test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rainbow Costume Set

ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
My idea was to have rainbow tights on different existing costume sets. The only difference would be that the rainbow pattern would NOT be customizable (so that we can have more than just 4 colors).

This process has been done with the military jacket, the stripes and ribbons are set in stone, which I think works for some pieces. I of course do not want to limit anyone in the tailor, so depending on what tight sets are used the original tights will still have the 4 color option (you just can't changed the rainbow)

Now the examples I picked are chevron and i think side stripe and added some additions to the legs and hands but those pieces could also be attachments (bracer/foot/neck/collar accessory options)

photo Rainbow_edited-2.jpg

photo rainbow2_edited-3.jpg

This could easily be a Gold Monthly Item or just something fun to throw in Drifter Store.

@kaizerin
@miykael
@mattachine

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Looks great.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    Would it be possible to have four stripes you can select colors for, then three stripes between them that automatically mix the colors on both sides?

That would result in a seven-stripe rainbow, which is one of the two common renderings. It would use up all the colors though. So it would only be good for costume pieces that are nothing but rainbow.

As for tights with a built-in rainbow pattern, that's a good idea, but I'd dedicate one color to tinting the rainbow. That way, people could have a more faded rainbow, or a darker rainbow, depending on what compliments their color scheme.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    some thing kinda do that already, so probably....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I prefer the six-stripe rainbow in the concept art above. More graphically pleasing for the art style of CO, and far more commonly rendered than seven stripes.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Add Glow Channels, Fabulous~
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Adding glow would be difficult as the stripes won't be customizable. If they did it would have to be a version that glows or doesn't.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Glowing Colours then.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."