test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Volition just announced follow up to Saints Row IV and its not Saints Row V btw

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited June 2016 in Off Topic
I am super hyped for this it has so much comic book cheese its almost 4 color edam O_O"

WARNING AS DIS IS SAINTS ROW SPIN OFF THE TRAILER IS A TAD SWEARY IN ONE SECTION! Under 18s do not watch >_>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfBOHGWsJWQ

They be sticking with the Super Hero stuff so all you Vanilla Ice gangland wannabes go cry some moar Saint Rows 2 was utter pish :O
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by nepht on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Stuntdouble, lol.
    Looks snazzy.
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Stuntdouple, lol.
    Looks snazzy.

I feel sorry for stunt double :I
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Saints row III and Saints Row IV were great games and it sounds like the voice actors from that franchise are back.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

Saints row III and Saints Row IV were great games and it sounds like the voice actors from that franchise are back.

As its not a main line Saints Row game they doing squad based and from what is being said it looks like there will be dozens of characters to build a squad from not just these three. The man that beat up Satan and forced God to do a retcon better be playable because why the f%$* not!

I love most of this series* as its the closet thing to a Dr Doom simulator as you can get >_>"

*I even like SR2 but its fans are as toxic as Melee ones -_-

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Does this series have super people or just people with guns?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Saints Row has had an odd evolution, it started out as Grand Theft Auto clone and ended up full on Super Villain game.

Saints Row 1 was GTA rip off. 2 was still gangland stuff but started to go down the comic book route with evil business and voodoo priests. III was when it went full 4 color batshit and had you fighting super villains. IV added aliens and full on super powers. Gat outta Hell had you fight Satan.

Each game the series got more crazy and the threat got more and more as we would say here "cosmic". The more comic bookish the series got the better it became. Remember this game series is made by the folk that made The Punisher game so they have some serious love for comic books. Even some of The Punisher's game mechanics like the way you grab hold and throw people have snuck into Saints Row.

If you want comic book style stuff ignore 1&2 (still good games though & always fun poking at SR2 fans) and play 3&4.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    nepht said:

Stuntdouple, lol.
    Looks snazzy.

I feel sorry for stunt double :I
    I just got an awesome character concept idea.....Maybe i'll come back to play with it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    nepht said:

Saints Row has had an odd evolution, it started out as Grand Theft Auto clone and ended up full on Super Villain game.

Saints Row 1 was GTA rip off. 2 was still gangland stuff but started to go down the comic book route with evil business and voodoo priests. III was when it went full 4 color batshit and had you fighting super villains. IV added aliens and full on super powers. Gat outta Hell had you fight Satan.

Each game the series got more crazy and the threat got more and more as we would say here "cosmic". The more comic bookish the series got the better it became. Remember this game series is made by the folk that made The Punisher game so they have some serious love for comic books. Even some of The Punisher's game mechanics like the way you grab hold and throw people have snuck into Saints Row.

If you want comic book style stuff ignore 1&2 (still good games though & always fun poking at SR2 fans) and play 3&4.
    Yeah, that Babylon guy seemed to have his own Damocles array...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Saint's row 2 was okay, there were some good villains and some moments where your character came off as a really hard core bad ****, but there were times where I felt my main character went over the line and that was kind of immersion breaking. Saint's Row III really hit the right notes and made the villains feel like worthy adversaries. Being an anti hero isn't much fun if you can feel sympathy for your enemy. From that animated short it looks like you have a real nasty looking villain plus your boss is clearly no goody two shoes. Anyways, I rather like the comedy style and love the fact that in the saint's row series I could make the character I wanted to play as, which made it far more enjoyable then Grand Theft Auto. With any luck some of that customization will exist in this new game.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

With any luck some of that customization will exist in this new game.

From whats little is coming out its not a main SR game so it doesnt have the full customization but there will be lots of agents to choose from and you'll be able to change like their clothes, hair and loadout.

Kinda get this vibe that this game is a test run for the new engine before they apply it to SR5.

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Color me intrigued by this. Hopefully it's not another shooter or MOBA game, and an actual world game. Kind of getting sick of the number of MOBA and shooters coming out now.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Color me intrigued by this. Hopefully it's not another shooter or MOBA game, and an actual world game. Kind of getting sick of the number of MOBA and shooters coming out now.​​

Its full on open world and oddly SINGLE player only, the fact they are not going to try and add on a lackluster co-op is most welcome. They have a faqs about it on the Deep Silver website.