test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why you have to make Strenght of Takofanes even more annoying!

shaidonshaidon Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Missions and Content
More grind, go kill it dozen of times with which character if you want to get 125 tokens.
He got buffed already, abusing knocks, sometimes doing such high damage that kills my characters in one hit. Including that enrage AoE that inexplicable kills.
Now you add an long range travel power disabling! Just like undead heroes and their cheap laser that make no sense to their power set, so must be a gift of uncle Takofanes.
Is the "challenge" justification? Cause I'm not allowed to "exploit" his weakeness when I get frustrated of fighting him over and over, or tired of the routine?

BTW, if you find the use of skills like sniping to be exploitive, than at least make it more useful. Its slow, can easily be interrupted, and others skills do better DPS. The only good part was really the exploitive range. But hey, lets give all the bosses a way to counter that now, cause challenge.

EDIT.: Thats it, not worth it! Seriously!
Playing with my character with Invulnerability, He just threw a chain at me (Iron Lariat I think) that took 70% of my HP. Had to hide in the corner to wait for my already stupid drones to heal me, and before I got 50%, he just decided to stop attacking me and got all his HP back. Second attempt I tried my best to keep him budy while praying for not get high damage attacks, but nooooo, here is another chain at your chest and die!
Super Happy Fun! Must say this, or else I might be a whine baby that want things to be super easy, and so be an inferior human being.
I'm fed up!
Post edited by shaidon on

Comments

• Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    isn't the mission supposed to be made by a duo?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I don't know what your problems are.
    I am not saying this to be patronizing, just noting that I have soloed it with a few different characters and not had near the issues you are describing.

Buy some medpacks if you need them. Block whenever you see him charging up an attack.
    Get a henchman device (UNTIL, Steelhead, Renegade Viper) if you can, or even a sidekick. I will drop one of those and then lead Strength a short distance away and facing a different direction so that he doesn't get them in any AoEs Not a great help, but it is help and makes the fight go whatever little bit faster.

Also, now with the new mission you should have no problem finding some help. If you can get even two or three, never mind four, other people to join you then it should be smooth (and fast) sailing.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    found 2 ways around that long range travel cancel so far. I'm not getting into melee combat with a str character when I'm on a ranged one​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    The really annoying part is how he'll use a knock, THEN the gravity yank to pull you back to him.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    There does seem to be a few more random passives around the game, still. Was in Vibora Bay and noticed that Bludhound has gained Defiance! - no soloing him anymore. Defiance and a Self-heal needs a team. Quite right too.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Meanwhile, Gravity massive falling damage is STILL A thing

I hope you enjoy cheap deaths
    There does seem to be a few more random passives around the game, still. Was in Vibora Bay and noticed that Bludhound has gained Defiance! - no soloing him anymore. Defiance and a Self-heal needs a team. Quite right too.

and since Vibora Bay is a graveyard, nobody wants to do the open missions

Even before on alert he was a pain in the butt unless there were many people participating​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I haven't tried the Q zone so I haven't noticed the falling damage - I'll let you know if I spot any other occurrences.