test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PRE mastery and Empathic Healing

superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
Just to check... since Empathic healing is a maintain, how does it interact with PRE mastery?

I fear it creates tiny shields, making the interaction rather poor...

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Pres Mastery can build up a bit during its duration, but for getting larger shields- yea, using charged heals is better.

The main benefit would be more granularity. While a maintain heal would give you weaker shields w/ Pres Mastery, it will give them more often, which is better if a target is currently under-fire (and weaker if not).

Given its short (6 sec) duration, the mastery is already kinda limited anyways. Nice for tank-healing, but not that great for anyone only taking sporadic/infrequent dmg.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Ty Flowcyto, this makes it still interesting then. For the dedicated healing of a target under fire it then translates in an effective +10% healing (multiplicative, to abuse the term).

• Options
    yeah kinda, as I'm not sure if Pres Mastery is always a 10% or if it fully stacks that way, or if there is an internal cap in how much can be added per sec, etc. There's underlying mechanics there I'm not fully clear on, but it def is an effective healing boost to targets taking dmg constantly either way.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    I hate to burst your bubble (har har har), but one other limitation of shields is that they don't utilize the character's Resistance stats, which is typically the biggest contributor to a tank's survivability. :( Admittedly, though, I'm not completely certain where the shields from Presence Mastery fall on the damage calculation formula. Protection Field and Mindful Reinforcement are unaffected by Resistance, but I believe Personal Force Field is affected. So, it's possible Presence Mastery's heals use the target's Resistance, I suppose, though I'd wager it's on the Protection Field layer instead.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    I think its in the usual layer for bubbles, so yeah DR is not factored in fully. Had to put AoRP on a pet in the battle station to see what happens:

Even then, its still useful for healing 'tanks', just not as, and ya have to consider what the other 2 mastery options avail are.