test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is the graphic effects for cocentration and etc? And what power sets are the fastest?

xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
Animation wise and cooldown wise.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    I'm a bit confused by the phrasing of the questions and parameters here.

Do you mean what powersets have the shortest cds and fastest-looking anims? (two unrelated things, in terms of gameplay) And something about the visual fx for toggles?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

I'm a bit confused by the phrasing of the questions and parameters here.

Do you mean what powersets have the shortest cds and fastest-looking anims? (two unrelated things, in terms of gameplay) And something about the visual fx for toggles?

I asked both, which powersets have the shortest cds and the fastest animations. And then I was asking where is the graphic effect for concetration and etc? He animates but it looks like there should be a sound effect and particle of some kind as well.
    edited August 2016
    Afaik, most toggles have a specific anim for the initial cast when you toggle it on, but only give a non-descript faint 'glow' aura when stacks of them are gained. That's prob for the better as most toggles are general-use and tying them to a specific look (once they are toggled on) could be immersion-breaking.

Fastest looking anims? Well for a speedster many people take Unarmed MA for 100Hands, and Martial Arts in general is the 'swift' melee concept. For ranged.. I dunno, I guess Archery can look swift? It makes a bit less sense for ranged sets cause they have less dynamic/varied anims and tend to rely on fixed maintains or charged powers for their offense.

CD timers are all over the place for all the powersets, tbh, such that its not really a good basis for choosing among them.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    flowcyto said:

Afaik, most toggles have a specific anim for the initial cast when you toggle it on, but only give a non-descript faint 'glow' aura when stacks of them are gained. That's prob for the better as most toggles are general-use and tying them to a specific look (once they are toggled on) could be immersion-breaking.

Fastest looking anims? Well for a speedster many people take Unarmed MA for 100Hands, and Martial Arts in general is the 'swift' melee concept. For ranged.. I dunno, I guess Archery can look swift? It makes a bit less sense for ranged sets cause they have less dynamic/varied anims and tend to rely on fixed maintains or charged powers for their offense.

CD timers are all over the place for all the powersets, tbh, such that its not really a good basis for choosing among them.

How fast is electrcitiy? In other games it seemed to always be about speed so im wondering about this, thank you for all of your help.
    Well, Elec's best dps attacks are Lightning Storm and Lightning Arc, both are prolonged maintains. I mean, the spells themselves hit rapidly, but in terms of animation your caster is basically just standing there w/ their arm(s) up.
    flowcyto said:

Well, Elec's best dps attacks are Lightning Storm and Lightning Arc, both are prolonged maintains. I mean, the spells themselves hit rapidly, but in terms of animation your caster is basically just standing there w/ their arm(s) up.

Ok thanks!