test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting Stuck

eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
Every other time I do the MC mission where you rescue cops from various gangs at the docks, I get knocked into a shipping container and get stuck. The /stuck command no longer worked but you are advised to enter /killme.

I am really tired of this. It should not be that easy to get stuck in any object anywhere in the game. And /stuck should be the de facto way of getting unstuck. /killme forces you to respawn, which leads to an otherwise unnecessary trip back from a spawn point.

I got lucky tonight. An elder worm summoned a mindworm underneath me, which actually freed me from being stuck in the shipping container. I'll never get that lucky again.

Comments

• raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    To my knowledge /stuck would teleport you to the nearest respawn point when it was still working... I know that is what it did the last time I ever used it... so there really is no difference between /stuck and /killme...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    raighn said:

To my knowledge /stuck would teleport you to the nearest respawn point when it was still working... I know that is what it did the last time I ever used it... so there really is no difference between /stuck and /killme...

The last time I used it successfully, it unstuck me about 3 feet or so away from where I was stuck. It has never sent me to respawn. (Not saying it didn't for YOU--it may have done that just before it was completely disabled, and I just never had that happen to me.)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, /stuck still doesn't work regardless, and it really should. No, skip that--the getting stuck should be fixed. We've waited more than long enough.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    the dock ones, you don't have to get knocked into to velcro. You can run against them and get stuck.
    This alos happens in, Stitch in time alerts.

sometimes you can slide yourself along the containers and get off, most times you have to .
    stuck usually just shoves you a few feet from it.

under help, theres a stuck option but that involves going through menus. not good in combat
    /stuck.. /killme were changed due to an OV exploit​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    chaelk said:

the dock ones, you don't have to get knocked into to velcro. You can run against them and get stuck.

This alos happens in, Stitch in time alerts.

sometimes you can slide yourself along the containers and get off, most times you have to .

stuck usually just shoves you a few feet from it.

under help, theres a stuck option but that involves going through menus. not good in combat

/stuck.. /killme were changed due to an OV exploit​​
    Oh, so that's why things were changed. I didn't know that.

I have actually walked out of being stuck, but sometimes when you get knocked you get stuck against the container in the air and can't move. Then it's a choice b/t defeat and defeat, usually. Not good options, as I'm sure you're aware.