test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Qliphothic Warzone Info And Lore Request

stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
What is the background for this area? Is this supposed to be the Gateway Between Worlds? Wasn't that destroyed? Why is EVERYTHING purple? Why are there roads from the hero outpost straight to the enemy camps despite there not being any vehicles? Are all of the enemy factions working together considering they all seem to have the same objective info for the open missions? Why are all of the camps set up the way they are? Why are the rocks shiny? What's up with those puss trees? Why are there random rocks all over in an area that probably shouldn't have any kind of geological activity? Who would waste magical energy making a boatload of rocks that serve no purpose other than to take up space? Why doesn't the hero outpost have any buildings?

Any and all info about this new zone would be super.​​
YouTube - Steam - Twitter
[at]riviania Member since Aug 2009

Comments

• Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Lots of people are asking if this is supposed to be the Gateway revived. I haven't come across anyone with a definitive answer yet. However, Luther Black created the Gateway, so this could be a recreation by another party, perhaps Shadow Destroyer. I suppose it being purple, and some of the other terrain features, were esthetic choices to make it look "otherworldly." The Elder Worm at least don't sound or act like they're allied with any other party; they seem to be opportunistically using the Warzone for their own purposes.

This zone is an original Cryptic creation, as was the Gateway Between Worlds, so there's no lore behind it other than what can be found in-game.
    Post edited by bulgarex on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    deleted due to accidental post
  • Options
    pr0fp0ttspr0fp0tts Posts: 46 Arc User
    Here's a link to the wikipedia article on 'Qliphoth' if that helps any: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qliphoth

... although I'm guessing that the designers just Googled for alternate words for 'Hell' and picked one out of a hat... ;)
  • Options
    @pr0fp0tts, the Qliphoth as a feature of the Champions Universe is actually taken from the published setting sources for the PnP side of the Champions game, which adapted the Sephiroth from the Kabbalah as the inspiration for its Multiverse. The Qliphoth's Hell-like nature is the CO devs' interpretation, though. The PnP stuff draws much more inspiration from the classic horror stories of H.P. Lovecraft and his imitators. CO has also made the Qliphoth a more central feature than PnP does.

BTW the Champions setting does include proper Hell; that is to say, all the Hells from all the world's religions and mythologies.
  • Options
    horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    What are the rewards for killing 5000 Qliphotic Imps?

You get only a title at 100 and another title at 1000

Are their heads unlockable?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Its as simple as the new main dev likes creepy stuff and the Qliphoth stuff is creepeh that fits in with CO. Though I like they did some nice stuff visual wise. Shadow Destroyer's Satanic fish tank is awesomely surreal.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    What are the rewards for killing 5000 Qliphotic Imps?

You get only a title at 100 and another title at 1000

Are their heads unlockable?

No, because their heads is a costume unlock from Resistance, Resistance Head Colossus Bird, which is also available in GCR/SCR Vendor for 975 GCR

Devs don't do 5000 Perk costume unlocks anymore
    costume_colossushead2.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!