test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

X-Men Days of Future Past

markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
So I'd been meaning to watch it for a long time and finally got around to it.

Most of the complaints I'd read about it made no sense at all after I watched it.

Also Kitty must be a hardcore warrior in the future to be able to continually use her powers for something like 2 days without a break and not even stop when Wolverine slashed her. O_o'

Iceman is a terrible medic. A six-year-old could have done better with bandaids.

Why does the version of Bishop not ever blast things to use up extra energy? That's how the Sentinels kill him.... No one ever did that in the comics since he'd just hit them in the face with it.

Enh... most the Future Sentinel scenes annoyed me because of the foregone conclusion.

I LOVED watching the future characters though. Blink and Warpath were great cast additions and Bishop was ok too.
ChampsWiki
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My characters

Comments

• Options
    I find all of the current crop of X-Men movies are horrible so is Apocalypse one.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    If Shadowcat is using her power, which is to become intangible, how's Wolvie supposed to slash her?​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    In the comics, Shadowcat's power has sometimes been portrayed as the ability to shift out of 3-dimensional space. Apparently the idea in the movie is that she can push someone's mind into the past that way.

Wolverine got short straw because someone like Xavier or Magneto would be too hard, and it needed to be someone who was alive back then.

So Kitty wasn't intangible when he slashed her.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

In the comics, Shadowcat's power has sometimes been portrayed as the ability to shift out of 3-dimensional space. Apparently the idea in the movie is that she can push someone's mind into the past that way.

Wolverine got short straw because someone like Xavier or Magneto would be too hard, and it needed to be someone who was alive back then.

So Kitty wasn't intangible when he slashed her.

In reality, it was just another convoluted reason to make it another Wolverine movie. Since it was suppose to be Pride that went back in the past in the comics, if I recall correctly.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Enh... he wasn't really that big though. Xavier and Magneto got a lot of screen time too. Also I LOVED the future Xmen. :) Blink, Warpath, Bishop, Storm, etc... seemed like an awesome team.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In reality, it was just another convoluted reason to make it another Wolverine movie. Since it was suppose to be Pride that went back in the past in the comics, if I recall correctly.
    Yep, Kitty was sent back, via the efforts of one of the team telepaths - Rachel/Phoenix, IIRC (it's been a few years). And the thing about "shifting out of 3-dimensional space" is remarkably odd even by comic-book standards - generally she's shown as shifting "out of phase" with the universe around her (hence the term "phasing through" objects), and finding that her bioelectric field is still sufficient to short out electronics (and people!) that she phases through. (It's one of the three ways she can harm someone - she can also grab someone, phase with them into, say, the ground, then let go, leaving them entombed, or selectively phase, say, her arm into someone, then resolidify. You can imagine the resultant mess.)​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    Well, that comic series basically clarified that shifting out of phase meant moving partially out of the universe itself.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Since it was suppose to be Pride that went back in the past in the comics, if I recall correctly.

And via a method that had absolutely nothing to do with her powers. She got sent to the past by a telepath (Rachel Summers) and she was the one sent because past-her didn't have trained psychic defenses which would have prevented it from working.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    The one good thing about Days of Future's Past is it basically deleted X2's ending and X3, and Wolverine Origins, and well all the other spin offs up to that point. I didn't think First Class was any good but I did like the actors. I did watch Apocalypse, and I have to say, it was a huge step backwards, again, though the Quicksilver scene was, once again, awesome.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Well they kinda hinted that Jean going crazy was part of why that future happened.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters