test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Cosmic Beatdown

So, the new Cosmic Beatdown requires four cosmics, including the difficult to engage Eidolon.

Aside from the great difficulty coordinating a group for Eidolon, even the increased GCR award means a general reduction in GCR.

I am a grumpypants, but generally in favor of dev work, and I understand what they are going for.

Not a fan of this change, though.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Comments

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Same. But not really that annoyed by it since I just do cosmics whenever.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I'm just annoyed it wiped the credit for ones I'd killed. I don't get to do the fights often​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Just change the name to Cosmic Beatdown (Occasionally) to better reflect reality. I've no idea of the number of players who have sufficient time to do all 4 of these in a day.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Just be like me and stop caring about completing the daily like I did long ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Just be like me and stop caring about completing the daily like I did long ago.

yes, it gets done when it gets done. The first Cosmic 'daily' took me 2 weeks to get done.

The new Boss fight is interesting.​​

• Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I have this odd habit of just doing Cosmics on the toons that don't need GCR, anyway. But, yeah, it would be way less insulting to stop calling it a daily.

Actually, why not significantly increase the reward and significantly increase the recycle time to a few days or a week? This would slow down GCR gain for the "elites" and speed it up for the "casuals".

*can't flame me 'cause I'm made of lava*
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options

Actually, why not significantly increase the reward and significantly increase the recycle time to a few days or a week? This would slow down GCR gain for the "elites" and speed it up for the "casuals".

How would it do that? It's not like elites and casuals have their own runs that they do apart from one another.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

How would it do that? It's not like elites and casuals have their own runs that they do apart from one another.
    Meaning: It would slow down acquisition for folks that run Cosmics a lot (elites, I suppose), and speed it up for folks that run Cosmics less (casuals, in this sense).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

spinnytop said:

Meaning: It would slow down acquisition for folks that run Cosmics a lot (elites, I suppose), and speed it up for folks that run Cosmics less (casuals, in this sense).
    How would it speed it up for the casuals? Does pwestolemyname actually think they would actually do something like make it a weekly that grants 70 GCR for killing each of the cosmics once, giving 7 times the reward for 1/7th the effort? That would just be silly.

This just sounds like another "gimme more for doing less" plan u3u

And if he is acknowledging the fact that they would make it a weekly that actually grants way, way less than what you would get for doing the daily every day for a week, then what happens when the """""""casuals""""""" get more time to play/end up in enough successful runs that they would have gotten more reward for actually doing the quest as it is now? Lemme guess, then they double back and claim this was some evil dev decision to oppress the casuals u3u

Also, which """"""""""""""""""""""""casuals"""""""""""""""""""""""""" do you base the rate on? The ones who can only get on one day a week? The ones who can get on 3 days? 5 days? How "`"`"`"casual"`"`"`" are we going here? I know some '`'`'`'`casual'`'`'`'`'` players who get on every day of the week and easily attend cosmics enough to get the daily done several times per week. Which casual is the true casual?
  • Options
    And you say I'm the grumpypants!

:p

• Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

And you say I'm the grumpypants!

:p

With that said Spinny does ask some relevant questions. I don't get pwestolemyname's suggestion either.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Agreed... it seems like... weelll.... "I want more reward for less effort" and little else.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I, personally, do not care much about the reward.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I, personally, do not care much about the reward.

Same. I think after the first month since Cosmic came out, I've never completed the quest within a day, mainly because I play whatever is needed/whatever I feel like playing.

I get more credits and questionite from just doing Cosmics, than sitting out the cosmics that I do not need for my daily. It's like some kind of weird rocket biology kind of math.

The daily is there as an extra incentive to participate in Cosmic battles, it's not as if it locks you out of rewards unless you complete it.
  • Options
    so far, Kiga has turned to be ' relatively ' simple. as long as we have competent puppy trainers and tanks just stand and take it and take it and take it
    ape- now that I can see the rock bombs is a lot easier. I still get lag death occasionally but meh, **** happens. And of course the, someone said something in chat, what is was it..... dead.
    dino is always fun, as I try to remember when to block when to attack. or on healer, when to heal and when to quickly res people.

the new one, ok it requires fast footwork for the last bit... boy did i get a load of lag deaths with the fight.
    But I will give the Devs 2 Bastard Points for making the orbs you save Red(danger) and the ones you kill yellow(neutral.)
    Most people will have to fight the automatic reaction, red is danger, kill it
    It is a bit annoying so many powers can't be used because they may affect the red orbs but I really don't miss hordes of pets in melee, sorry pet characters.​​

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I like the Edselhorn fight for the mere fact that it does NOT cancel travel powers.
    Post edited by pwestolemyname on
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It's not like every cosmic is killed on a schedule, anyway.

Before the change there would be days that I would be waiting for a Dino run to happen successfully. Just this weekend I have seen a Kiga run that took hours to complete.
    They may be more frequent than successful Eidolon takedowns, but they are still far from a sure thing, and the less time you play every day the less sure they become.

Take part in the hunts you can take part in, claim the GCR that you can claim, and if you happen to get the daily done then it's a bonus.
    Always has been.
  • Options
    Well, I did all four Cosmics in a row yesterday. Did not take too long--Dino was the longest and most annoying, not Eidolon.

Still, I'm not a fan of mixing the Q zone cosmic into Cosmic beatdown. Doesn't seem like a good fit to me, from in-game/lore aspect.

• Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    It's not a good fit. The Cosmics were giant rampaging monsters, kind of a Godzilla thing. Kigatilik too, demon god status notwithstanding.

Shadow Destroyer-turned-Eidolon is a separate and unique thing to himself. It's the game's culmination, and its climax. It's standalone. It shouldn't have been lumped in with the Cosmics.

The devs have made some great changes, overall. But this decision is questionable. I get that they want to market the new zone, and incentivize players. But this tie in just feels wrong.
  • Options

It's not a good fit. The Cosmics were giant rampaging monsters, kind of a Godzilla thing. Kigatilik too, demon god status notwithstanding.

You destroyed the point you were making immediately once you had to explain how Kigatilik fits in with godzilla and king kong. Kiga has more in common with Eidelon than he does dinomom and monkey man.

Kiga already requires you to travel to a different zone than the first two, so that reasoning is out.
    Thematically Kiga already didn't fit in with the first two, so that reasoning is out.

They're all part of the daily because they're all Cosmic open world bosses. That's what it is - the Cosmic daily. It's not the Kaiju daily, it's not the "fighting monsters on earth" daily. It's the Cosmic daily. In fact, if they add any more Cosmics to the game you can likely expect to see their name popping up in that quest as well. Personally I don't want any more open world Cosmics, I want more epic lairs.

Shoot, instead of worrying about getting the cosmic daily done, just do a TA instead.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

That's what it is - the Cosmic daily. It's not the Kaiju daily, it's not the "fighting monsters on earth" daily. It's the Cosmic daily. In fact, if they add any more Cosmics to the game you can likely expect to see their name popping up in that quest as well. Personally I don't want any more open world Cosmics, I want more epic lairs.

Shoot, instead of worrying about getting the cosmic daily done, just do a TA instead.

Not worried, just offering my thoughts. Like I said, adding Eidolon hasn't made the daily much harder--Teleiosaurus is still the least likely to succeed.

• Options
    edited October 2016

spinnytop said:

That's what it is - the Cosmic daily. It's not the Kaiju daily, it's not the "fighting monsters on earth" daily. It's the Cosmic daily. In fact, if they add any more Cosmics to the game you can likely expect to see their name popping up in that quest as well. Personally I don't want any more open world Cosmics, I want more epic lairs.

Not worried, just offering my thoughts. Like I said, adding Eidolon hasn't made the daily much harder--Teleiosaurus is still the least likely to succeed.
    Well that wasn't specifically aimed at you. More aimed at people who actually go nuts because they can't finish their daily every day.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I would have preferred if Eidolon hadn't had been added to the daily, but I get why they did it, to popularize the new zone and to inform folks that you can get the rewards from him as the others.

With that said I could barely complete the daily before he was added, as it was not guaranteed that even an ATTEMPT on the dino would be going down that day. Still the most unliked of the cosmics, but still doable, just not as much as the others.

The recently there have been four in a row runs.