Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160914.0328b.2 - Sorcery Changes

13»

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,775 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Well, there's also not many cone AoE heals in the game either (basically just two- one from an adv on the only heal that takes health from you to heal, and can't be used on self). And if you want a cone AoE heal that can also be used to heal yourself, then yeah AV is the only pick then. I can understand the argument that the old VL wasn't being used often, but I think that's also stemming from its charged nature and its 10-ft sphere being kinda pithy in comparison to the coverage that an AoE cone can get.

That coulda been improved upon while still introducing a new cd-based ally heal but *shrug* oh well. I just hope we have more spammable ally heals coming down the pipeline.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    BUG: Banish's Visual FX and Power Duration show as active when you damage an enemy being held by the power, even if the enemy has broken free.

Example: I held a DEMON Villain in the Powerhouse with Banish. Stabbed it once and the power fx and duration were still active on the enemy, but the enemy had actually broken free and started using its lifedrain move. ("Your soul is mine!")
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I I can understand the argument that the old VL wasn't being used often, but I think that's also stemming from its charged nature and its 10-ft sphere being kinda pithy in comparison to the coverage that an AoE cone can get.

So... make it scale off stacks of Ensorcelled , PRE, and the time charged. For a reasonable level 40, that would be.... 250 (tap)-500 (full charge) healing x each stack of Ensorcelled consumed. Assuming you've got all eight stacks to begin with, that makes..

first tap - 8 x 250 = 2000 HP healed (all stacks of Ensorcelled consumed)
    second tap = 1 to 3 x 250 = 250-750 HP healed

first full charge = 8 x 500 = 4000 HP (all stacks of Ensorcelled consumed)
    second full charge = 1 to 3 x 500 = 1500 HP healed

10-15 second cooldown feels right for that... so then you've got a viable AoE heal, which only works in conjunction with other Sorcery powers, needs powering up through participation, declines in power when spammed, and actually gives people a reason to rank up their Form.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    New dps test for sorcery (dex/int/ego).
    The dex spec is fixed now, and I am using a r9 sorcery +damage mod.
    The damage per tick on hex of suffering seems to be taking a huge hit.

The timing on Hex status is really tight with just Hex of Suffering now. You can't use it after 2 or 3 full maintains, but need to break off a maintain to apply it again. And this also tends to run into the bug where status effects fall off when they are applied just as the previous stacks fall off. Adding in Eldritch Blast makes timing easier, but doesn't do anything positive for dps.

All in all I think soulbeam could do with a few percent higher damage (3% or so) and a 100 feet resistance debuff.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aiqa said:

All in all I think soulbeam could do with a few percent higher damage (3% or so) and a 100 feet resistance debuff.

Well isn't that what Eldritch Blast is for? It's like Infernal - the debuff itself is applied with a short-range power, but can be maintained with a long range power.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,775 Arc User
    Hm, seems like they made it so Hex can't crit anymore? For a DoT that makes sense, but that does hurt its dps potential a bit.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,073 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hex of Suffering just seems like a largely invalid power within Sorcery with the changes made to Skarn's Bane (again).

Would it be "easier" to make Hex of Suffering into some sort of ONH power which:

"Deals additional Magic Damage to enemies and applies Hexed to affected targets."

Rank 2

Rank 3

Advantage: Rune of Lethargy - Hex of Suffering when used with an AoE attack will now root all affected targets.

--

If that is a very bad idea...reduce its cooldown or make into something worthy of its tier.

• Options
    I mean...

I'm not planning to take Skarns for my sorcery build. I'd rather just tap for my damage debuff and gtfo.

Instant debuff vs maintain2debuff is a huge difference in utility.

For me at least, in these times of "staying in short-range longer = staying in range of those sick one shots longer"
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 635 Arc User
    WIth Invocation of Storm Calling being changed to magic damage and a similar power being added to the Electricity framework, I'm not sure anyone would choose the New Advantage: Electrify - Chance to apply Negative Ions for the Sorcery power. Less synergy.

I do love these changes overall though!
  • Options
    Suggestion:
    Change Commander specs to work on sigils (rapid response lowers their charge time by 0.5seconds in stead of 1, but none of the others applie).
  • Options
    if rapid response reduced sigil cast time to a tap that sure would make that an attractive spec.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    spinnytop said:

I mean...

I'm not planning to take Skarns for my sorcery build. I'd rather just tap for my damage debuff and gtfo.

For me at least, in these times of "staying in short-range longer = staying in range of those sick one shots longer"

Sure their is that, but the DoT on Hex of Suffering is in the 60-90s range in damage... while Skarne can do more, depends what you're going for, some reason Skarne's Bane even with full maintain doesn't always apply Hexed Debuffed.

I'd like to make a suggestion, can you do something with Circle of Ebon Wrath, it's Heal debuff/Damage Ratio is not worth using with Diminishing Returns, it should do significantly more damage, something like Rank 1 - 25%, Rank 2 - 33%, Rank 3 - 50%, Multiplicative damage for example..

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

I mean...

To be 100% honest? I have always wanted Hex of Suffering to do a lot more than it does.

Enemies don't always cluster together for the "full damage potential" of the power to be realized. The "Hexed" debuff it now gives should not be taken away, but it either needs an increase in damage output or innate rooting or something...something which makes it a little more useful/attractive than its current version.

I still maintain that Bane should not be taken away from "Skarn's Bane"...I don't think there are too many powers which actually utilize the Bane set of random debuffs...would be nice if Skarn's could keep that aspect and have "Hexed" debuff as an advantage for those who want it.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 723 Community Moderator
    BUGS:

The tooltip on Pillar of Poz and Expulse indicates that the Healing Rune ticks every 0.5 seconds. In practice, it only ticks every 1 second.

The tooltip for both powers shows that the Healing Rune is affected by healing bonuses. In practice, Expulse's rune does not scale with all healing bonuses (such as Compassion). Poz's rune does.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Out of interest, does anyone have a list of effects and powers which count as "Curses"? (for the sake of Conjuring EU). If so please post!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Full maintain skarnes gives a curse.
    theres an advantage for eldritch blast which does,
    hex of sufering
    theres something else but i can't remember​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    chaelk said:

Full maintain skarnes gives a curse.

theres an advantage for eldritch blast which does,

hex of sufering

theres something else but i can't remember​​

Jinxed from Invocation of the Storm Calling.

Also a Bug that's been their since Skarnes Bane has been given Hexed Debuff, Applying a maintain doesn't always apply the Hexed Debuff symbol but still triggers The Conjuring Energy Unlock.
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I don't like single target paralyzes with a required charge at all. There is a reason no one is using those, it's because they just suck. So I don't understand at all why another one has been added (even if the vfx and animation are great).

If you want to charge a paralyze there are AoE options. And for single target there are at least 2 without the required charge and 1 without a cooldown and double the range.
    Post edited by aiqa on
This discussion has been closed.