test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Im not sure how possible it is but I am suggesting dual colors and darker for auras and powers

xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
If anyone has played city of heroes for example you would know you could make your powers have two colors in one, usually the outline and one on the inside, even if its zen store locked but make it account bound please!

And more darker color options for powers thank you:)

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe no one else is chiming in on this....
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Neat idea. Probably requires them to go in an rekajigger every single power vfx in the game to make it work.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    spinnytop said:

Neat idea. Probably requires them to go in an rekajigger every single power vfx in the game to make it work.

I dont see it being that hard to be honest, the game already has the art style to implement it fairly easily, coh added this as well and its a much older engine.

But I do see they are working on other things first, im just hoping to see something like this soon.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

spinnytop said:

I dont see it being that hard to be honest, the game already has the art style to implement it fairly easily, coh added this as well and its a much older engine.

But I do see they are working on other things first, im just hoping to see something like this soon.
    Well see the way the VFX are very likely done is that certain parts of the power are masked to a certain shade of the primary power color. For example you have a sprite or mesh for the outer edge that is a few shades lighter, and then you have the middle which is a few shades darker - before color is applied it would look like it was in black and white, or grayscale. The primary color is then applied to those objects. In order to change just one power to the dual color system they would have to retag the individual parts of the power VFX to be one or the other color, and would then have to go through and do this for every single effect. Then of course they would also have to dig in there and figure out how to modify all parts of the current color-picking system which could be a nightmare itself.

It would be neat, but it would probably be a lot of work. So what I'm saying is, I like the idea, I just wouldn't hold your breath.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

spinnytop said:

Well see the way the VFX are very likely done is that certain parts of the power are masked to a certain shade of the primary power color. For example you have a sprite or mesh for the outer edge that is a few shades lighter, and then you have the middle which is a few shades darker - before color is applied it would look like it was in black and white, or grayscale. The primary color is then applied to those objects. In order to change just one power to the dual color system they would have to retag the individual parts of the power VFX to be one or the other color, and would then have to go through and do this for every single effect. Then of course they would also have to dig in there and figure out how to modify all parts of the current color-picking system which could be a nightmare itself.

It would be neat, but it would probably be a lot of work. So what I'm saying is, I like the idea, I just wouldn't hold your breath.
    But if certain parts of powers are already slightly different it shouldnt be as hard as it appears, atleast thats how it seems to me. I think the art style makes it even easier, they did add the comic outline in the game and you can turn that off, granted its not in the same league as a dual color power system but one would think its more possible then one might think.
  • Options

But if certain parts of powers are already slightly different it shouldnt be as hard as it appears, atleast thats how it seems to me. I think the art style makes it even easier, they did add the comic outline in the game and you can turn that off, granted its not in the same league as a dual color power system but one would think its more possible then one might think.

It's not hard at all, in fact it would probably be pretty easy. It would just take a long time. Well, changing the power color changing interface itself might be difficult. There's a reason they haven't really overhauled the basic game UI even though it's sorely needed in several areas.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

It's not hard at all, in fact it would probably be pretty easy. It would just take a long time. Well, changing the power color changing interface itself might be difficult. There's a reason they haven't really overhauled the basic game UI even though it's sorely needed in several areas.
    Hmmm really? Oh your probably talking about the fact we cannot seperately increase or decrease certain things, yes this is very annoying im happy to share my setup though its not perfect but much better for seeing your character.

I would also like to see better controller support like able to use my pet ability or target objects.