test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gambler's Lucky Gem or Severity Core for Telekinetic Assault?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Power Discussion
Telekinetic Assault gives a 3% critical hit boost for each stack of Ego Leech, up to 15% total. With this in mind, is it better to go for mods that increase your Critical Chance, or your Critical Severity? Is there a specific point at which one becomes more effective than the other? I know there's diminishing returns on Critical Chance, not sure about Severity. My build doesn't give any Chance or Severity on its own via stats or specializations, so it's all from gear. o_o

EDIT: Shoot, looks like Critical Severity hits insanely heavy diminishing returns pretty much immediately. :( 2.5 from Justice gear gave 61.7% severity, while a 3.7 boost from a Severity Core only took it up to 64.7%. Not sure how much the Severity Cores grow as they're ranked up, but at its current level, a Gambler 7 gives about 1% extra overall DPS. T_T
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    Basically, you want the product of your critical chance times your critical severity to be as big as possible.

I can do an example calculation for you if you want, but I'd need your critical chance and critical severity for both gearing options.
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    Nah, I know how to determine that, but thanks. :) Mostly, I was looking for info on how much of an increase you get out of each bonus after diminishing returns. Managed to get enough Questionite to unslot a Gambler Gem, though. X) 148 Critical Strike rating (plus 18 Dexterity) leaves me at 23.8% critical chance, whereas the extra Gambler Gem put me at 245 Critical Strike rating, giving me... I think it was 27.8% critical chance? It was somewhere around 4%, at least. On the other side, 2.5 Critical Severity rating put me at 61.7% severity, whereas 6.2 Critical Severity put me at 64.7%. The diminishing returns hit hard and fast on that bonus. :( Ultimately, the overall difference in DPS is pretty minor, but the Gambler Gem definitely won out. I'm keeping the Severity one in for now just because it's much, much cheaper to remove, so I can build up to a better mod of either type.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, Severity rating's DR is very strict. W/ Dex Mastery ya pretty much just get one mod's worth of it on gear (or one bonus of it innately on the gear) and then I wouldn't stack anymore of it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!