test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build Request: Mystic Swordsman

Hi. Okay, I'm kinda at a loss and looking to come back to the game. So, here's the thing. I want a build to go from start to finish based on a mystic swordsman. As an idea of what prompted this, look up a show called Thunderbolt Fantasy. That's the main inspiration behind wanting this one, and I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. I'm definitely looking to get back into the game itself if I can find a way to make such things work.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    What makes a character a 'mystic swordsman'?
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Learn2Google bro.

Reaper's Caress is the flashiest sword move in the game. Star Barrage with no rune can go for a flashy AoE. I don't think any of the current runes fit the theme of Thunderbolt Fantasy. Warlock or Pyro Blades would look good too. After that, there are the standards: Conviction, Masterful Dodge, Ego Surge w/nimble mind, a lunge. The new sword ultimate might be a nice addition as well, if you have it.

Night Warrior is the only offense passive that buffs everything equally. Or you can go with a defense / support passive. What you pick depends on what kind of content you'd like to do and what gear you want to pick up. Aura of Radiant protection can give you good defense while also buffing your team.

The hardest part is figuring out the stats. Dex buffs everything with higher crit chance. Con for more HP. The third stat I'd say Int and then pick up MSA. Warlock / Pyro Blades and Conviction all have cooldowns, so that's not a problem.

Form of the Tempest is what I would go with for toggle form, but doesn't buff ranged damage as much. It will proc on any crit, ranged or melee.

Block Replacers: Antagonize has a nice animation and would be my top choice. Parry lets you reflect some damage and occasionally does a kick move thing. Retaliation is just the basic block animation, but your next attack after blocking does bonus damage. I don't really see any other the shields fitting the theme. There are, sadly, no umbrella or wall of swords block replacers.

Dex (pss) / Con / Int

Reaper's Touch
    Reaper's Caress R2 + debuff adv
    MA Lunge of your choice
    Slotted Passive (Night Warrior / Aura of Radiant Protection / whatever) r3
    Form of the Tempest
    Conviction r3
    MSA
    Star Barrage (or as early as you can get it)
    Antagonize (or whatever you like)
    Warlock / Pyro Blades r3
    Reaper's Embrace r3
    Masterful Dodge
    MA Sword Ultimate (or whatever if you don't have / want it) r3
    Ego Surge w/Nimble Mind

Dexterity:
    Gear Utilization
    Power Swell
    Deadly Aim
    Expose Weakness

Warden:
    Fortified Gear
    Ruthless
    Elusive
    The Best Defense

Vindicator:
    Aggressive Stance
    Merciless
    Offensive Expertise
    Mass Destruction

Dexterity or Warden Mastery​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    @sterga, I could possible use the HW block. I know some weapons overlap for it, not sure if there's one slim enough to.