test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I need some help with ego blade/electrcity build.

xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
So far I picked the disciple, and then picked ego blades, id mastery, and the aoe electric power thats now a toggle I forget the name if anyone can help throw me a build id greatly appreciate it, this isnt exactly a melee archtype so im worried I may die to much.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The wording is a bit confusing. When you say 'the Disciple' do you mean you made the AT, or you got the talent named after it?

I assume the latter and ya want an FF build w/ TK blades and Elec.

Here's one- plays in the Hybrid role w/ AoPM:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Coordinated
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves
    Level 21: Accurate

Powers:
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 6: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Lightning Storm (Rank 2, Stolen Thunder)
    Level 23: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 32: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Gears mostly for Dex and Con. The lunge, Conviction, and TStrike can all proc MSA for energy.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No I dont want a tank build, this is melee dps build with some ranged and aoe from electrcity, and the disciple innate just like when you picked the glacier innate. Thank you for the tank build though.
    Post edited by xoriandruid on
    edited August 2016
    Well, good thing I didn't post a tank build, then :p Cause that's not one, nor does it play like one.
    For dps builds that want to mix ranged and melee, AoPM + hybrid builds are overall very good, since either dps role can only buff either melee or ranged anyways. Mine as well go for AoPM's stat boost and Hybrid roles healing boost.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    flowcyto said:

Well, good thing I didn't post a tank build, then :p Cause that's not one, nor does it play like one.
    For dps builds that want to mix ranged and melee, AoPM + hybrid builds are overall very good, since either dps role can only buff either melee or ranged anyways. Mine as well go for AoPM's stat boost and Hybrid roles healing boost.

Well I was hoping for more of strict powers between teleken and ele, also ego is the main dps of telekentic melee, so I think maybe the other at might be better, its ego, dex, and recovery. Thanks for this build but I really dont think its for me and what I was looking for.
    edited August 2016
    You do know that the Ego scaling soft-caps at 70, and is in the earliest layer for calculating dmg, right? It doesn't actually mean much for geared dps FFs where that layer has heavy diminished return. Beside which, AoPM boosts all stats, so w/ that you'd be naturally soft-capped on Ego anyways w/ AoPM by max lvl, and still have boosted Rec, Dex, etc.

Otherwise, the rest of the build had Elec and TK blade powers- and all the counter-points you've had have been about its backbone (which can be changed). I gave you TK blade's efficient melee combo w/ EBA, Elec's best AoE, and a short cd from both powersets to go along w/ MSA, as picking the EU from either set won't work on the other powerset's attacks.

edit: nvm, I think I see. You wanted Sparkstorm. Well, that's a pretty easy addition to make :p It can replace LStorm if ya really want it.
    edited August 2016
    Right but i want to be themeatic to and there are quite a few from other powers completely. Again I appreciate the the effort its just not what im looking for. I will say I wasnt interested in any tk powers except ego blades. I may scratch the ele thing anyways because I realized all the buffs are really for those specific powers. And the fact that tk does have some ranged and aoe in itself.
    edited August 2016
    Okay, but my build didn't include any non-TK blade attacks from TK. The lunge, EBA, and the combo are all TK blade powers, technically. Spark_Lightning Storm and TStrike are from Elec, and ya wanted Sparkstorm + Elec. So.. I dunno what else to do w/ the advice given, but I guess GL finding what ya wanted.
    edited August 2016
    flowcyto said:

Okay, but my build didn't include any non-TK blade attacks from TK. The lunge, EBA, and the combo are all TK blade powers, technically. Spark_Lightning Storm and TStrike are from Elec, and ya wanted Sparkstorm + Elec. So.. I dunno what else to do w/ the advice given. It'd be easier to just say what powers ya wanted at this point :p

All those buffs are from other powersets, and the daggers for example is not an ego blade power its a ranged atk if I remember correctly. Anyways I may be dropping ele because all the buffs only buff those specific power may not be such a good idea to mix another power for ranged and better to just use tk for ranged and aoe. Thank you again though:)
    Oh, lol, the daggers are just the end builder. The end builder doesn't matter much cause ya shouldn't really be using it often, and there's a TK blade end builder anyways, so its easy to just change that if theme matters.

Is it cause ya wanted the dual TK blade visuals? The issue w/ that is ya can only gets those via Mental Disc toggle, or ID Mastery, but neither boost Elemental or Elec dmg at all, so I didn't go that route.
    flowcyto said:

Oh, lol, the daggers are just the end builder. The end builder doesn't matter much cause ya shouldn't really be using it often, and there's a TK blade end builder anyways, so its easy to just change that if theme matters.

Is it cause ya wanted the dual TK blade visuals? The issue w/ that is ya can only gets those via Mental Disc toggle, or ID Mastery, but neither boost Elemental or Elec dmg at all, so I didn't go that route.

