test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

H again everyone, I apologize for yet another build question, this time about ele/particle sword.

xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Builds and Roles
So im thinking of making my character more in theme with cosmic powers, I dont feel this way with only yellow lightning for example, so im considering a few options here, force, ego blades as we talked a little about this one before, or force powers.

I really like electric form so im sticking with that ive heard ele form is good for particle blade, but I have no idea how I would build a survivable one with good dps.

Another concern is I wanted the utility nerupulse from the ele tree for groups and the self heal, but id probably have to spec out of the stat it scales from.

Here are my favorite of the electric abilities though, light arc, electric form, sparkstorm, may even work better with melee, light orb, and lighting storm.

If you can help me out my friend id greatly appreciate it thank you.
Post edited by xoriandruid on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If ur gonna address a post to me, then ya may as well go to PMs next time :p

When you say 'particle blade' I guess you mean Laser Sword? Cause you also mentioned TK Blades..

I wouldn't really add Laser Sword (or TK Blades) to a ranged framework like an Elec build, unless ya just really wanted to mix up melee w/ ranged? (ie. more for theme than optimization, as melee/ranged mixes have to split their dmg bonuses and/or stats to an extent, and otherwise they can have redundant attack powers)

Or maybe ya wanted to try Sparkstorm's toggle on top of a melee build? Cause with Laser Sword that will be very expensive. Wouldn't be as hard to afford w/ TK Blades, though.. but then you'd prob want to use a universal dmg passive like AoPM, Quarry, or NW.

If ya just want a Laser Sword melee build but w/ Sparkstorm or LStorm for AoE then that can work too, but again requires a dff build backbone.

I'll await more clarification.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    flowcyto said:

If ur gonna address a post to me, then ya may as well go to PMs next time :p

When you say 'particle blade' I guess you mean Laser Sword? Cause you also mentioned TK Blades..

I wouldn't really add Laser Sword (or TK Blades) to a ranged framework like an Elec build, unless ya just really wanted to mix up melee w/ ranged? (ie. more for theme than optimization, as melee/ranged mixes have to split their dmg bonuses and/or stats to an extent, and otherwise they can have redundant attack powers)

Or maybe ya wanted to try Sparkstorm's toggle on top of a melee build? Cause with Laser Sword that will be very expensive. Wouldn't be as hard to afford w/ TK Blades, though.. but then you'd prob want to use a universal dmg passive like AoPM, Quarry, or NW.

If ya just want a Laser Sword melee build but w/ Sparkstorm or LStorm for AoE then that can work too, but again requires a dff build backbone.

I'll await more clarification.

Yes I mentioned both and yes im willing to go a mix of melee and ranged, and yea I didnt think of sendin you a private message, I guess just in case anyone else would chime in or looking for a similar build it would be helpful for them. I changed the topic.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So I'm still unclear as to the general direction here in terms of playstyle. Do you want a primarily melee build that uses Elec AoE for the extra reach? Or a primarily ranged Elec build that can sometimes melee if you want to?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

So I'm still unclear as to the general direction here in terms of playstyle. Do you want a primarily melee build that uses Elec AoE for the extra reach? Or a primarily ranged Elec build that can sometimes melee if you want to?

Primarly ranged with melee.
  • Options
    Alright. Here's one way to do it, and trying not to throw too many attacks in there so ya have enough defenses and stuff:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Coordinated
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Lightspeed Dash
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ball Lightning (Rank 2, Triplicity)
    Level 23: Lightning Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Laser Sword (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 35: Neuroelectric Pulse (Recharge)
    Level 38: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Power Swell (2/2)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Designed to do strong Elec dps form range w/ LArc + NI debuff and LStorm for AoE, and to be able to jump into melee w/ the LS combo. Can use the lunge, Ball of Lightning, and/or Neuro Pulse to roll MSA.

Gears mostly for Dex and Con, w/ some Int for cost discount and MSA. At max level it skips severity rating on gear cause it uses Dex Mastery.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    This looks nice! Thanks flow.
    Post edited by xoriandruid on
  • Options
    Hey man just an update here ive decided not to go melee and I tried some of the ranged stuff as well and it looks fitting for cosmic looking powers, but are they draining? Would it synergize with electric? I dont want something not useful or will one will out dps the other kind of thing.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'are they draining?' If you just want to put in some non-Elec powers for flair, then go ahead- that's a theme thing. It may not be optimal and it may be redundant, but whether its 'useless' to you or not is just subjective. My build already had the 'core' Elec powers for a ranged dps that should be sufficient in of itself. You could choose to optimize that a bit further, add more defenses or utility (like CC, or a threat wipe, or an ally res, etc), or just fill up the rest of the space w/ flavor/flair powers. Up to you.

If you are going to keep it a pure ranged build, though, then I'd prob change the toggle back to Concentration. Ya can keep Dex PSS, but then ur main stat to gear would be Int, and not Dex. FotT is good for all-rounder builds mixing a ton of widely diff powers, due to its easy proc condition - but its primary dmg boost is to melee, and only half of its bonus goes to ranged.
  • Options
    Really? So im guessing every ranged build should use cocentration? And I dont know im asking if ill run out of end easily picking some power armor abilities, ele form does buff any particle dps which is the abilities im talking about, it should still be optimal.
  • Options
    Most ranged builds should being using Conc, yea- that or Chilled Form (or AotI for poison builds). This is if dps is the main priority.
  • Options
    Well I already use electric sheath and ele form, maybe ill grab cocentration to thank you.