test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can someone please explain to me some things about auras?

xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
Alright here are some things I cannot figure out, are all forms and buffs by default without auras? Are concentration and other kinds of buffs suppose to have auras while you cast it? Is there a way to have multiple auras but without having them all on at once? Like only when you have certain forms or buffs on? Why cant I just have the original auras and graphics that was designed for the powers themselves?

I did notice with ego form when I cast eruption I turn into a form from an ego surge trigger.

Anyways thanks all.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Slotted passives used to have fixed aura visuals attached to them. Years ago they changed that such that slotted passives didn't have the auras, and you'd instead get the auras separately- opening up auras as a new store and customization option.

Most toggles do have a faint glow aura when their energy return procs. Energy Form Passives also I think do the same when/if they proc energy return from their passive 2dary effects (ex. inc Fire dmg triggering Fiery Aura, etc). These effects are rather mild and generalized, though.

You can have diff auras slotted at diff parts of ur body, though ya have to acquire/purchase them first. Most are avail via the Zen store, iirc.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Slotted passives used to have fixed aura visuals attached to them. Years ago they changed that such that slotted passives didn't have the auras, and you'd instead get the auras separately- opening up auras as a new store and customization option.

Most toggles do have a faint glow aura when their energy return procs. Energy Form Passives also I think do the same when/if they proc energy return from their passive 2dary effects (ex. inc Fire dmg triggering Fiery Aura, etc). These effects are rather mild and generalized, though.

You can have diff auras slotted at diff parts of ur body, though ya have to acquire/purchase them first. Most are avail via the Zen store, iirc.

Hmmm I can see why people may want to customize more and have them on different characters but this makes the powers way less fun.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    There are arura vendors along the outside of the awning covering the tailor area in RenCen. You can get 1 free legacy aura/character there (those that went with the passives). You can buy more of those from the Q store. Other auras can be got from other vendors (e.g. gcr). Many come from the zen store. When the BIG events role around there is the opportunity to farm for event specific auras. Note that some auras (those you buy with money) are account bound while most others are character bound. You get 1 free always on aura lot and 1 only in combat aura slot per character. You can buy up to 2 additional slots of each type. So, lots of different auras out there and lots of different ways to implement them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!