of the end game content punishes those who rely on those summon/pet powers. Can some future end game content be designed to not punish these players? Not saying that all end game content should accommodate all types, but it'd be nice to have something that I can use my pet master for.​​
100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Um... Pets are great for the "cosmic" open world event bosses. Like the Mega-D or Tako fights. The issue with Ape and Kiga is that you need to use CC to keep the adds from doing anything. Dino is different in that pets can prevent the baby tanks from doing their job adequately. Which leads to DPS getting wiped at erratic intervals because Baby suddenly turned and fired a cone into the crowd.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    That pretty much requires redesigning pets. Probably including a severe cap on how many pets you can have active at once.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    gradii said:

Simply change pet AI to ignore CC'ed targets entirely and also to focus on the player target only (if player target not CCed)

And change all pets to have no collision. And not render at all for anyone but their owner. And not count as targets for friendly powers for anyone but their owner. It's not just an AI problem, pets take up resources.
  • Options
    Also having pets ignore CCed targets only works if the pet isn't attacking before CC is applied.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    What if you CC an opponent and also have pets? Would be weird for solo players.

Also, pets are tough when Cosmics frequently have block-or-die powers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    gradii said:

Also having pets ignore CCed targets only works if the pet isn't attacking before CC is applied.

Pets in some other games will immediately stop attacking a CCed target.
    but not in mid attack.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    And change all pets to have no collision. And not render at all for anyone but their owner. And not count as targets for friendly powers for anyone but their owner. It's not just an AI problem, pets take up resources.
    Ummm... what? onion-13.gif

Sorry, I think much of that is pretty silly and sounds like it's meant to shoot down my suggestion by flooding it with junk.

I'm not asking for a complete overhaul of pets. Yes, a better AI would be nice. But I'm specifically suggesting that devs consider working in some future end-game content that allows pets to be used without having the pet ruin the fight.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kallethen said:

Ummm... what?

Basically, it's impossible to design fights on the scale of cosmics or events to work properly with pet swarm builds; the game just dies once you get above a certain number of objects on screen. Also, friendly effects with a target cap that wind up affecting pets are basically wasted.

Now, if we eliminate the pet swarm build, so a petmaster has one or two strong pets instead of a bunch of crap pets, that wouldn't be so much of a problem.