Lol, well id think id rather have a ele builder or blade one, well I know ego surge gives you dual blades to but yea nothing to boost ele and im thinking my ranged stuff should be more primary so the enemies can come to me, not sure how well it would work out with ego blade being primary.
    Well, one drawback TK blades have (common to melee) is having spotty AoE reach. Ranged TK can fill that hole a bit, if ya want that. TK Burst was recently fixed (last I checked on the PTS) to properly work w/ damage toggles now. Most of the other TK AoE's knockback, so that one is nice. TK Maelstrom is good and also stuns and can give quick Ego Leech stacks, though its a burst AoE due to its cd. TK Eruption can be alright, though it can scatter KB if charged more than halfway.

Going full-on TK attacks could also allow ya to use dual blades anims via ID Mastery, though Ego Form is a bit better for pure ranged TK builds- ID mastery still boosts ranged TK as well.

Unless ya mean ya just want a ranged Electric build? Those are pretty straightforward, but have no TK powers at all and play out in a diff manner.

I dunno man. Up to you what powerset(s) ya really want. Can;t really say much else since they can all be vastly different.
    flowcyto said:

Well, one drawback TK blades have (common to melee) is having spotty AoE reach. Ranged TK can fill that hole a bit, if ya want that. TK Burst was recently fixed (last I checked on the PTS) to properly work w/ damage toggles now. Most of the other TK AoE's knockback, so that one is nice. TK Maelstrom is good and also stuns and can give quick Ego Leech stacks, though its a burst AoE due to its cd. TK Eruption can be alright, though it can scatter KB if charged more than halfway.

Going full-on TK attacks could also allow ya to use dual blades anims via ID Mastery, though Ego Form is a bit better for pure ranged TK builds- ID mastery still boosts ranged TK as well.

Unless ya mean ya just want a ranged Electric build? Those are pretty straightforward, but have no TK powers at all and play out in a diff manner.

I dunno man. Up to you what powerset(s) ya really want. Can;t really say much else since they can all be vastly different.

Im just trying to figure out whats best for tk melee for ranged and aoe powers.
    Well, assuming ya want ID Mastery still, I kinda already outlined that.

Here's a build for TK blades + ranged TK. Blades for single-target and close-up, ranged for normal AoE and burst AoE:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Void
    Level 6: Acrobat
    Level 9: Ascetic
    Level 12: Shooter
    Level 15: Quick Recovery
    Level 18: Impresario
    Level 21: Wordly

Powers:
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Ego Reverberation
    Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 26: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Since FotT is the toggle here, main stat to gear is Dex, though Ego and Con are still good to boost up. Ego Form could also be the passive (it can also have the dual blade adv).
    edited August 2016
    flowcyto said:

Well, assuming ya want ID Mastery still, I kinda already outlined that.

Here's a build for TK blades + ranged TK. Blades for single-target and close-up, ranged for normal AoE and burst AoE:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Void
    Level 6: Acrobat
    Level 9: Ascetic
    Level 12: Shooter
    Level 15: Quick Recovery
    Level 18: Impresario
    Level 21: Wordly

Powers:
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Ego Reverberation
    Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 26: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Since FotT is the toggle here, main stat to gear is Dex, though Ego and Con are still good to boost up. Ego Form could also be the passive (it can also have the dual blade adv).

Wow your amazing, really this helps allot, although im choosing ego, then recovery and then dex. yep I decided that its more thematic anyways for a cosmic look changing colors, thanks again really!
    NP, though if ur having survival issues, ya may want to invest in Con SS over Rec SS. At by max level, ya should be fine enough on energy to not need to SS a pure energy stat like Rec. Ego Surge will also give you much more crit% if you have more Con anyways, due to Nimble Mind.
    Well so far I picked that thing from ego blade that lets you leach health. But quick question is it just me or do ego blades seem clunky and not as fluid as dual blades? Maybe its because it was designed to be one tk blade originally?
    The dual TK blade combo anim is copied from DB's Blade Tempest, and EBA shares the same anim as SB's Reaper's Embrace. They may look less fluid cause they copied the anims but don't quite share the same tooltip times. But they're still pretty similar, and the visual effect doesn't change that they function as described.
    flowcyto said:

The dual TK blade combo anim is copied from DB's Blade Tempest, and EBA shares the same anim as SB's Reaper's Embrace. They may look less fluid cause they copied the anims but don't quite share the same tooltip times. But they're still pretty similar, and the visual effect doesn't change that they function as described.

I see thanks again, I think ill go for ego form it seems im better going primary ranged plus the attacks seem to look better in my opinion then the tk blades but ill still get some melee.
    Sorry to bump this back up but working on my tk again, and just wondering would it be better to stay in hybrid form or go ranged if im mostly ranged?
    Just depends on what ya value more- the better healing bonus from Hybrid role or the extra dps (and less threat per dmg) from the Ranged dps role.
    Hmmm I didnt even consider the healing, thank you.