test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Palliate + Absolve

kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
The Absolve advantage on this power enables people to completely erase threat. It is often times mistakenly (and less often purposefully) used to erase the main tank's threat during Cosmic fights, throwing the whole thing into chaos.

Possible changes:
- Changed to only work for people in teams

- Changed to NOT work for people in Tank Role.....so that if they want to *consent* to having their threat be erased then they can switch roles for the duration of that encounter

- Add a big super obvious visual effect on the person casting Absolve. Could be similar to the "Critical Effect" bubble. This will make the people making mistakes more conscious and careful and make the trolls more easy to report since they'd stand out

Any other ideas?

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    When used on someone in tank role, I think it would be neat if it transfered my own threat to that person.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kamokami wrote: »
    - Changed to NOT work for people in Tank Role.....so that if they want to *consent* to having their threat be erased then they can switch roles for the duration of that encounter

I personally vote for this one, make TANKs immune to Absolve

while the limitations of making it work only on team would work (if it exclude team ups) sometimes the healer who has Palliate to help DPS getting agro off (like in TA) can sometimes accidently use Palliate on the main tank

it could fix that mistake as well​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    avianos said:

the limitations of making it work only on team would work (if it exclude team ups) sometimes the healer who has Palliate to help DPS getting agro off (like in TA) can sometimes accidently use Palliate on the main tank

It could work even if Team Up was included. We'd just organize so that the Tanks were not in Team Up....and at the very least we'd have a workaround. While not great it would be a lot better than right now.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    aiqa said:

When used on someone in tank role, I think it would be neat if it transfered my own threat to that person.

I (half) like this suggestion. The concern I got with it is that in the cases that the person using Palliate has aggroed a separate mob or has a ton of enemies on them, it likely would overload the work the tank has to deal with. In the case of most cosmics though that's not too much of an issue.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

aiqa said:

I really like this suggestion a lot. Mostly because it allows more players to contribute to threat management...instead of dumping everything on the tank's shoulders.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    It'd really help if our targeting for our team were a bit easier to manage. Even if you tell it not to, I've found myself target swapping from a dpser to the tank a few times while tossing out heals. That's honestly why I never take Absolve on my healers, it's just too much of a risk.

IDK though, the idea of being able to manage someone else's threat just rubs me the wrong way in general. I feel like you should be responsible for your own, not able to dictate what your team is allowed to do. The most I can see is a threat dump to the tank, but only because it's manipulating your own personal threat, and placing it on a target that should reasonably be able to handle it. Kinda feel like if someone pulled too much and can't handle it, that's what CC is supposed to be for.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine

IDK though, the idea of being able to manage someone else's threat just rubs me the wrong way in general.

Makes sense. It's also in some ways what is wrong with Palliate
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    It'd make sense. If someone's actively pulling to the point where you gotta threat wipe them, a threat wipe probably isn't gonna help them as much as possibly dying and learning how to block properly. A power that wipes your threat and heals someone else, however, sounds tasty.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kamokami said:

- Add a big super obvious visual effect on the person casting Absolve. Could be similar to the "Critical Effect" bubble. This will make the people making mistakes more conscious and careful and make the trolls more easy to report since they'd stand out

I would say something along the line of those giant pillar of light, similar animation to that of the Pillar of Poz's animation. They will always be the same color and the pillar would be visible on the user and the user's target when use.
    edited July 2016
    qawsada said:

I would say something along the line of those giant pillar of light, similar animation to that of the Pillar of Poz's animation. They will always be the same color and the pillar would be visible on the user and the user's target when use.

That would be pretty cool!
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    I'm gonna be really annoyed if they change the visual effect. I use palliate, but there is no way that a giant pillar of light will fit with the theme of my build. I would rather they just make it so that absolve doesn't work on tanks.
    Ink@Opalsky in game