test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Manipulator and Neuroelectric Pulse

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited July 2016 in Power Discussion
As many know, Ego Storm with the Malevolent Manifestation advantage will grant Manipulator stacks without needing a target. Very good for maintaining or building Manipulator, a godsend given how unwise it is to throw crowd control around after the enemy has already built up resistance stacks.

When I tested a long while back, Neuroelectric Pulse did not build Manipulator, but neither did a lot of other powers that now appear to work properly with it. Sadly, I'm unable to go Gold at present, so I don't have access to the PTS. Could someone who does have access, or has the two powers themselves, give it a test for me? It'd be fantastic to be able to switch out Ego Storm for Neuroelectric Pulse, as it's far more thematically-fitting and would give a little bit of help with my minor energy troubles. Thank you very much. :)
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Just got NPulse on the PTS, and from testing it doesn't seem to proc Manip, whether hitting targets or not. After looking at its effects it doesn't list procing any of the ones clarified in Manip now (stun, incapacitate, paralyze, root, sleep, or confuse), so I guess that's unsurprising.

Electrocute still works w/ Manip, at least :/
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Neuroelec pulse doesn't apply any form of CC so it won't proc Manipulator. The mobs will look electrified but that's just about it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Neuroelectric pulse is a root, unless that's been changed very recently.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    yea ur right, it does list a Root, but since its not highlighted (emboldened orange text) in the tooltip, I wonder if the effect was meant to be put in, but isn't flagged right. Cause I can say in practice it doesn't apply the root debuff at all.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    yea ur right, it does list a Root, but since its not highlighted (emboldened orange text) in the tooltip, I wonder if the effect was meant to be put in, but isn't flagged right. Cause I can say in practice it doesn't apply the root debuff at all.
    I haven't used it since update, but can confirm it used to apply a root.​​
  • Options
    Looks like its getting addressed on the PTS:
    Fixed Neuroelectric Pulse's root from breaking instantly and not proccing Manipulator.
    cool
  • Options
    :D:D:D Awesome!!! I hope it triggers it without a target, too. If it does, I've definitely got something to work towards!
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    On the pts, it does not proc Manip unless at least one target is hit, just fyi.
  • Options
    Awww. :( That puts a damper on things. Thanks for the info, though. :)