test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mystyx: new and improved Sigil Spamming

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Builds and Roles
After a short break from the game I return to find that Sorcery has been overhauled... and with that I decided to take a look at my Sorcery builds to see what I can do to improve them... and of course that includes my petite little sigil spammer Mystyx...

PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name: Mystyx

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Recovery (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Grimoire
Level 6: Field Ops Training
Level 9: Enduring
Level 12: Brilliant
Level 15: Negotiator
Level 18: Healthy Mind
Level 21: Quick Recovery

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Aura of Arcane Clarity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Sigils of Arcane Runes (Rank 2, Rank 3, Mystic Transference)
Level 8: Sigils of the Primal Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Sigils of Ebon Weakness (Rank 2, Rank 3, Mystic Transference)
Level 14: Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary (Rank 2, Rank 3, Mystic Transference)
Level 17: Living Fire (Inner Peace, Mystic Transference)
Level 20: Sigils of the Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3, Mystic Transference)
Level 23: Molecular Self-Assenbky/Conjuring
Level 26: Spellcaster/Compassion
Level 29: Circle of Primal Dominion/Circle of Radiant Glory
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations:
Recovery: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Recovery: Staying Power (2/2)
Recovery: Second Wind (2/2)

Ok... so here's where I'm stuck... I've got 3 empty power slots, what goes in those slots might depend a lot on which Form & EU I take... If I take Conjuring or Spellcaster then I will need to load those 3 slots with Curses & Enchantments to proc them with... however, she probably won't have much chance to use said powers while maintaining her sigils... Additionally she's missing a solid self-healing skill, although Radiant Sigils and Inner Peace will probably do more than enough for keeping her alive... Also... I only have 4 Advantage points left which will probably go to ranking up her circle...

I also still have no idea what her specs should be... and with the new Sorcery changes, I'm curious as to if they updated sigils to benefit from the Commander spec tree or if they still only benefit from Rapid Response...

Note: Inner Peace is on Living Flame since for some reason MT is a 2pt advantage on that power, so since I can't have i deal the same damage as Arcane Runes I've got it triggering a HoT...
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Testing sigils now, and it doesn't seem like most of Commander spec still benefits them generally, though the faster cast time is still pretty nice. Guess it'll depend on how often ur gonna be spending casting or re-casting the sigils vs. doing other things. Sigils can't crit, so maybe instead get specs that debuff w/ attacks that hold/CC to proc the debuffs. That, or optimize Offense instead of crit/severity.

Living Fire's MT being 2 adv looks like a bug. Also, it may be worth noting that re-casts of CoRG come w/ a small AoE heal. MSA is the easiest EU to fit here, regardless. I'd give more advice, but there's many ways a sigil build could go now w/ the increased options.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    With her current stats... she's already brought all her sigils down to their minimum cast time (1.26s & 0.79s w/MT)... and her MT sigils are on a 5.1s CD... and MT no longer cuts the duration of sigils in half... I've got a good 20 seconds where I'm only recasting my Arcane & Fire Sigils every 5s... which leaves me ~3.5s between that I could use another power... As for Commander... that's a shame they still don't benefit from the spec, the solid cast time reduction from it makes setting up at the start of a fight much so much smoother... but it feels like a waste of a spec to take commander only for Rapid Response and get no other benefits from the spec...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png