test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I want to redo my tk build mostly ranged with a little melee.

xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
Here are some of my issues im running into, I cant decide if I want tk burst or tk malstrom, I cant decide on if I should add the aoe to tk assault, and I am not sure what to get for defense. I know I want another passive besides ego form though. Maybe regeneration?

I know my melee moves will be frenzy, and anhaliation.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Depends on ur priorities. Regen if you want more survival (at the expense of dps). TK Burst vs. TK Maelstrom is choosing burst vs. spammable AoE dps.

I'm not sure of ur full build, but its kinda redundant to add melee when ur already using a good all-range dps combo like TKA -> TK Lance. I mean, if you really want the theme of those added disparate melee attacks, fine, but its not really that practical.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Depends on ur priorities. Regen if you want more survival (at the expense of dps). TK Burst vs. TK Maelstrom is choosing burst vs. spammable AoE dps.

I'm not sure of ur full build, but its kinda redundant to add melee when ur already using a good all-range dps combo like TKA -> TK Lance. I mean, if you really want the theme of those added disparate melee attacks, fine, but its not really that practical.

Its only for when they get close, but if you where to choose ranged and melee what would you do?
  • Options
    If it was TK? Well, the easiest is obv to use TK blades for the melee, but keep a ranged TK base. Something like this:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Void
    Level 6: Acrobat
    Level 9: Ascetic
    Level 12: Shooter
    Level 15: Quick Recovery
    Level 18: Impresario
    Level 21: Wordly

Powers:
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Telekinetic Assault (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Ego Reverberation
    Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 26: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I was thinking of adding one more melee attack in there like frenzy and taking out assault for one burst seems to do the same thing anyways if I turn assault into aoe and the it has a major graphic bug and tk lance would do the same thing for single target, also do you recommend a dash ability for enemies who wont come to me? Im also considering an aoe close ranged attack like eruption or maelstrom, on one hand the eruption has the buff form but it has kb and groups hate that, on the other maelstrom has a self heal and stun.

This build is more then helpful though.
  • Options
    TK Burst isn't as good for single target as TKA for ranged, and has less range and roots you while casting. But yeah it can effectively replace TKA as the ranged Ego Leech builder, if you want to consolidate power slots.

One problem w/ adding any attack outside of TK is that none of them will work w/ Ego Reverb, so they may drain energy a bit. Depends how often ya plan on using them, though- if infrequently, then its prob not a big deal. Another problem is, Frenzy is somewhat redundant w/ any TK blade attacks you may take.

Ofc, melee + ranged mixed sets can also run into the problem of having too many attacks and not enough defenses or heals and whatnot. Up to you how far ya wanna go w/ mixing diff sets.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    flowcyto said:

TK Burst isn't as good for single target as TKA for ranged, and has less range and roots you while casting. But yeah it can effectively replace TKA as the ranged Ego Leech builder, if you want to consolidate power slots.

One problem w/ adding any attack outside of TK is that none of them will work w/ Ego Reverb, so they may drain energy a bit. Depends how often ya plan on using them, though- if infrequently, then its prob not a big deal. Another problem is, Frenzy is somewhat redundant w/ any TK blade attacks you may take.

Ofc, melee + ranged mixed sets can also run into the problem of having too many attacks and not enough defenses or heals and whatnot. Up to you how far ya wanna go w/ mixing diff sets.

This is why im saying I should just use lance over assault and keep burst as my ranged aoe. I dont see how frenzy is redundent because its an aoe attack and different then the others, ego weaponry is really only useful for the siphoning strikes, but the other tk melee attacks in this build are only single target.

And tk maelstrom or eruption isnt outside of tk sorry I should of said the tk part.
  • Options
    TK Lance on its own isn't that good w/o building Ego Leech stacks, though, and is rather costly to spam.
    Technically, Frenzy is still redundant cause you already have an AoE attack. Its inclusion isn't really for practicality as much as theme, which was more my point. Go ahead if its for the theme, though.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

TK Lance on its own isn't that good w/o building Ego Leech stacks, though, and is rather costly to spam.
    Technically, Frenzy is still redundant cause you already have an AoE attack. Its inclusion isn't really for practicality as much as theme, which was more my point. Go ahead if its for the theme, though.

Oh I see what you mean, hmmm well it would only be for close range aoe.