test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you get nearly 1000 Primus Recognition?

Farming Recognition has never been particularly easy but seriously how do you scrape together nearly 1K in order to buy the travel powers?

Best Answer

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2016 Answer ✓
    well I got mine levelling through missions before they changed the prices.
    You get an awful lot of recognition from them.

The current events.
    Yes, some people had them after a couple of days.
    Not sure if they used any Salvage to bump up their tokens.
    The spawn farms were supposedly fixed, where there were just continuous mobs.
    Qulaar near area 51, you used to be able to use but they now, no longer drop much recog at all.

currently, just get a character to the minimum level for a type of recognition and do the daily alerts EXCEPT grab.
    one of mine is past 300 and yes, unless you want one as a theme power, they aren't particularly good.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Answers

• Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    SCR and GCR, ok, I can get it being overpriced. It's endgame after all, it's where your characters will sit forever.

But MCPD, Primus and Until? They are leveling up content (which in itself was driven pointless thanks to Alerts), and you can never get near enough tokens through normal gameplay.

IF at least you could convert upper tier tokens into 2-5 lower tier tokens...maybe.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    My favorite was the Mechanon tokens.

24 max got you a costume piece.
    5 got you a AF.

I had a guy who had 4 tokens and needed one more AF....now I'm nowhere close.

And Mechanon is really just a short comic series...nothing you expect to run forever.
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

SCR and GCR, ok, I can get it being overpriced. It's endgame after all, it's where your characters will sit forever.

But MCPD, Primus and Until? They are leveling up content (which in itself was driven pointless thanks to Alerts), and you can never get near enough tokens through normal gameplay.

IF at least you could convert upper tier tokens into 2-5 lower tier tokens...maybe.

You actually DO get more tokens at the Currency Exchange vendor in Ren Cen when you trade Silver Champion Recognition. 1 SCR token buys a 5-pack of MCPD, PRIMUS or UNTIL tokens. You can actually get a lot of the lower tier stuff quicker than anticipated this way - just run your regular daily alerts and voila! ;)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    also, I'm pretty sure you get those currencies by massacring the appropriate enemy things.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    voila

also, I'm pretty sure you get those currencies by massacring the appropriate enemy things.

In addition to kill perks (and related costume unlocks) and the massive dry-cleaning bills related to said massacres. ;)
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    According to some people they're so easy to get that players would consider any event where you get these tokens to be a pointless event. Hopefully those players come by and tell the rest of us where they're farming up all their tokens.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Most of the TP from those vendors were barely worth the original price. At their current price I wouldn't bother, most of them are useless, I.E Batflight.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User

You bought them before the execs lost their freakin' minds, pretty much.

LOL... That is so true it hurts even if it is not viable anymore.
    spinnytop said:

According to some people they're so easy to get that players would consider any event where you get these tokens to be a pointless event. Hopefully those players come by and tell the rest of us where they're farming up all their tokens.

Let's hope.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    draogn said:

Most of the TP from those vendors were barely worth the original price. At their current price I wouldn't bother, most of them are useless, I.E Batflight.

I like Batflight on my vampire-powered zombie monster hunter, The Raggedy Man. I just use it like teleport. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png