test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online: Free Rainbow Flight this weekend!

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in Super News Network
Rainbow Flight will be free of charge for this weekend! Claim it in the ZEN store!
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10026393-champions-online:-free-rainbow-flight!​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Yay!

Outstanding idea.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    fabulous
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Posts: 8 Arc User
    A small thing, but good for fighting against injustice!
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    Great way for our members to honor those lost in the recent tragedy.
    @Powerblast in game
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    chuckwolf said:

How would that work exactly?'

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    So, when will we get rainbow surfboard flight? I mean, we already have hoverboards and rainbows, it seems a natural combination.

So, when will we get rainbow surfboard flight? I mean, we already have hoverboards and rainbows, it seems a natural combination.

Now that would be great......... add Flag-Surf to that too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    There's the rain-bow cloud power... you stand on the cloud....

I'd actually LOVE a non-rainbow cloud travel power. It closely mimics the way guys like Darkseid fly.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User

chuckwolf said:

How would that work exactly?'

Because the Rainbow has long been a symbol of the LGBT community
    @Powerblast in game
    chuckwolf said:

Because the Rainbow has long been a symbol of the LGBT community

I am aware of that. Don't see how choosing it as a TP for a toon honors the dead though.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Offering a rainbow-themed power, which literally creates more rainbows in game, rainbows being the most common symbol for the LGBT community, honors the victims of the tragedy in Orlando because they were killed at a gay nightclub, and most of the victims were gay men.
    Maybe you live somewhere where gays do not live openly, or where the rainbow flag is unknown. That would be understandable--I met some folks in zone chat this past weekend that were in that boat.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    There's the rain-bow cloud power... you stand on the cloud....

I'd actually LOVE a non-rainbow cloud travel power. It closely mimics the way guys like Darkseid fly.

Activate Earth Flight from far enough off the ground. I do wish there was a way to set that as the default.​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    Hmm.. how do you get Earthflight?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Play freeform? You can probably buy it as silver as well. I'm pretty sure you can do it by just jumping and activating.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    Aw, shucks. Why can't you give away a TP I DON'T already have? :p

It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Play freeform? You can probably buy it as silver as well. I'm pretty sure you can do it by just jumping and activating.

Really hard from just the ground. Jump off a ledge, or even Defender's workstation in Ren Cen, and you should be fine. :)​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    maybe toggle activation in mid-air?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Offering a rainbow-themed power, which literally creates more rainbows in game, rainbows being the most common symbol for the LGBT community, honors the victims of the tragedy in Orlando because they were killed at a gay nightclub, and most of the victims were gay men.

I don't see how it honors them in any real way

Maybe you live somewhere where gays do not live openly, or where the rainbow flag is unknown. That would be understandable--I met some folks in zone chat this past weekend that were in that boat.

Wrong on both counts. I am Scottish and the LGBT community live openly here, I have been aware of the rainbow flag since I was a small child when my family would take me on protest marches to demand that the government (Thatcher's at the time) take action to promote equality for the Gay community and for women.

I gathered with others in ST Andrew's Square, Edinburgh, on June 15th for the 'Edinburgh Stands with Orlando' to show solidarity.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited June 2016

solidarity.

I don't think you can really expect more than that from a video game.

This isn't the first time they have this TP away, and I seem to recall you having some gripes about it at that time as well.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1192119/rainbow-flight-free-weekend

edited June 2016
    oops, double post. See next post

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited June 2016
    beezeeze said:

I don't think you can really expect more than that from a video game.

I'm not expecting more, just responding to a couple of posters.
    beezeeze said:

This isn't the first time they have this TP away, and I seem to recall you having some gripes about it at that time as well.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1192119/rainbow-flight-free-weekend

I don't (and didn't) have any gripes whatsoever about a free TP give-away. I think it's a nice little gift to the players and I'm happy if it makes some folks happy to get this TP. Saying that it honors those killed in a horrible, homophobic massacre (as the first person I responded to alluded to......context ) is reaching though.

Cryptic/PW have not stated the reason for the give-away, which is entirely their prerogative I suppose.

zrdRBy8.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The first time Rainbow Flight became Free for the weekend was the period same sex marriage was legalized in the united states

and it became again for the recent LGBT tragedy

It was an oblivious subtle token of appreciation for the LGBT communities in both occasions, even if they didn't anounched the real reason of the giveaway​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited June 2016
    avianos said:

It was an oblivious subtle token of appreciation for the LGBT communities in both occasions, even if they didn't anounched the real reason of the giveaway​​

Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't announce this "real reason" though avianos. Any thoughts on why they didn't (serious and respectful question btw, not snark) ?

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png